Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 11/5/2001 4:38:55 AM EDT
Anybody playing this? I've seen the website and read the stuff, but I want to hear from some people who are actively playing it. Is it all that it's hyped up to be? Does it run smoothly? Let me know what ya'll think.

Michael
Link Posted: 11/5/2001 7:41:00 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 11/5/2001 7:56:17 AM EDT
[#2]
I too had high hopes for this game, and all the stuff I have been hearing is that it is a waste of money.  Sucks
Link Posted: 11/5/2001 8:16:51 AM EDT
[#3]
It's not absolute crap.  It does have more than it's fair share of problems.  It is not Quake.  It is an attempt at a combined arms game.  It is playable now, but frustrating as hell most of the time.  You will need allot of horsepower (1 gig cpu or better) and at least 512 meg of ram.  I like the game.  You will need at least a Geforce 2 video card with at least 32 meg of video memory, 64 meg is preferrable.  The game is a resource hog.  There are about 1400 players at peek times.  IT is a good idea for a game but a poor attempt at it.  The game has the potential to be the best game out there, but it has a ways to go.  Bottom line, the game is playable now, it meets the expectations of what the box says, and it is a resource hog.  If you don't have a modern computer with the above specs, don't waste your time.
Link Posted: 11/5/2001 10:15:51 AM EDT
[#4]
I know a few people that play WW2 Online and it is a mix of good and bad. The bad has been fixed for the most part. It was really buggy when it first came out, they released it way too early. Buggy to the point that it was almost unplayable. And you have to pay a monthly fee to keep playing like Ultima Online. Although, they have not been charging anything so far.

The good points are the amount of people in the game. About a thousand, unheard of in multiplayer games. And the action is more realistic than the typical shooters. It takes several minutes to reach the front lines, you don't just spawn in the middle of the action. More sim than smash and blast. The vehicles are very realistic and require a lot of practice to use.

There is demo out for Wolfenstein that I just can't stop playing, it is so damn fun. And later next year there is another WW2 game called Battlefield 1942. This one should be awesome. From the makers of Codename Eagle, it includes all of the axis and allied battlefields. From Normandy to N Africa to Russia to Guadal Canal.
Link Posted: 11/5/2001 7:08:05 PM EDT
[#5]
Get Operation Flashpoint instead.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top