Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 3/6/2008 6:06:03 PM EDT
say the shtf real bad...power out, stores shut down...

you see some NG, local police, sheriffs, highway patrol, etc...

all have different versions of "controlling" the situation. some tell you to head to the stadium to get a hot and a cot. others tell you help is on the way, etc...you'e confused.

do you head down to the fat guys(wannabe militia commander) house who wears a  camo bed sheet and chromed .45 for advice?

what's a guy to do?

Link Posted: 3/6/2008 6:08:02 PM EDT
[#1]
I follow my own orders, if they fall in line with the local establishment then so be it. In a SHTF time you have to look after number one first.
Link Posted: 3/6/2008 6:08:33 PM EDT
[#2]
Me.
Link Posted: 3/6/2008 6:08:42 PM EDT
[#3]
WTF?

Link Posted: 3/6/2008 6:09:00 PM EDT
[#4]
Same as always....the wife.  
Link Posted: 3/6/2008 6:09:16 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
I follow my own orders, if they fall in line with the local establishment then so be it. In a SHTF time you have to look after number one first.

+1
Link Posted: 3/6/2008 6:10:14 PM EDT
[#6]
My wife
Link Posted: 3/6/2008 6:10:19 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Yeah, why should we change just because the SHTF!
Link Posted: 3/6/2008 6:10:22 PM EDT
[#8]
I will listen to my wife.

Seriously?  I'm staying put and following my own orders.
Link Posted: 3/6/2008 6:10:30 PM EDT
[#9]
Go talk to the Ravenwood guys.
Link Posted: 3/6/2008 6:10:57 PM EDT
[#10]
Site Staff.
Link Posted: 3/6/2008 6:11:03 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

that didn't work out too well during Katrina...
Link Posted: 3/6/2008 6:11:16 PM EDT
[#12]
I only listen to the radio waves that make it through my foil hat.
Link Posted: 3/6/2008 6:11:24 PM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 3/6/2008 6:11:47 PM EDT
[#14]
dowsing rod, its gonna lead me and mine to saftey, baby!
Link Posted: 3/6/2008 6:12:05 PM EDT
[#15]
Chances are high that none of those people's plans have anything to do with my best interest. They'll be more concerned with controlling and placating the lowest common denominator, to include social undesirables, parasites, and soccer moms. So I will do what I need to do in order to maximize the survival of myself and my family.
Link Posted: 3/6/2008 6:12:28 PM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 3/6/2008 6:12:47 PM EDT
[#17]
Shelter in place!!!
I going to look after my family first.
Link Posted: 3/6/2008 6:12:58 PM EDT
[#18]
SIG Sauer
Link Posted: 3/6/2008 6:13:13 PM EDT
[#19]
Pay attention to early warnings or get in line at the Super Dome.
Link Posted: 3/6/2008 6:13:14 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

Quoted:

that didn't work out too well during Katrina...

Worked out just fine for people who knew how to avoid becoming a target for Law Tyranny Enforcement.
Link Posted: 3/6/2008 6:14:02 PM EDT
[#21]
I am the rules.

The cops will try to shut down the road as they do with a snow emergency. I will roll past. I will go south. (south because north is Cincinnati urban.)

I am 3 to 6 hours ahead of the local law and I will have a place secured, hours before the local force.

If you think a cops trunk is full of gear, you should see my truck.

Link Posted: 3/6/2008 6:14:53 PM EDT
[#22]
You do as you see best. If that's stay put then that's what you do. Under no circumstances do you surrender your weapons. You will probably need them.
Link Posted: 3/6/2008 6:15:00 PM EDT
[#23]
I'm the King of my world.

I will be listening to me.
Link Posted: 3/6/2008 6:15:01 PM EDT
[#24]
High Command! Just like the song said. "Dont belive in the church or state. Belive in me, I'm from the high command"
Link Posted: 3/6/2008 6:34:50 PM EDT
[#25]
Link Posted: 3/6/2008 6:42:18 PM EDT
[#26]
"If you show up to a fair fight, you have come unprepared."

I'll be setting up a FOB and making contact with the only 3 other people I know who own firearms (and AREN'T complete clusterfuck)

We'll go from there. The NG and local LEO, may think they have authority, but in a true SHTF situation, (IE red dawn/dawn of the dead) they can eat my ass, I'm taking care of me and mine, and maybe watching the ass of that of the man next to me.

Edit: Page 2 is mein, all mein.
Link Posted: 3/6/2008 6:44:40 PM EDT
[#27]
The voices in my head.
Link Posted: 3/6/2008 6:46:07 PM EDT
[#28]
No one
Link Posted: 3/6/2008 6:46:51 PM EDT
[#29]
Defanitly ME.
Link Posted: 3/6/2008 6:47:18 PM EDT
[#30]
Orders?  Nothing but my conscience...unlike many I know, I can formulate my own priorities without US telling me what they are....what's more important than the well-being of your family?
Link Posted: 3/6/2008 6:47:46 PM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:

I'll be setting up a FOB and making contact with the only 3 other people I know who own firearms (and AREN'T complete clusterfuck)

We'll go from their, the NG and local LEO, may think they have authority, but in a true SHTF situation, (IE red dawn/dawn of the dead) they can eat my ass, I'm taking care of me and mine, and maybe watching the ass of that of the man next to me.

Edit: Page is mein, all mein.

What if the local  cops close all rodes and rule a local emergency? It's illegal for you to travel on any roads. Will you be bad ass enough to excape the cops chase and have a excape deep enough in the wood to hide from the will of the PD?
Link Posted: 3/6/2008 6:48:04 PM EDT
[#32]
I go consult the sock puppet like always.
Link Posted: 3/6/2008 6:48:53 PM EDT
[#33]
TJ of the survival forum!!
Link Posted: 3/6/2008 6:49:38 PM EDT
[#34]
Log on and post a poll?
Link Posted: 3/6/2008 6:49:51 PM EDT
[#35]
Myself. My friends would know to fall in with me in such a situation once we were grouped up, if it were some kinda Red Dawn situation. I've got friends familiar with guns, including my cousins and uncle, and friends good with other shit like computers. Suffice it to say we've got a wide skill set covered.

If I'm by myself in NYC and something really drastic happens, the first thing I do is find a dead cop, take his weapons/ammo/vest, and go from there. If I come across anyone else...

"Come with me if you wanna live."
Link Posted: 3/6/2008 6:51:52 PM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:
Myself. My friends would know to fall in with me in such a situation once we were grouped up.

the local cops do not allow this. All rodes are closed.
Link Posted: 3/6/2008 6:52:59 PM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:

Quoted:

We'll go from their, the NG and local LEO, may think they have authority, but in a true SHTF situation, (IE red dawn/dawn of the dead) they can eat my ass, I'm taking care of me and mine, and maybe watching the ass of that of the man next to me.

Edit: Page is mein, all mein.

What if the local  cops close all rodes and rule a local emergency? It's illegal for you to travel on any roads. Will you be bad ass enough to excape the cops chase and have a excape deep enough in the wood to hide from the will of the PD?

I'm talking full-scale invasion/zombie SHTF type deal
1) I would assume a lot, not all, but a lot of LEO's would be at home protecting their own families
2) The ones that weren't wouldn't have enough man power to say a whole lot to anyone who didn't want to follow orders
3) the NG would be spread thin, and the limited amount that was dispatched to my area would be to busy wasting zombies/invasion forces to set up marshall law.
4) If the difference between survival is following orders from the NG/LEO's or getting my ass out of dodge via offroad four wheeling?HUMVEE here I come
Link Posted: 3/6/2008 6:54:27 PM EDT
[#38]

Quoted:
Log on and post a poll?

+1

Link Posted: 3/6/2008 6:55:33 PM EDT
[#39]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Myself. My friends would know to fall in with me in such a situation once we were grouped up.

So? There are plenty of yards and backroads to cut through, the majority of us are close together. Though under that situation that cuts off my aforementioned uncle and cousins since they live 20 mins anyway.

They could however come by boat since there's a park/beach within walking distance from my house and they have a boat floating in a canal in their back yard that leads to waters that would grant access to said beach whereby they can be met on foot.

Point being to improvise. And honestly, there'd be so many people bugging out that I don't think the cops would be able to close off the major roadways fast enough.
Link Posted: 3/6/2008 6:55:59 PM EDT
[#40]
Me

HH
Link Posted: 3/6/2008 6:57:30 PM EDT
[#41]
keep wife how with kids while I scout around and get as much food and gasoline/propane as possible. I normally have a great stock of each, but under extreme conditions I stock more. This is Miami, we're used to that shit down here. while all the others are waiting for the red cross, I have cold beer, steaks on the bbq, and potable water.
Link Posted: 3/6/2008 7:00:21 PM EDT
[#42]

Quoted:
keep wife how with kids while I scout around and get as much food and gasoline/propane as possible.

This should be done way before said situation happens. Non perishable/canned foods, water, and medical supplies stocked up to last you a few months at the least.
Link Posted: 3/6/2008 7:06:52 PM EDT
[#43]
The dog next store tells me to do things, would probably get orders from him.
Link Posted: 3/6/2008 7:16:25 PM EDT
[#44]

Quoted:

Quoted:
keep wife how with kids while I scout around and get as much food and gasoline/propane as possible.

This should be done way before said situation happens. Non perishable/canned foods, water, and medical supplies stocked up to last you a few months at the least.

food isnt really the issue. it's the gas for the generators and the propane for the bbq tank. I also can burn any type of wood debris to cook with, but gas is more practical for making coffee in the morning.  
Link Posted: 3/6/2008 7:19:27 PM EDT
[#45]
Marion Cobretti

Link Posted: 3/6/2008 7:25:03 PM EDT
[#46]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

So? There are plenty of yards and backroads to cut through, the majority of us are close together. Though under that situation that cuts off my aforementioned uncle and cousins since they live 20 mins anyway.

They could however come by boat since there's a park/beach within walking distance from my house and they have a boat floating in a canal in their back yard that leads to waters that would grant access to said beach whereby they can be met on foot.

Point being to improvise. And honestly, there'd be so many people bugging out that I don't think the cops would be able to close off the major roadways fast enough.

Sorry, you lose.

FACTS will simply modify the situation again to render your choices useless, until you pick the right choice, which is to gargle government cock while someone forges your guns into chains for you and your family.
Link Posted: 3/6/2008 7:27:36 PM EDT
[#47]
Whichever voice in my head is loudest at the moment. I live in an area surrounded by woods an fields, with ample food and water sources. I'll stay home and take orders from myself.
Link Posted: 3/6/2008 7:29:04 PM EDT
[#48]

Quoted:

DAMN! beat me to it!
Link Posted: 3/6/2008 7:34:31 PM EDT
[#49]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Sorry, you lose.

FACTS will simply modify the situation again to render your choices useless, until you pick the right choice, which is to gargle government cock while someone forges your guns into chains for you and your family.

Its hilarious how you think 500k military and 500k coppers would be able to contain 320 million all at one time. Not to mention the Po-Po are more civilian than military and they will be suffering the same dilemmas as most of us and resort to saving there own ass with equal passion.
Link Posted: 3/6/2008 7:35:17 PM EDT
[#50]
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top