Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/11/2008 8:03:32 AM EDT
Legal action (1st Amendment freedom of speech) currently pending to reverse yet another zero tolerance=zero thought policy that does not allow this young man to wear a patriotic T-shirt that has an image of a gun on the front & back along with some patriotic wording.

Summary & links to full story here:

dustinsgunblog.blogspot.com/2008/03/boy-given-detention-for-wearing-gun.html

I really want one of those shirts - anyone know where I can find one?
Link Posted: 3/11/2008 8:05:53 AM EDT
[#1]
Why don't these kids ever think it out, have the image on the outside AND the inside.  When he complies, just look at the raving adults like insects.
Link Posted: 3/11/2008 8:08:06 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
Why don't these kids ever think it out, have the image on the outside AND the inside.  When he complies, just look at the raving adults like insects.

hahah he had a License to hunt terrorist shirt.

ETA Like one of these
Link Posted: 3/11/2008 8:08:29 AM EDT
[#3]
Bullshit, I hope the school district gets its ass sued. I would feel better if the leadership of the district/school were all fired and deported to Africa.

Link Posted: 3/11/2008 8:12:36 AM EDT
[#4]
Just about as dangerous as a Glock pen .
Link Posted: 3/11/2008 8:14:59 AM EDT
[#5]
I make belts for a living.

One of the belts that's most popular says "THE SOUTH WILL RISE AGAIN."

Well one day a girl said she'd like to get one for school. The older lady with her* wouldn't let her because she thought it would get her into trouble.

I didn't believe it at the time but after reading stories like this, she might have had a point.  

*I'm going to assume it was her grandmother.
Link Posted: 3/11/2008 8:17:24 AM EDT
[#6]
I shouldn't have to click more than once to see the "offending" t-shirt.
Link Posted: 3/11/2008 8:21:50 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

LOL

That was an AWESOME thread.
Link Posted: 3/11/2008 8:30:36 AM EDT
[#8]
He should have been wearing a shirt that said celebrate diversity...

www.thoseshirts.com/gunshirts.html

I couldn't find the shirt in question but I've seen the logo on bumper stickers
eta- like this

Link Posted: 3/11/2008 8:33:06 AM EDT
[#9]
PC is ruining America.  Are we really that sensitive that shirts are offensive?  I hate this shit so much.
Link Posted: 3/11/2008 8:49:48 AM EDT
[#10]
Shirts like this are banned in school, but books teaching boys that sucking cock is okay are not.    WTF is wrong with America?
Link Posted: 3/11/2008 9:19:52 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
PC is ruining America.  Are we really that sensitive that shirts are offensive?  I hate this shit so much.

I find pants offensive.

That's why I don't wear them
Link Posted: 3/11/2008 9:31:47 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Political Correctness is like book burning without the fire.  hitler would have used p.c. effectively.  
Link Posted: 3/11/2008 9:39:51 AM EDT
[#13]

I hate it when this happens. Fuck PC.

Oh well, at least I'm on page 1.

Link Posted: 3/11/2008 9:44:55 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
Shirts like this are banned in school, but books teaching boys that sucking cock is okay are not.    WTF is wrong with America?

+1 !

This country is going downhill, fast.  It scares me.

CMOS
Link Posted: 3/11/2008 9:58:20 AM EDT
[#15]
That's just WONDERFUL

In 1979 I wore a "Have a nice day....Fuck someone" (You old dudes remember that one) T-Shirt to Highschool and my rig had a (OH-MY-GHOD!!!) rifle in the rear window.

Somehow, I managed not to kill everyone I came in contact with.

I WILL admit though to "Trying" to seduce my lesbian health class teacher for an entire school year()...guess I'm a bad seed though.
Link Posted: 3/11/2008 10:12:18 AM EDT
[#16]
Hell, I had worse shirts than that in high school.  I had the slimey face h
Link Posted: 3/11/2008 10:20:07 AM EDT
[#17]
If it had been a shirt with a picture of a gun held to the head of President Bush, no one would have said a word.
Link Posted: 3/11/2008 10:43:01 AM EDT
[#18]
Why do I feel the ACLU will be quiet on this violation of our Bill of Rights....
Link Posted: 3/11/2008 10:44:05 AM EDT
[#19]
it's on foxnews.com now.
Link Posted: 3/11/2008 10:52:17 AM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:
Why do I feel the ACLU will be quiet on this violation of our Bill of Rights....

For the same reason the public outcry on ARFCOM for people being fined for wearing baggy pants doesnt manifest itself.

Different groups have different prejudices and interests.  If something bad happens to a group you tend to associate negative aspects of society with, you applaud it or condone it.  

The double-edged sword of bias cuts both ways.
Link Posted: 3/11/2008 10:57:35 AM EDT
[#21]
That "school" needs to be closed down, the land donated to WALMART for a Super Walmart with a huge fire arms and ammo department.  
Link Posted: 3/11/2008 11:02:36 AM EDT
[#22]
Yeah, I saw someone wearing a shirt like that at the Wall-Mart a few days ago.  At first blush looked like a gun tucked into the front of his jeans. I though it was kind of cool, you could tell it was not a real gun.
Link Posted: 3/11/2008 11:05:05 AM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:
That "school" needs to be closed down, the land donated to WALMART for a Super Walmart with a huge fire arms and ammo department.  

3 words: NRA shooting range.
Link Posted: 3/11/2008 11:10:34 AM EDT
[#24]
When I was in school the Co-Ed Naked shirts were a big thing, after a while we were told to turn them inside out and then they were banned
Link Posted: 3/11/2008 3:32:47 PM EDT
[#25]
My son is a senior in High School and has a t-shirt from a band that has the bands name on and in their logo is an AR15 that looks like a vintage SP1. He was pulled out of a bunch of kids in the hallway and told to immediately turn the shirt inside out or be expelled. He didturn it inside out and was told to NEVER wear it to school again. Unbelievable.
Link Posted: 3/11/2008 3:51:03 PM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:
My son is a senior in High School and has a t-shirt from a band that has the bands name on and in their logo is an AR15 that looks like a vintage SP1. He was pulled out of a bunch of kids in the hallway and told to immediately turn the shirt inside out or be expelled. He didturn it inside out and was told to NEVER wear it to school again. Unbelievable.

Sad he did not have a father that would stand up for him.

Posting what I'd do if an "official" told my child to take off an item of clothing would get my acct locked.
Link Posted: 3/11/2008 8:12:38 PM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:

Most certainly :)
Link Posted: 3/11/2008 8:21:45 PM EDT
[#28]
The problem that schools have with this type of stuff is that if you allow the kids to wear any gun picture on a shirt then other malicious types can use it as leverage to wear shirts that might portray guns and their use in gang related/unlawful activities. Schools sadly have to go overboard in the other direction to prevent the possibility of looking like they are targeting certain groups.  You know how it is...one (or many)bad apple(s)...we all know the effect.
Link Posted: 3/11/2008 8:24:34 PM EDT
[#29]
I used to read Guns & Ammo for silent reading in fourth grade. Who knows what they'd do to me today. . .
Link Posted: 3/11/2008 8:26:33 PM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:
The problem that schools have with this type of stuff is that if you allow the kids to wear any gun picture on a shirt then other malicious types can use it as leverage to wear shirts that might portray guns and their use in gang related/unlawful activities. Schools sadly have to go overboard in the other direction to prevent the possibility of looking like they are targeting certain groups.  You know how it is...one (or many)bad apple(s)...we all know the effect.

Bad apples are actually good for the cider.  Nothing like a few bad apples to make the cider nice & tart.  ;)
Link Posted: 3/11/2008 8:31:07 PM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Bad apples are actually good for the cider.  Nothing like a few bad apples to make the cider nice & tart.  ;)

Link Posted: 3/11/2008 9:45:03 PM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:

Quoted:

ETA Like one of these

Thanks for the link to the shirt SonOfNorway :)  I've updated my post to include it.  I'm going to get one for myself & my children :)
Link Posted: 3/11/2008 9:49:17 PM EDT
[#33]
I bet if a kid were to wear a shirt with 2 'mo's having buttsecks on it, it would be okWe are fucked.
Link Posted: 3/11/2008 9:54:53 PM EDT
[#34]
Those schools should be told that exposure to pictures of firearms and firearms culture is no more influential than the Susie has 2 momnies or whatever diversity stuff they  do.
Link Posted: 3/11/2008 10:04:26 PM EDT
[#35]
thats nothing my son  got 12 weeks suspension for less than 2 minutes on the "anarchist cookbook" web site
Link Posted: 3/12/2008 6:35:14 AM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

ETA Like one of these

Thanks for the link to the shirt SonOfNorway :)  I've updated my post to include it.  I'm going to get one for myself & my children :)

Anyone find the exact shirt he had though? His has the permit on the back and 'Volunteer Homeland Security' on the front. At least thats what I see.
Link Posted: 3/12/2008 7:02:21 AM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

ETA Like one of these

Anyone find the exact shirt he had though? His has the permit on the back and 'Volunteer Homeland Security' on the front. At least thats what I see.

Yes I searched for that but have not yet found it.  If anyone can find a link to where we can buy one please let us know.  Thanks.  :)
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top