[url]http://www.kcstar.com/item/pages/home.pat,local/3acd1d2f.b05,.html[/url]
Link Posted: 11/6/2001 4:31:11 PM EDT
[#1]
very interesting read!

kinda scary too.

No_Expert
Link Posted: 11/6/2001 4:36:17 PM EDT
[#2]
Haha, it seems like they just wanted some fun toys to play with. Not that I blame them, that's a great idea!
Link Posted: 11/6/2001 4:44:56 PM EDT
[#3]
Duh, they just wanted to get class 3 weapons.  Do the words 'don't give dumbasses automatic weapons' mean anything?  I'd be pretty fucking scared to be on the range with these guys.

I don't live too far from there (in a MUCH bigger city) and the reserve cops do NOT carry MP5's, much less the REAL cops.  These guys should be prosecuted.
Link Posted: 11/6/2001 5:21:38 PM EDT
[#4]
Hmmmm.....mental note.

Save up to buy 200 acres of land. Petition to have it declared a town. Set up police force. Buy auto weapons at LE price for said police force. Have family and friend live in said town and arm them with said auto weapons.

That's the plan. [:D]
Link Posted: 11/6/2001 5:25:38 PM EDT
[#5]
good call LT!
Link Posted: 11/6/2001 8:15:56 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Duh, they just wanted to get class 3 weapons.  Do the words 'don't give dumbasses automatic weapons' mean anything?  I'd be pretty fucking scared to be on the range with these guys.

I don't live too far from there (in a MUCH bigger city) and the reserve cops do NOT carry MP5's, much less the REAL cops.  These guys should be prosecuted.
View Quote

I disagree.  They wanted MGs, they found a loop hole, and they exploited it.  Pretty ingenious if you ask me.  

Just because they wanted C3 without the pain in the ass most civies have to go through, does not necessarily make them 'dumbasses' or dangerous.

Only thing I don't get, is they live in MO, and C3 (MGs, SBRs, SBS) are legal.  So they could have gotten the goods (except the suppressor) in MO, but they would have had to pay 5 times as much...
Link Posted: 11/6/2001 8:51:43 PM EDT
[#7]
That Paper is firearms illiterate just like most media outlets.

1) Repeated References to Hi-Capacity Clips. Yet, not one of them owned a Garand.

2) Repeatedly said it was illegal for civies to own Machine Guns. Yet, with a $200 tax and an outrageously overpriced pricetag anybody in most free states that can buy a pistol can get an MG.

Outrageous was the statement by the Chief that Police can serve a drug warrant with a Pistol & SHotgun. Hey, buddy three words: NORTH HOLLYWOOD SHOOTOUT.

It is obvious that the Anti-Gun Politicians didn't want to properly arm their cops. It is just as clear these guys wanted to use these guns themselves. but, they registered to the Department. These guns can now never be owned by civies. They can't own them themselves even though they paid for them.

Also, the statement about Silencers being useless is garbage. Assume a man is gaurding a drug house and you take him out with a rifle, giving the guys inside a chance to shoot and escape. Shoot him with a supressed gun and voila the MFs don't see it coming. Same goes for Hostages.
Link Posted: 11/6/2001 9:30:16 PM EDT
[#8]
Also, the statement about Silencers being useless is garbage. Assume a man is gaurding a drug house and you take him out with a rifle, giving the guys inside a chance to shoot and escape. Shoot him with a supressed gun and voila the MFs don't see it coming. Same goes for Hostages.
View Quote

All police weapons (whenever technically possible) [b]should[/b] have silencers.

Has nothing to do with tactics. If I were a cop I would want to finish my career with my hearing intact!!  Not to mention the threat of medical early retirement due to hearing loss. Especially if I was in a department issuing .223's

Link Posted: 11/6/2001 9:56:33 PM EDT
[#9]

All police weapons (whenever technically possible) [b]should[/b] have silencers.

Has nothing to do with tactics. If I were a cop I would want to finish my career with my hearing intact!!  Not to mention the threat of medical early retirement due to hearing loss. Especially if I was in a department issuing .223's

[/quote] Wtf Why just police weapons? by your logic wouldnt the same apply to all weapons??
Link Posted: 11/6/2001 11:00:30 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

Quoted:

View Quote
Wtf Why just police weapons? by your logic wouldnt the same apply to all weapons??
View Quote

Simply because that was the topic of the thread I was quoting!

Some of the people here who are complaining of their hearing loss and tinnitus ought to hire a lawyer and file a class action suit against the Federal Government for hearing damage caused by restricting silencers.... If I get hearing damage from having to use my post-ban AR to defend myself, I will be suing them, for classifing a silencer as a flash hider and keeping them from being available on post 94' fire arms.
Link Posted: 11/6/2001 11:28:09 PM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 11/7/2001 4:59:35 AM EDT
[#12]
I would say this. If this is legit, and those who know them personally know, Train them to be full tactical officers, hell train them all the time and let them keep the rifles.  And publicise the hell out of the fact that they have full training and some usefull weapons.  That way they can keep their small sleepy little town small and sleepy tomorrow too. Because If I were a frickin drug dealer or whatever else, I wouldn't go near that town.

Benjamin

Link Posted: 11/7/2001 5:06:04 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Hmmmm.....mental note.

Save up to buy 200 acres of land. Petition to have it declared a town. Set up police force. Buy auto weapons at LE price for said police force. Have family and friend live in said town and arm them with said auto weapons.

That's the plan. [:D]
View Quote

B-b-b-but that would be government of the people, by the people, for the people.  We can't have that!  [>Q]
Link Posted: 11/7/2001 7:27:22 AM EDT
[#14]
LordTrade, seriously what is involved in incorporating your own town. I have thought about that before and wonder what it would take.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top