Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 11/9/2001 5:21:51 AM EDT
Do green followers mean anything different in a mag. I bought some LEO 20 round mags from Armalite the other day and when they arrived, I expected to see something different from the standard mag. The only difference that I saw was that they were slightly curved like the 30 rounders and they had a green follower. My question is why are they stamped LEO and are they suppose to be better than the civilian version?
Link Posted: 11/9/2001 5:28:33 AM EDT
[#1]
Because they are post-94 manufactured high caps (regular caps actually) and as such only cops are "allowed" to possess them.

I would stick with GI.  I dunno about the ArmaLite mags, but I know someone who had trouble with Bushmaster's version of the "slightly curved" 20-rounder.  In GI mags, green followers are good.

You might try checking the mags forum.
Link Posted: 11/9/2001 5:29:49 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
My question is why are they stamped LEO and are they suppose to be better than the civilian version?
View Quote

LEO's ARE civilians.
Link Posted: 11/9/2001 5:58:18 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Quoted:
My question is why are they stamped LEO and are they suppose to be better than the civilian version?
View Quote

LEO's ARE civilians.
View Quote

no we are not we are super annuated civilians [:D]
Link Posted: 11/9/2001 9:21:06 AM EDT
[#4]
Where are they stamped 'LEO'?
Link Posted: 11/9/2001 7:13:38 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Where are they stamped 'LEO'?
View Quote

Yes, they were stamped right down the side. I'm not worried about the stamp because I am a LEO, but I just wanted to know why they are stamped LEO and you can buy as many 20 rounders as your money can aford at any gun show or anywhere else for that matter.
Link Posted: 11/9/2001 7:21:41 PM EDT
[#6]
Yes, you CAN buy as many 20 and 30 rounders as you can afford, but they are made PRIOR to the '94 ban, as now only LEO and military can legally posess magazines of greater than 30 rounds capacity made AFTER the ban.  Us great unwashed have to buy pre-bans, and pay the price.  Makes a lot of sense, don't it?  Hmmmmm.....let's make "high caps" illegal, but allow the "grandfathered" ones to stay incirculation......but let "new" ones be made for the LEO's but NOT the "general populace", as we ALL know THEY don't need "high-caps".  What a load of shit.  All gun laws as applied to anyone but a violent felon are illegal, period.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top