Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 11/9/2001 12:48:45 AM EDT
An italian newspaper, few days ago, launched the idea to make a manifestation with the italian and the USA flags in support of USA victims and to the war on terror.
This because, according to the opinion of the "Il Foglio", the manifestation in Assisi for peace didn't condemn with clear words WTC attack and attention was too much aimend in criticizing the USA bombing of Afghanistan.
Silvio Berlusconi, the Prime Minister, supported this initiative and Saturday November the 9th this pro-USA will take place.
The anti-globalists organization, in the meanwhile decided to organize a counter-manifestation against war in Afghanistan in the same day and almost the same places.
The authorities decided as follows:
1)no flights routes over Rome for all Saturday;
2)Anti-aircraft missiles SPADA system deployed around the capitol;
3)massive use of Police and Carabinieri to separate the two manifestations and avoid what happened in Genoa
4)infiltration of LEOs in civilan dress to individuate possible kamikaze (Palestinian style...) or violent antiglobal individuals.

I will put out the windows of my house an american flag I bought in Tel Aviv and an Italian flag. Fuck off the anti-USA leftist...

GO AMERICA!!!

Paolo AR15 Ortenzi
Link Posted: 11/9/2001 4:13:53 AM EDT
[#1]
... Thanks [b]PaoloAR15[/b], it is so good to know your allies will stand shoulder to shoulder with you!
Link Posted: 11/9/2001 4:33:08 AM EDT
[#2]
Mille grazie, Paolo! Thank you so much for your kind words for the United States.  Tell everyone you see that you know many Americans who would glady and wholeheartedly support Italy in her hour of need.

Tell your friends that their efforts at showing support for America will never be forgotten.

I believe the saying (at least from a friend of mine from Potenza, in the South) is 'Under this roof, it does not rain.' We will never forget!

The best thing of all is that under the Flag of the United States, every country can boast and feel that they are part of this great country! Is America not named for one from your own country - Amerigo Vespucci?

Eric The(FriendOfItaly)Hun[>]:)]
Link Posted: 11/9/2001 5:38:30 AM EDT
[#3]
Signature line from Winston_Wolf -
"[i]Gentlemen, you can't fight in here, this is the war room![/i]" - President Merkin Muffley
View Quote

You know that [i][b]Dr. Strangelove[/b][/i] has to be one of the all time great movies!

BTW, 'merkin' is British slang for male genitalia and 'muffley' is British slang for female genitalia. Do you reckon American audiences knew [u]that[/u] in 1964?

Eric The(AndIDon't[u]Even[/u]WantToGetIntoTheName'BuckTurgidson')Hun[>]:)]
Link Posted: 11/10/2001 4:29:42 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Mille grazie, Paolo! Thank you so much for your kind words for the United States.  Tell everyone you see that you know many Americans who would glady and wholeheartedly support Italy in her hour of need.

Tell your friends that their efforts at showing support for America will never be forgotten.

I believe the saying (at least from a friend of mine from Potenza, in the South) is 'Under this roof, it does not rain.' We will never forget!

The best thing of all is that under the Flag of the United States, every country can boast and feel that they are part of this great country! Is America not named for one from your own country - Amerigo Vespucci?

Eric The(FriendOfItaly)Hun[>]:)]
View Quote

Yes, Eric, America was named after Amerigo Vespucci. I am about to put Star 'n Stripes out of my window. Today is the USA day in Italy. Today the Pope received the chief of the NYFD and talked against terrorism. Within two hours the manifestation pro-USA will start.

btw (off topic) how can I post pictures here?
Link Posted: 11/10/2001 8:35:31 AM EDT
[#5]
We need a full report from you, my friend, on just how things went with the pro-USA day Parade!

Eric The(Ciao,Baby!)Hun[>]:)]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top