Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 11/8/2001 2:42:32 PM EDT
This is such BS I thought it deserved a new thread:

HI guys,this is Dominicks wife.(oneshot1kill)I just got back from court and I have a few minutes before I go back.THANK YOU. Dominick was arrested on the way out to drop the kids off on the school bus. It was at 7:30 this morning. He saw them waiting and he said that he wanted to just face the charges now because the stress is killing him,and me too so dominick really turned himself over peacefully. They will not tell me how much charges are faced. I know that they are trying to keep his Ar-15, because of a law called enviormental conservation law? This was explained to me along with these charges, They are also charging him with possesion of an old stungun that they found in his ammo boxes, but it did not have a battery and it was not on him. The last thing was something about possible child endangerment for having a rifle with bullets and our two children in the car. The rifle had no bullets in it, but they were in the bag that he takes to the rifle range all the time. Also the gun lock and something about public endangerment. Thay are piling on anything just so they can get him on something. Before i go back to try and post bail I just wish to thank you all for helping my husband. He told me while he was being handcuffed to tell the guys here what is happening and if I had questions that I should ask here. Sorry for the long story but I am nervous and worried about this whole thing. I read the whole story here from the start. I personally thank each one of you for offering help or money, but we never burden anyone with our problems. We wanted to just keep you informed so this does not ever happen to you. For his bail fees I should have enough, but Dominick is pretty tough, so I am not very woried about that, only getting very worried that he is charged with something that he didnt do. I have to be back to court before 4:00 to see if he gets called to the judge. I hope that he can come home with us today. Thank you, I have to go now. Thanks for the prayers. We are a religious family and that means something to us.
View Quote

[url]http://www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?id=67320&page=3[/url]

Edited to fix link, thanks cc48510
Link Posted: 11/8/2001 3:00:20 PM EDT
[#1]
[url]http://www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?id=67320&page=3[/url]
Link Posted: 11/8/2001 3:14:28 PM EDT
[#2]
This makes me so mad.
Link Posted: 11/8/2001 3:14:51 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 11/8/2001 3:41:35 PM EDT
[#4]
Remember gentlemen, this could have been any one of us. If he'll accept it I'm in for $100.

oneshot1kill, hang in there buddy.

idaho-ar15
Link Posted: 11/8/2001 3:51:23 PM EDT
[#5]
This is precisely the kind of crap that's gonna ruin this country one day. We have so many friggin gun laws now, that, even if you wanted to, you could never be certain that you weren't violating some local/state/federal law!

The whole point of the law is lost when you are unable to conform your actions to what society prescribes as reasonably necessary for 'right reason and good order', simply because what is prescribed is not immediately obvious, or, more likely, has become so bogged down in minutiae that no reasonable man could possibly know what actions are encouraged and what actions are forbidden!

And if it is this way for attorneys, how in the world can laymen be expected to 'know the law', sufficiently to avoid prosecution.

Once at a Dallas area gun show, a fellow dealer brought an AK-47 style rifle to our table for an opinion as to whether it was 'legal' or not.

There were four different dealers at our table, not including me, and together with the dealer who brought the weapon to us, the six of us were unable to render a unanimous opinion on whether it was legal or not!

Was it pre-ban, meaning prior to Sept.'94, or not? Or pre-ban meaning prior to 1989 import ban, or not? Or was it pre-1989 import ban, but configured to pre-ban style prior to Sept.'94, or not? Or was is one of those few post-1989 import ban 'Stile' AKs that were permitted entry into the Country, under letter by United States Customs, prior to Sept.'94, or not?

There was never any agreement between the dealers and the weapon was reluctantly returned to the private citizen, with all of us knowing full well that if such a weapon were seized from him, it would most likely result in some sort of criminal action against him.

Yet with all our combined knowledge, we were in no position to give him any advice that we would feel comfortable with on this crucial issue!

Now, do you think he could call the six of us as witnesses in a criminal proceeding to testify what I have just related, showing that no 'reasonable man' could have known whether the weapon was legal or not?

The answer - no, and hell, no!

Eric The('IgnoranceOfTheLawIsNoExcuse'IsACrimeTheGovernmentShouldBeChargedWith!)Hun[>]:)]

Our Heavenly Father hold this young man and his family in the Palms of Thy Mighty and Most Merciful Hands, and utterly strike down all that may come against them, in Thy Righteous Fury! For Thy Name's sake. In Jesus' Name, Amen!
Link Posted: 11/8/2001 3:56:32 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 11/8/2001 4:16:57 PM EDT
[#7]
I do not know this guy either but he is from my neck of the woods and I would hate to be in his shoes or have this happen to me so I will put up $100 toward getting him a decent lawyer who can dispose of this and get his AR back.
My wife is an Attorney But she is not barred in NY --she is barred in GA and Her area is labor and employment not criminal or firearms law.And from what I know and Her limited expertise He needs a good lawyer. Glad to do what I can.
Mike.
Link Posted: 11/8/2001 4:20:01 PM EDT
[#8]
How about a thumb tac so we can keep better track of whether he'll need some help with his bond.

Stupid cops:
Gives people like me a bad name.

Jay
Arizona
Link Posted: 11/8/2001 4:23:35 PM EDT
[#9]
He and his family are in my prayers.
Link Posted: 11/8/2001 4:23:57 PM EDT
[#10]
It's tacked! [>]:)]
Link Posted: 11/8/2001 4:34:44 PM EDT
[#11]
Can somebody get me:

1) The arresting officer's Dept. and phone #

2) The arresting officer's name

I'd like to actually give the arresting officer a call and see WTF is going on.
Seeing as how he already charged, I don't think I can do much but I would try if I can get that info.

Ray
Link Posted: 11/8/2001 4:44:20 PM EDT
[#12]
[pissed]STUPID COPPERS[rolleyes]I would "set up" my Lawsuit now.
Link Posted: 11/8/2001 4:51:06 PM EDT
[#13]
This pains me greatly to see y'all have to go through this.  My family's thoughts and prayers are with you and your family.  If there is anything we can do to help, financially or otherwise, let us know.

Food for everyone else's thought:

I know of at least three states where this whole thing wouldn't even have gotten the attention of the law.  Those of you still living in PRK and other liberal hot-beds might reconsider supporting those states.  Yes, just living there, paying their exorbitant taxes is supporting the police state we abhor.
Link Posted: 11/8/2001 4:56:05 PM EDT
[#14]
Oh common! sounds like trumpt up charges to me!
Link Posted: 11/8/2001 5:19:02 PM EDT
[#15]
I just e-mailed oneshot1kill's wife.

[b]

We are ALL TALK !   --  C'mon guys.  
(this could be any one of us in trouble ..!)

Can we QUICKLY get a fund together?

Our family is in for $100 and I know alot of you guys would like to help too.

Does anyone PERSONALLY know Dominick?(oneshot1kill)  

It might be helpful to have someone local handle the funds, etc...

[/b]

I really don't know the best way to handle this.  

Maybe if someone has a PayPal account, we could
all wire the money in and he/she could get it over to the family immediately.   ??

(I just e-mailed Evan Nappen --  he's my attorney and specializes in NJ firearms laws.
Maybe he can assist??)
Link Posted: 11/8/2001 5:27:26 PM EDT
[#16]
ANYONE:

How can we get the "official" version of this incident?
More important, who is gonna handle his ransom fund?
I'll volunteer to collect any funds, but I live in PRK.

Let me know.

Paul
Link Posted: 11/8/2001 5:28:26 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Can somebody get me:

Seeing as how he already charged, I don't think I can do much but I would try if I can get that info.

Ray
View Quote

... someone get Dominics wifes info to [b]Waverunner[/b]!!!
Link Posted: 11/8/2001 5:29:50 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
I just e-mailed oneshot1kill's wife.

View Quote

Oops, I just did the same thing before I saw your post.  I too would like to see a fund put together soon.  

Also, the original thread that descirbed his story is gone.  Did anyone save it?  I'd like a copy of it if someone has it.
Link Posted: 11/8/2001 5:34:47 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

... someone get Dominics wifes info to [b]Waverunner[/b]!!!
View Quote

I just e-mailed her.

If ANYONE here personally knows the family, please drop me an e-mail.

Thanks!

Link Posted: 11/8/2001 5:39:26 PM EDT
[#20]
I am in for a 100.00 also.  Let me know the details.
Link Posted: 11/8/2001 5:41:33 PM EDT
[#21]
This situation is making me sick to my stomach, if I have followed the whole story correctly.
I never ever send money to stangers like this but, if oneshot needs some for a lawyer add me in. I second a motion for a fund if his family will allow it.
Link Posted: 11/8/2001 5:45:35 PM EDT
[#22]
Link Posted: 11/8/2001 5:51:11 PM EDT
[#23]
I understand the need for money. following the three strings is a little confusing can someone post the whole story? I understand he was arrested but what started this whole thing?
Link Posted: 11/8/2001 6:04:23 PM EDT
[#24]
Link Posted: 11/8/2001 6:20:47 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
Can somebody get me:

Ray
View Quote

Ray, I personally think you can do a great deal more than you might think. I hope someone get's the info to you. There is a slim chance you might be able to slow this thing down if not turn it around.

You are one of the cool ones. Good luck.
Link Posted: 11/8/2001 6:27:44 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
I understand the need for money. following the three strings is a little confusing can someone post the whole story? I understand he was arrested but what started this whole thing?
View Quote

I second this motion.
Link Posted: 11/8/2001 6:31:07 PM EDT
[#27]
I would like to help.  If a fund is set up let me know where to send my $100.

Unless he was brandishing an AR15 through the streets on Halloween (he says he wasn't and I believe him), this is UTTER AND COMPLETE CRAP!

This place really is a family....
Link Posted: 11/8/2001 6:31:44 PM EDT
[#28]
Jesus, that's scary as hell. That can be *any* one of us, just for having a rifle in the car.

EDITED TO SAY
please e-mail me where I can send some $ for the legal fund.
Link Posted: 11/8/2001 6:32:15 PM EDT
[#29]
I would really like to know what happened.  I find it hard to beleive that someone just seeing a rifle case could cause all these problem. If the weapon never left the case and wasn't loaded whats the charge? My best wishes.
Link Posted: 11/8/2001 6:35:30 PM EDT
[#30]
I'd definately be up for chipping in some cash.

But could somebody either post the original story or email me a copy? From what I've pieced together it sounds pretty fucked up, but I'd like to know the whole story.

Link Posted: 11/8/2001 6:42:49 PM EDT
[#31]
Man this has gone from bad to worse.  I sure hope he get's his name cleared.  It seems like the NRAILA should step in on this one.  Didn't he say he tried to get ahold of the NRA?
Link Posted: 11/8/2001 7:07:57 PM EDT
[#32]
Sounds like total BS.  If a rifle in a case is all it takes to get charged these days we are all in trouble.

Link Posted: 11/8/2001 7:14:20 PM EDT
[#33]
PRNY sucks. Hell, here in Florida we can carry loaded rifles on the seat beside us. Same goes for Texas, Louisiana, and Mississippi if I'm not mistaken. Alabama as long as it isn't loaded.

Loaded Handguns can be carried in the glove box or console, in Florida. Handguns in vehicles in Alabama must be unloaded. Mississippi, and Louisiana I believe allow Loaded Handguns anywhere in the vehicle. Louisiana considers a vehicle private property and exempt from many laws regarding Carrying a Firearm.
Link Posted: 11/8/2001 7:23:19 PM EDT
[#34]
Who is administering the fund?
Link Posted: 11/8/2001 7:34:45 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
Ray, I personally think you can do a great deal more than you might think. I hope someone get's the info to you. There is a slim chance you might be able to slow this thing down if not turn it around.

You are one of the cool ones. Good luck.
View Quote

If I'm not mistaken, once charges have been filed, the only people that can have them dropped is the DA's office.  However, waverunner might make a good witness.

God Bless Texas
Link Posted: 11/8/2001 7:40:32 PM EDT
[#36]
If anyone can get the case info, we should be able to get the NRA Civil Defense Fund guys involved.  They're purpose is to fight crap like this, but there's not much they'll be able to do without case information.

God Bless Texas
Link Posted: 11/8/2001 7:43:05 PM EDT
[#37]
Link Posted: 11/8/2001 8:35:08 PM EDT
[#38]
I'm in to help. Let me know where to send the money. Anything to help Oneshot and his family overcome this terrible injustice. I hope to God that this does not appen to anyone else on this board.
Link Posted: 11/8/2001 9:08:52 PM EDT
[#39]
I don't know yet for how much, but I'm willing to help out for at least $50 - probably more lik $100 - just tell me where to send it
Link Posted: 11/8/2001 9:22:20 PM EDT
[#40]
I'm in for some $$$

Can't say how much yet, But if I have to sell some mags I'll come up with it!

Best o' wish's to ya' oneshot1kill! Hang on, back-up is on it's way!
Link Posted: 11/8/2001 9:26:51 PM EDT
[#41]
Where is dominicks Family?? Not his close but his extended family??

Benjamin

Link Posted: 11/8/2001 9:44:32 PM EDT
[#42]
Anything New?  Someone update here...
Link Posted: 11/8/2001 9:56:00 PM EDT
[#43]
[b][red][size=4]
PLEASE Read this !!

[url]www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?id=68402[/url]

And PLEASE try to help this guy and his family out.

(we should really establish some formal type of fund for members in need --  regardless of the teasing and bickering that takes place here, we are all really just like one large family !)

[/b][/size=3][/red]
Link Posted: 11/8/2001 10:42:06 PM EDT
[#44]
Unfrigginbelievable!!!!

Can anyone confirm this was New Rochelle, NY. ?

He needs some good legal representation!

Those Nazi bastards!

Link Posted: 11/8/2001 11:05:11 PM EDT
[#45]
Yes he said it was New Rochelle and Westchester in a previous post and he is from there IIRC so Yes New Rochelle, NY .
Link Posted: 11/9/2001 1:51:43 AM EDT
[#46]
Link Posted: 11/9/2001 2:05:10 AM EDT
[#47]
I,ll send what I can as soon as the paypal deal gets straightend out. [:)>]
Link Posted: 11/9/2001 4:05:21 AM EDT
[#48]
Hey guys, the New Rochelle police have a web page, besides phone numbers etc, there is an online civilian complaint form, but I must strongly caution you that this can do more harm than good if mis-used. the url is:

http://www.nrpd.com/
Link Posted: 11/9/2001 4:34:18 AM EDT
[#49]
Hey guys, Grin and Anti have a Brothers in Arms fund on their web site at [url]https://www.castle-arms.com/secure.html[/url]. You might be able to donate money there, and then Grin or Anti could send the money to oneshot1kill. I've IM'd them about it. You don't have to buy anything else, just put in money for the Brothers in Arms fund.
Link Posted: 11/9/2001 7:13:17 AM EDT
[#50]
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top