Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 11/7/2001 4:40:51 PM EDT
In todays Birmingham News (Wed. Nov. 7th) , page 10A , there was a story that I thought everyone might like to hear about if your local paper did not carry it.                                                                                                                                              Story Quoted as follows : " WASHINGTON - The nations governors this week will receive copies of a proposed law , drafted at the behest of the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention in Atlanta , that could give states immense new power to control their populations.  In the event of a bioterrorist attack , public health officials would be able to close roads and airports , herd people into stadiums , and if necessary , quarantine entire infected cities. "                                                                                        I personally am glad to hear that the Gov. is not waiting around till its to late to plan for the worst case , but am a little lerry about giving away to the Federal Gov. the power that this entails. Also that part about "herding people into stadiums" does not sound like anywhere I want to be.  
Link Posted: 11/7/2001 4:49:00 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 11/7/2001 5:01:52 PM EDT
[#2]
I passed through Bham a few weeks ago and it seemed there was a dumbass plague infecting the interstate. Man I pity those of you that have to brave that I59-I65 split everyday! YIKES! Ma deuce on the hood for sure.
Link Posted: 11/7/2001 5:10:20 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 11/7/2001 5:14:32 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 11/7/2001 5:21:00 PM EDT
[#5]
By admitting that you know what a blinker is you just told on yourself.

You are either,

a. a tourist.

b. adopted from a higher form of life than a native Alabamian. (mississippian maybe)

c. or don't really live in Aladambamma at all.

Which is it? ;)
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top