Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 11/6/2001 7:04:50 AM EDT
Just read in Guns & Ammo that S&W is licensing & cross licensing electronic ammo (Etronix), electronic safety (again, part of the Etronix system) and authorized-user technologies.
Told ya all months ago that Etronix is the first step in the authorized user/remote disablement technologies. How the cards are falling!
If you don't have enough "low-tech" guns for your grandchildren to stage a revolution, you might keep this in mind and buy an extra firearm every year just to put back in storage.
Link Posted: 11/7/2001 12:38:53 AM EDT
[#1]
The company which bought S&W, "Saf-T-Lock" or something similar to that, were the same company speaking out in favor of mandatory gun locks.

Their business is manufacturing the locks, you see.

By acquiring S&W, they're just out to integrate their business with a related product.  The politics will remain the same.  I'm sure we'll hear them loudly lobbying for mandatory lock laws again in the future.
Link Posted: 11/7/2001 2:23:09 AM EDT
[#2]
G&A also stated that S&W was bought out by another company and the new management is trying hard to get out of the agreement made with the federal government.

And I remember when G&A was one of the first to jump on the boycott S&W campaign.
Link Posted: 11/7/2001 3:13:21 AM EDT
[#3]
Screw S&W. They've lost their nerve.
Link Posted: 11/7/2001 3:59:13 AM EDT
[#4]
Who gives a shit about S&W? The only good things they make are revolvers, and why would anyone want a revolver when they can get a Glock?

Michael
Link Posted: 11/7/2001 4:32:21 AM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 11/7/2001 5:14:33 AM EDT
[#6]
revolver vs glock??

Let's see, that's kind of like comparing Lever action vs bolt action.  Each has a purpose, yet revolvers [b][i]never[/i][/b] jam.

sgtar15
Link Posted: 11/7/2001 5:41:02 AM EDT
[#7]
I have never seen a KBed S&W.

Cant say that about Glock. Funny how the Glock guys like to foget...
Link Posted: 11/7/2001 5:51:48 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Just read in Guns & Ammo that S&W is licensing & cross licensing electronic ammo (Etronix), electronic safety (again, part of the Etronix system) and authorized-user technologies.
Told ya all months ago that Etronix is the first step in the authorized user/remote disablement technologies. How the cards are falling!
If you don't have enough "low-tech" guns for your grandchildren to stage a revolution, you might keep this in mind and buy an extra firearm every year just to put back in storage.
View Quote

[left]There was a post about Illegal gun list the atf(whoever is keeping) now you go out and buy all the lowtech guns they still have serial numbers. when you fill that yellow form iam shure these forms are filed somewhere. Now iam shure that sence you live in Cal your more likley to be placed on one of these illegal gun owners list than i am, but iam shure that i'm on the federal list and has we just seen with
oneshot what the police can do when they are out
to get you period.[/left]
Link Posted: 11/7/2001 5:58:51 AM EDT
[#9]
re: jams and misc.

My Sig 229 NEVER, and I do mean NEVER, jams.

It holds ten rounds, revolvers ONLY hold six.

I own one revolver, just for fun.

Not a big fan of glock.

Far as I am concerned S&W can fall off the earth.

Oh, and re: Saf-T-Lock -

ANY business that advocates infringing my Constitutional rights JUST so they can sell a few of their products, can go to Hades.

Link Posted: 11/7/2001 5:59:18 AM EDT
[#10]
In case you guys forgot MR Ashcroft has already stated that the S&W agreement is null and void . If i remember correctly the interview took place a couple months before the NY attacks .
Link Posted: 11/7/2001 6:00:17 AM EDT
[#11]
Didnt the blurb in G&A also state that S&W is also making some recievers for Remington also?
They continue to sell forgings to Kimber and are also in a host of machinery related products.

Revolver vs Glock??? Is that a joke?
Next revolver I want is a 3 inch rimfire that will handle the rimmed 22`s. That way I could shoot 22 mag on down to CB caps. Could a Glock fill that role?
Would you go hunting with a 10mm Glock if you had a choice between that or a 629 Classic DX?
Accuracy?
No, the Glock has it`s place, but it has yet to equal a fine 1911.
Link Posted: 11/7/2001 6:02:25 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Who gives a shit about S&W? The only good things they make are revolvers, and why would anyone want a revolver when they can get a Glock?

Michael
View Quote

HA HA HA HA HA I"l take a revoler any day....
Link Posted: 11/7/2001 6:03:09 AM EDT
[#13]
**** PARANOIA ALAERT ******
Just had a thought about electronics and guns with them integrated . Did you know if you weapons depends on the electronics in it functioning before it can fire , it can be disabled with a high energy pulse (HERP) . Hmmm .... can you see where I'm going with this . Just a thought from a electronic tech .
Link Posted: 11/7/2001 6:34:53 AM EDT
[#14]
I would call that a "remote disablement technology". In fact, I did.
Link Posted: 11/7/2001 7:06:07 AM EDT
[#15]
Far as I am concerned S&W can fall off the earth.

Oh, and re: Saf-T-Lock -

ANY business that advocates infringing my Constitutional rights JUST so they can sell a few of their products, can go to Hades.
View Quote

Once again, G-man, we are in total agreement.

And while I like both, I have had revolvers jam.  High primers, busted pawls, like that.  My Kahr K9 has never jammed. My Browning .22 has.  Just can't make general statements like that.

Link Posted: 11/7/2001 7:20:22 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

Once again, G-man, we are in total agreement.

View Quote

SURELY the Apocalypse cannot be far off. [:D]

Seriously, I look at these claims that ALL semis jam just like people used to condemn automatic transmissions in cars.

There was a time auto trannys were suspect, but no longer. Tech has improved to where auto trannys are JUST as reliable as clutch jobs. MORE SO for those who are "clutch impaired drivers."

Same with autoloaders. Just about ANY of the Glock, Sig, Kimber, HK autoloaders WITH factory mags do NOT jam.

Revolvers are fun, but are old school SOLELY for the sake of being old school. Nostalgia is nice, but when I am defending my life, I want FIREPOWER. And LOTS of it.

Link Posted: 11/7/2001 7:28:31 AM EDT
[#17]
This must be in response
to the overwhelming
demand by gun owners
for such mandatory options right???

Did they ever ask
the gun buying public
to tell them
what it is they could
do to make things right again?

Nope.
Link Posted: 11/7/2001 7:33:41 AM EDT
[#18]
Ahhh, revolver vs. auto.

I'm a changed man, I like revo's these days.  The grips are nicer, and more easily customized.  

You can shoot downloaded cartridges without having to worry about cycling.  

The triggers on old S&W's are to die for.

A 686+ holds 7 rounds of .357, versus 10 rounds of .45 in a Glock 21 or 8 in a Sig P220.

With moonclips it's just as fast to reload as an auto, and less to worry about if they hit the ground.

[:D]
Link Posted: 11/7/2001 7:58:34 AM EDT
[#19]
Phase 1 Malfunction: Tap, Rack, Hopefully Bang!
Phase 2 Malfunction: Lock, Rip, Work, Tap,   Rack, Wishful Thinking Bang!
Phase 3 Malfunction: Lock, Rip, Pluck? Pluck with what?  Oh shit!!!!

Glocks Jamming?  No!  Say it isnt so.....

My Centennial 5 shot has never jammed.  If you buy a gun to use at the range for target shooting or impressing your friends, then buy anything that catches your eye with a pretty chrome finish.  If you wanna buy a trendy gun w/ a cool name, then buy a Glock.  If you are only going to need the gun once in your lifetime to SAVE your life, then get a 5-shot revolver.  Its smaller and less boxy, easier to conceal.  Need more than 5- shots?  Keep a speedloader in your pocket.

Go ahead Glock owners, flame away.......cant hide from the truth
Link Posted: 11/7/2001 8:01:09 AM EDT
[#20]
I hear alot of revolver guys banging on Glocks..

That's fine - I don't really care for the Glocks.

Hey revolver guys -

Whadda ya say about OTHER autoloaders like Sig, Kimber and kahr? Many testimonials have said theirs NEVER jam.

Link Posted: 11/7/2001 8:14:28 AM EDT
[#21]
Garandman, I own a sig (10 years?) and I have had a Kahr K9 for 4 years.......Not a single misfire, ever.  Two great guns.  I used to carry the K-9, but its a little heavy and a little boxy, kinda stabs you in the nads when you wear it in a waistband holsterb and sit down in a car.

I am by no means a revolver advocate.  I never cared for them except as a backup or off-duty weapon.  However, I work for a large police department (40,000 members) and the problems that we have with Glocks is frightening.  The department continues to issue a gun that can get you killed because it only goes bang once, then click way too often.

Im sure that there are many happy Glock owners out there who have never had a problem with their plastic gun.  Thats a gun that probably isnt carried on an external gunbelt, exposed to the elements.  You are talking about just one Glock.  Now take a larger pool, like a dept w/ 15,000 - 20,000 Glocks, now you get a better idea of what the guns problems are.

Link Posted: 11/7/2001 8:22:33 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
View Quote

Probably like a 'kleenex' or 'coke' thing, brand name association...

Hey revolver guys -

Whadda ya say about OTHER autoloaders like Sig, Kimber and kahr? Many testimonials have said theirs NEVER jam.
View Quote

No major complaint's with Sig, don't really care for the looks and they're kinda pricey.

Kimber's - if I could afford one, I'd have one.

Kahr's - don't really have a use for one at the moment. (I know I know, since when did _that_ ever matter [:D])

Link Posted: 11/7/2001 8:23:30 AM EDT
[#23]
Hunduh -

My beef with Glocks are the triggers. They are like a friggin IQ test.

ALl the Glock guys say "With practice, you'll learn how to use them."

Which is kinda like a builder for your new house saying "I put these new fangled door knobs on the doors of your house. With a little practice, you'll learn how to use them."

I DON'T WANT to LEARN how to use a trigger. I ALREADY know how. And when I'm defending my life, I want what works naturally. NOT something I have to "learn" how to use.

Link Posted: 11/7/2001 8:26:59 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
No major complaint's with Sig, don't really care for the looks and they're kinda pricey.

Kimber's - if I could afford one, I'd have one.

Kahr's - don't really have a use for one at the moment. (I know I know, since when did _that_ ever matter [:D])

View Quote

preferences are a funny thing.

I'd say the same thing about the Glocks. UGLY guns.

I'd like to get a Kimber one day also. Sweet.

Link Posted: 11/7/2001 8:31:20 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
My beef with Glocks are the triggers. They are like a friggin IQ test.
View Quote

Mine too, that long creep and then the *sproing* drove me nuts, successive shots were better with just the *sproing* after letting the trigger rest.
Link Posted: 11/7/2001 8:36:46 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
Garandman, I own a sig (10 years?) and I have had a Kahr K9 for 4 years.......Not a single misfire, ever.  Two great guns.  I used to carry the K-9, but its a little heavy and a little boxy, kinda stabs you in the nads when you wear it in a waistband holsterb and sit down in a car.

I am by no means a revolver advocate.  I never cared for them except as a backup or off-duty weapon.  However, I work for a large police department (40,000 members) and the problems that we have with Glocks is frightening.  The department continues to issue a gun that can get you killed because it only goes bang once, then click way too often.

Im sure that there are many happy Glock owners out there who have never had a problem with their plastic gun.  Thats a gun that probably isnt carried on an external gunbelt, exposed to the elements.  You are talking about just one Glock.  Now take a larger pool, like a dept w/ 15,000 - 20,000 Glocks, now you get a better idea of what the guns problems are.

View Quote

Hey Hunduh...I carry a S&W 5946 as a duty weapon and GET THIS... a GLOCK 26 for a backup!?!?!? Weird right? Now if I could only get the AR15 into a pancake holster...
Link Posted: 11/7/2001 8:38:43 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

That's fine - I don't really care for the Glocks.

Hey revolver guys -

View Quote

I have only fired one Sig. It was a nice piece.

My model 910 has never malfuntioned. I have going on 1600 rounds through it.

My 629 has never jammed either [bounce]
Link Posted: 11/7/2001 8:48:12 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
revolver vs glock??

Let's see, that's kind of like comparing Lever action vs bolt action.  Each has a purpose, yet revolvers [b][i]never[/i][/b] jam.

sgtar15
View Quote

Ihad a colt Trooper in .357 jam once. the cylinder wasloose and it wouldn't rotate.

Never say Never. Revolvers are good, Glocks are better, HK's are the best.

Guncrazy223
Link Posted: 11/7/2001 3:26:27 PM EDT
[#29]
[/quote]

Hey Hunduh...I carry a S&W 5946 as a duty weapon and GET THIS... a GLOCK 26 for a backup!?!?!? Weird right? Now if I could only get the AR15 into a pancake holster...[/quote]

EEEEWWWWWW!!!!!  you carry a Glock?  We cant be friends anymore....go away....

just kiddin.....I carry the S+W as my duty gun too.  Let me ask you something though.  Your class is only qualified to carry one of the new off duty 9's.  What if you were given the option to go to the revolver for the off duty, would you take it?  Just curious.
Link Posted: 11/7/2001 5:04:01 PM EDT
[#30]
S&?

Never heard of them!
They might have been that company that publicly screwed its customer base.

I say "F#ck Them"
Plenty of other gun companies out there that deserve our business.
Link Posted: 11/7/2001 5:31:37 PM EDT
[#31]
You got chocolate in my peanut butter!!

Link Posted: 11/7/2001 5:32:24 PM EDT
[#32]
[size=4][b]^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^[/b][/size=4]

No... You got peanut butter in my chocolate!!!
Link Posted: 11/7/2001 5:33:17 PM EDT
[#33]
[url]http://www.safthammer.com/press_release.htm[/url]

FITTER out
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top