Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/4/2001 12:45:58 PM EDT
I know it's not that uncommon to see anti propaganda in Hollywood films. Maybe an NRA poster with a circle and a bar through it in the background, or something like that. It's all fairly sickening.

I have never actually seen an ENTIRE film devoted to the "evils" of the gun, until last night. My girlfriend rented a film called "It's All The Rage", which by the way, had no mention on the box about it's anti theme.

This movie covers the lives of several people....a billionare high-tech tycoon, a small time crook, an upper-middle class business man and a gay couple living together. The common ground between all the characters is that, at some point, a firearm is introduced in to their lives. In each and every case, the firearm ends up being used irresponsibly and someone who didn't deserve it, dies violently.

This movie is grotesque. Most of the guns in the movie were legally purchased by "normal" people. It clearly shows the "transformation" that occures when someone buys a gun. They ALL end up killing someone.

This film is so over the top, and incredible in it's self-rightious ignorance I still can't believe it.

Has anyone seen a film devoted to the anti cause to this extent?

Link Posted: 3/4/2001 12:55:23 PM EDT
[#1]
Nope. Don't care to either.
Link Posted: 3/4/2001 1:06:37 PM EDT
[#2]
There you are!
It's what they have been saying for years;
people don't kill people, guns kill people.
I wish they would make a movie about a gun
that would parallel the movie they made about
the killer car Christine.
Link Posted: 3/4/2001 1:06:42 PM EDT
[#3]
"My girlfriend rented a film"

Did you remember to "Be Kind, And Rewind...?"

[;D]

Link Posted: 3/4/2001 1:10:58 PM EDT
[#4]
I hope you used it as an educational experience.

Ask her questions like [i]"do you think it's realistic that just buying a gun would lead that person to commit homicide like they showed in the movie?"[/i]
Link Posted: 3/4/2001 1:13:37 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
"My girlfriend rented a film"

Did you remember to "Be Kind, And Rewind...?"

[;D]

View Quote

I have a VERY strong magnet that just might make its way to sitting on top of the video for a while before I return it.
Link Posted: 3/4/2001 1:19:30 PM EDT
[#6]
The message in this movie was very clear. No matter who you are, no matter how much or how little money you have, no matter what color or gender you are, no matter how old or what part of society you come from, no matter what your character is like.....if you buy or own a gun, you WILL kill someone, and most certainly someone who has done nothing wrong.

Link Posted: 3/4/2001 1:22:04 PM EDT
[#7]
What you describe sounds much like the very old film [i]Reefer Madness[/i], a propaganda film in which the focus is on how "normal" people become completely transformed after using pot.
I'm opposed to drug use and spent the better part of my latter LEO career as a narcotics officer......but damn this thing is now laughable. Hopefully in a few years this piece of trash will have a cult following as a joke such as [i]Reefer Madness[/i] and [i]Night of the Living Dead[/i] to horror fans now days
Link Posted: 3/31/2001 8:58:14 PM EDT
[#8]
Actual statistics in Colorado. 1 big game hunter was killed, shot by his own gun. 5 small game/bird hunters were shot by guns this season, none died. Consider how many people hunt, those statistics are amazingly low.
Meanwhile, eight skiers, a new record have died on the slopes, and hundreds more injured.
Which is more dangerous to America?

The funny thing is anti-gun Hollywood probably is the best advertizing the gun industry has ever had.

Link Posted: 4/1/2001 9:45:00 AM EDT
[#9]
more people get killed and injured in any one common sport( baseball, football, bicycleing, golf,yes golf, ect...)than all hunting and target shooting.
Link Posted: 4/1/2001 9:49:58 AM EDT
[#10]
Makes me wonder how come the movie "The Patriot" got no academy award nominations....whorly wood
Link Posted: 4/1/2001 9:54:48 AM EDT
[#11]
Love the magnet idea, M4. It is amazing how many deaths are caused by common things; ie- driving, riding a bicycle, slipping in the bathtub, etc. Nobody is screaming about banning cars or bathtubs! [:D] Milldude
Link Posted: 4/1/2001 9:55:30 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
There you are!
It's what they have been saying for years;
people don't kill people, guns kill people.
I wish they would make a movie about a gun
that would parallel the movie they made about
the killer car Christine.
View Quote

And maybe a movie about the guns that won our freedom and that forced tyrants out of our country......
Link Posted: 4/1/2001 10:13:23 AM EDT
[#13]
If the NRA were to spend the money they spend asking for more money...on a PRO-GUN movie, I might feel the need to send them more money!
Link Posted: 4/1/2001 10:16:15 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
If the NRA were to spend the money they spend asking for more money...on a PRO-GUN movie, I might feel the need to send them more money!
View Quote
Thats the best idea I've heard in a long time![:D] Milldude
Link Posted: 4/1/2001 12:57:45 PM EDT
[#15]
Everytime I buy a new gun, my wife (she is a jewish liberal but not anti... she goes sometime with me to shoot with my cCZ carbine and expressed the will to shoot with my P99...) use to say: "The gun that is showed in the first act, must shoot in the last one..."
And I reply always: "It sounds stupid, don't you agree? It is like you say that the car showed in the first act will have an accident in the last act..."
Link Posted: 4/1/2001 2:18:17 PM EDT
[#16]
I thought it was BS about falling in the bathtub and people getting killed from that. Guess what about 8 months ago I fell in the tub. I am a young guy. I just slipped. BOOM. I thank god I did not get hurt. I knew for a few days that I went BOOM but no lasting affects.
Link Posted: 4/1/2001 2:19:32 PM EDT
[#17]
I forgot to say if I had one of my guns in the shower I would have added to the statistics that it was the guns fault.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top