Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/23/2001 2:10:38 AM EDT
Good morning Ed-

Many of us would like to know what needs to be done to regain access to the old forums.  If it is a financial issue such as buying a new server, I (as well as others I'm sure) would be willing to make a contribution to buy the equipment to get them up and running again.  If we are going to now make the switch to these forums, I would hope an archive of the old forums would somehow be available for all the information they contain.  If you are unable to maintain a server for them, even in an archived state, how about making the archive available to members on CD-ROM.  I would again be willing to pay a reasonable amount for such a CD or CDs.  Your thoughts?
Link Posted: 1/23/2001 5:02:19 AM EDT
[#1]
I second Blackmore's thoughts. To have access to the old forum or if it hardwardware issues let us know...

You have our email addresses let us know.....

Best regards,
Dan
Link Posted: 1/23/2001 5:15:06 AM EDT
[#2]
The old forum is still there.  If you happened to bookmark any page, the bookmark is still accessable.  I was able to view most of the old forum up to Jan 02 just by building my own URL line.  

What seems to be broken are the CGI scripts that build the topic pages, allowing searching, posting, etc.  

Hopefully they can bring it back, there's a wealth of information there I'd hate to loose.[:(]

Link Posted: 1/23/2001 5:27:27 AM EDT
[#3]
Amen to that! There is too much info there to simply lose! We gotta get it back!  
Link Posted: 1/23/2001 6:02:57 AM EDT
[#4]
I totally agree with these guys.  Although this site seems decent, the old site has far too much "archive" information to lose.

If it is a server/money issue, I'd pitch in to help.
Link Posted: 1/23/2001 6:17:02 AM EDT
[#5]
Not only that there is no For Sale section, No small caliber section, no dealer section and no KurtsKustoms section.
Link Posted: 1/23/2001 6:37:42 AM EDT
[#6]
http://www.ar15.com:1111/forums/forum.html?id=44

Kurt/KKF
Link Posted: 1/23/2001 6:40:56 AM EDT
[#7]
Anyone notice that there have been no posts from Ed to this board?  Anyone have an update as to what is going on?

charles
Link Posted: 1/23/2001 9:03:22 AM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 1/23/2001 10:24:11 AM EDT
[#9]
The software database broke.  Give them time to fix it.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top