Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 11/4/2001 10:05:17 PM EDT
Next March our county will elect a new sheriff. The incumbant is retiring. One of the canidates is Sgt Larry Hennick, local guy with 27 years in the department. He is very pro gun, NRA life member (A rated by them) and a member at the local gun club. He has the endorsement of the deputies and many state LEO agencies. He is [b]PRO CCW![/b] While it has not been too bad trying to get a CCW here, he will make it easier. I have met him and heard him speak and he would be very good for our county in general and gun owners specifically.

"[i]Although the NRA Council was interested in his ideas on law enforcement, a council member did ask what Hennick thought about residents of
the county obtaining permits to carry concealed weapons.  “I’d like to see it become a bit easier for law abiding citizens to have CCW permits,” said Hennick. “The mere presence of weaponry deters crime,” he added[/i]."

The problem is that Sgt Hennick is NOT the favorite to win because the Undersheriff is the incumbant's favored son (so to speak), and Sgt Hennick does not have the funding the other guy does. Sgt Hennick is endorsed by many past sheriffs, including a former 4 term holder I shoot with who is very pro CCW and a very good man. He is also Sgt Hennicks campaign manager and thinks it very cool when I come to the Old Guys shoot with a bunch of my ARs [:)]

If you live in El Dorado County, California please vote for this guy next March 5. If you are not eligable to vote for him, and even if you are, visit his web site, click on the "How you can help" tab and make a donation to his campaign. California needs more pro gun sheriffs like Sgt Larry Hennick.
[url]http://www.larryhennick.com/[/url]

I would like to ask one of the moderators to please tack this up for awhile.

Link Posted: 11/4/2001 10:08:15 PM EDT
[#1]
Let's put this at the top so all the Cali guys see it.
Link Posted: 11/5/2001 1:52:17 PM EDT
[#2]
To bad the campaign only accepts snail mail donations.  They should set up an on-line payment method.

Hennick for Sheriff
P.O.Box 964
Placerville, CA. 95667
Link Posted: 11/5/2001 7:35:41 PM EDT
[#3]
Pthfndr:

Thanks for the info!  I'm a new resident of El Dorado County...live in Cool.

My $$ is heading his way.

Paul aka Oaf
Link Posted: 11/6/2001 11:45:27 AM EDT
[#4]
post this on free republics site...lots of readers overthere
Link Posted: 11/6/2001 4:12:01 PM EDT
[#5]
Whats up pathfinder??
    HAVEN'T SEEN YOU SINCE THE SHOOT LAST YEAR IN ION. I AGREE WITH YOU, WE NEED MORE COUNTIE MOUNTIES THAT ARE FOR LETTING PRIVATE CITIZENS DEFEND THEMSELVES WITH CCW'S. I'M PULLING FOR SGT. HENNICK
       LATER    TY
Link Posted: 11/6/2001 9:54:07 PM EDT
[#6]
Good luck, men. Remember there is always room for ya on this side of the line, if things get worse.
Link Posted: 11/7/2001 2:39:11 PM EDT
[#7]
Hey 11BC2
where in Cool do you live?
I used to live in Auburn Lake Trails, my dad still lives there.

loved it there, wish I still lived up there.
I'll forward this to my dad so he can vote.
Link Posted: 11/7/2001 4:42:31 PM EDT
[#8]
glock_lobster:

From Hwy 49 turn onto hwy 193.
Approx. .75 mi, to the right is Cherry Acres Road...I live off of this street.

Let me know if you're in the 'hood...we can go cruisin' in downtown Cool[8D].

Paul
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top