Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 11/8/2001 7:13:17 PM EDT
I hope everyone here takes this lesson to heart.
I have impressed on my wife many many times the one lesson in interacting with the police.
Never say or do anything other than "I want a lawyer"
Ever.
Never ever say "yes". Never Never Never sign anything ever.
"Check your car, just to make sure its safe?" "No, I want a lawyer"
"Search your house and then we will go?" "No, want lawyer"
"Just tell us your side" "Want lawyer"
"We will let you go if you tell us where you were going" "Lawyer"
Link Posted: 11/8/2001 7:36:00 PM EDT
[#1]
So what did I miss about  Oneshot?  I went back 6 pages and couldn't find any topics started by him.
Link Posted: 11/8/2001 7:37:23 PM EDT
[#2]
rainman, it's tacked up at the top.

Happyshooter, thanks for the reminder.  Just went over it with my family again as a refresher course.
Link Posted: 11/8/2001 7:40:45 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 11/8/2001 7:49:49 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 11/8/2001 7:50:48 PM EDT
[#5]
… In the same vein, be very careful with your home alarm system. Last summer a friend came and picked me up for a quick trip down to our local watering hole for a burger and beer.
As I left I inadvertently bumped my silent panic alarm. Thirty minutes later he dropped me off at home just in time to see Mesa PD locking up my house.
Hey, the men in blue did their job exactly by the book. The poor guy that made entry went through the one and only (very high) window I merely left unlocked. They went through my entire house and only left me a bill from the city for $75.
The only thing I saw disturbed was a dummy pineapple in my reloading room.
The moral of this story: Be careful with you home alarms, they a free pass to search your house if you screw up!
Link Posted: 11/8/2001 7:53:46 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
That little card from the ACLU (seriously) is pretty useful.  Points out exactly these things, and tells you your rights and how to exercise them without any risk.

Does anyone have the link?  Good thing to keep in your wallet.
View Quote

[url]www.aclu.org/library/bustcard.html[/url]
Link Posted: 11/8/2001 8:50:22 PM EDT
[#7]
Sadly, oneshot1kill made a bunch of horrible mistakes dealing with the police, and in the end it's gonna cost him dearly.  Maybe only in lost property and higher legal fees, but it could also cost him his freedom.

It's really not his fault, because the cops are professionally trained and actually practice using these techniques in order to coerce citizens on whom they have no evidence or even probably cause into surrendering their civil rights.  Like convincing someone that letting the police come and search their house will somehow get them off the hook, when in fact consenting to that will only hurt you and help the police.  If they had anything on you they'd get a warrant and search your house anyway.  The fact that they have to trick you into cooperating tells you right there that they don't have enough to arrest you and want to look for something they can use against you.

A friend of mine is a former US Justice Dept. prosecutor who says when dealing with the police to, and I quote, "Keep your fucking mouth shut!"  Absolutely nothing you say will do anything to help you!!!

If you say [b][i]anything[/i][/b], you only say [b]"NO!"[/b]

Can I go through your pockets? - NO!
Can I look in your purse? - NO!
Can I search your car? - NO!
Can I look in your trunk? - NO!
Can I go through your house? - NO!
Why not?  Do you have something to hide? - NO!

This is what cops do, they do it every day to honest citizens, and they do it good!!  And then some of you out there wonder why some of us hate cops so much.

Print out the ACLU BustCard and keep it in your wallet so the next time you're getting assaulted by a JBT you can hand him a copy.
Link Posted: 11/8/2001 9:30:28 PM EDT
[#8]
Steel RAT Get that US Former DoJ prosecutor to this site NOW!!!

Benjamin
Link Posted: 11/8/2001 9:31:11 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Quoted:
That little card from the ACLU (seriously) is pretty useful.  Points out exactly these things, and tells you your rights and how to exercise them without any risk.

Does anyone have the link?  Good thing to keep in your wallet.
View Quote

[url]www.aclu.org/library/bustcard.html[/url]
View Quote

Good Info! Print it out and keep it on you!
Link Posted: 11/8/2001 9:54:34 PM EDT
[#10]
Ha ha ha!  This website cracks me up!  One minute it's a bash fest on the "fu**ing ACLU scumbags" and the next minute there's posts on where to get their useful materials!  LMAO...  
Link Posted: 11/8/2001 9:57:55 PM EDT
[#11]
There's an old lawyer's saying that goes something like this:

[size=4]There's no such thing as a deaf mute in Prison![/size=4]

Now, can anyone tell us why that is? Hehehe![:D]

Eric The(OldLawyer)Hun[>]:)]
Link Posted: 11/8/2001 10:01:11 PM EDT
[#12]
[b][red][size=4]
PLEASE Read this !!

[url]www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?id=68402[/url]

And PLEASE try to help this guy and his family out.

(we should really establish some formal type of fund for members in need --  regardless of the teasing and bickering that takes place here, we are all really just like one large family !)

[/b][/size=3][/red]
Link Posted: 11/9/2001 5:46:34 AM EDT
[#13]
be sure to explain this to your family!

"ma'am, if you cooperate, we'll let your stuborn husband go"

Link Posted: 11/9/2001 7:01:17 AM EDT
[#14]
Good info thanks for the post.
Link Posted: 11/9/2001 7:15:05 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Ha ha ha!  This website cracks me up!  One minute it's a bash fest on the "fu**ing ACLU scumbags" and the next minute there's posts on where to get their useful materials!  LMAO...  
View Quote

When/where did you see this "bash fest"?
Link Posted: 11/9/2001 8:52:00 AM EDT
[#16]
Here's another variation of what to do & say.

[url]http://www.njpistol.com/legal_advice.htm[/url]
Link Posted: 11/9/2001 1:58:47 PM EDT
[#17]
From our friends at the ACLU:

You don't have to answer a police officer's questions, but you must show your driver's license and registration when stopped in a car. In other situations, you can't legally be arrested for refusing to identify yourself to a police officer.
View Quote

I always thought you had to at least identify yourself.
Link Posted: 11/9/2001 5:00:57 PM EDT
[#18]
[url]www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?id=68548&page=1[/url]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top