Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/4/2001 2:35:24 PM EDT
I keep seeing the group purchase thread. Can somebody fill me in as to what that is?

matt
Link Posted: 3/4/2001 3:10:21 PM EDT
[#1]
I don't know either.  
Who's gonna tell us?
Link Posted: 3/4/2001 9:33:54 PM EDT
[#2]
Snipped from the yes thread

Just thought I would post to clear up the situation for some of those who came into this late. The situation is that there is going to be 1 configuration ordered. The preferences stated were not what type of rifle each was ordering, but rather to get an idea of what the most popular configuration would be.

The reason behind 1 configuration came from the desire to make this a run of limited edition rifles. Along the same idea as the bushmaster Y2k rifle. This should add value to the final product as opposed to a run of rifles in multiple configurations.

It looks like M4 has been the most popular choice. A proposal was submitted to Bushmaster for a run of guns all the same configuration with markings to identify them as a limited run for ar15.com they will also have special serial numbers for the rifles in this purchase.

From what has been hinted at already it apears that the quote we are all anxiously waiting on is for a M4A3 configuration without carry handle. That is all the detail I know so far from the ton of posts there have been on this topic. Right now the wait is for pricing info from Bushmaster. There is also a quote coming from Rock River. All the info is supposed to be posted once the price is given by both   Manufacturers. Until then we anxiously wait to find out what configuration and markings will make the limited edition ar15.com rifles......

I hope this answers some questions and clears up some confusion. Reading the thread I got the impression that several people are thinking that there is going to a bunch of different configurations ordered. That is not how it has been presented so far.

**** I am not running this purchase or involved in any of its handling. I am just another member. I posted this info only to help catch others up on this ever increasing thread.*****

This addresses a couple of different questions but it should give you a general idea of what is happening.  Keep watching the board for final info from Mfgrs as to what price they are going to ask for the rifles.  And for info on ordering one if interested.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top