Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 11/7/2001 6:28:29 PM EDT
It was in a wooded area in Preble Co. Ohio. A rather small doe, maybe 110lbs soaking wet.

Just got done processing the meat. I only ended up with about 30lbs but what I got looks real nice, should be excellent eating.

Now for the kicker, To take her I used a 1997 Chevy Silverado extended cab Z71 traveling at about 63 mph!!!!!

OOOOOPS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Damn I hit her hard. knocked the bejeesus out  of my front end too. Grill, bumper, RF fender, headlights, radiator support, maybe more. Got some damage to the once pristine interior when  A freshly filled 20oz coffee with sugar went sailing into the dash from between my legs when I did the sphincter pucker just before I blasted her.

All in all, a very enlightening experience. Guttin her was a real party since half her intestines were hanging out when I loaded her into the truck... YUK!

I hope to get another one out of my woods this season but I'm going to shoot the next one.
Link Posted: 11/7/2001 6:43:03 PM EDT
[#1]
Glad you are OK.  I have heard about seven stories of people hitting deer this year already.  My uncle hit one in Wisconsin three days ago, he was fine but did a number on his Saab that is working on 400K miles. Car still runs strong but has a new 'areo' package.  Good to hear you got some good meat out of it.  My uncle did not have a chance to dress his because it got up and ran into the woods after doing two complete flips in the air!  Hope your truck gets fixed up OK.  Good luck on shooting that next one.  
Link Posted: 11/7/2001 6:54:59 PM EDT
[#2]
Got one Thurs night. Taken down by an Explorer in front of my place. Did fair amount of damage to bumper, grill, and one headlight. Bout a 80-90 lb forked horn. Used a Taurus M85 with Santa Barbara JHP's to finish it.
Link Posted: 11/7/2001 6:57:32 PM EDT
[#3]
Hey...got my first deer of the season last night also!

[url]www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?id=67975[/url]

Glad that you are okay...vehicles can be replaced and fixed more easy than people.

Season opens here on Sat.  Can't wait to get some revenge on the population

medcop
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top