Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 11/4/2001 7:42:23 PM EDT
For anyone who is a veteran or under the age of 25, this isn't aimed at you.
    Ever since the attack at the WTC and Pentagon, I've have seen a large # of Flags.
On homes, people, bridges, vehicles, etc...
    Now I'm a veteran and I am totally patriotic and I love my country. ( it's the fricken gvt I hate. But I have a quandry about all the flag waving.
    I love seeing Ol'Glory flying in the wind, she flies 27-7-365 on my home. I have not put one on my truck or Harley. This is the problem.
    Where were all you so- called patriotic mother F@#% ers befor the attack. You were spitting on my brothers when they came back from Nam, You ignored them in Korea, Where were you during the Faulklands, Granada, Somila, Beruit, Panama, Bosnia, Iran-Contra, I could go on forever,There's a hell of a lot of them you don't know JACK-SH@! about.
    I had the HONOR of wearing a uniform in defense of my country!!! How about your dead ass? I see and hear alot of people saying they want to help, by giving money,blood,clothes,food
etc.... THAT IS NOT ENOUGH!!!! If you want to help, drag your sorry ass down to a recruiting station and put your ass on the line like I did and countless other vets did.
    Don't say your 100% behind our Country, wave the flag, (jumping on the bandwagon limp- dick mother fu@#ers) and do nothing else. Put you fricken ass where your big ass mouth is.
    Thanks for letting me vent. If you agree with me, cool. If not to fu@#en bad. I AM a veteran of the U.S. Submarine Force and a Natl Guardsman. I fU@#EN earned it.
    And to the fu@#en liberals and media fu@#s, stop taqlking about what terrorist could do. They're not that fu@#en smart. They haven't had an original thought. Everything that has happened since Sept 11, has been because you sh@#heads can't keep your big mouths shut. Want a fu@#en example??? Did Bin ladin come up with the idea to use a plane as a guided missile??? NO! That happened befor. Please shut the fu@# up. And one other thing, you and the general public doesn't need to know what the military is doing or HOW they're doiong it. If you want to know JOIN THE FU@#EN MILITARY!!! I guarentee you will have first hand knowledge.
               Ty  pissed
Link Posted: 11/4/2001 7:59:00 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 11/4/2001 8:03:19 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 11/4/2001 8:24:11 PM EDT
[#3]
I was so pissed at Doonsebury today. The flag burning liberals now claiming the flag again. I totally agree with the above comments, in months the majority of the Dems will go back to spitting on the Flag and those who serve under it.
Link Posted: 11/4/2001 8:25:55 PM EDT
[#4]
I will admit that I don't fly my flag 24/7

I do fly it on the pertaining Holidays.

It was great fun watching people running around like dumb a$$e$, trying to find one though! [:D]
Link Posted: 11/4/2001 9:14:58 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
    Ever since the attack at the WTC and Pentagon, I've have seen a large # of Flags.
On homes, people, bridges, vehicles, etc...
    Now I'm a veteran and I am totally patriotic and I love my country. ( it's the fricken gvt I hate. But I have a quandry about all the flag waving.
    I love seeing Ol'Glory flying in the wind, she flies 27-7-365 on my home. I have not put one on my truck or Harley. This is the problem.
    Where were all you so- called patriotic mother F@#% ers befor the attack. You were spitting on my brothers when they came back from Nam, You ignored them in Korea, Where were you during the Faulklands, Granada, Somila, Beruit, Panama, Bosnia, Iran-Contra, I could go on forever,There's a hell of a lot of them you don't know JACK-SH@! about.
    I had the HONOR of wearing a uniform in defense of my country!!! How about your dead ass? I see and hear alot of people saying they want to help, by giving money,blood,clothes,food
etc.... THAT IS NOT ENOUGH!!!! If you want to help, drag your sorry ass down to a recruiting station and put your ass on the line like I did and countless other vets did.
    Don't say your 100% behind our Country, wave the flag, (jumping on the bandwagon limp- dick mother fu@#ers) and do nothing else. Put you fricken ass where your big ass mouth is.
    Thanks for letting me vent. If you agree with me, cool. If not to fu@#en bad. I AM a veteran of the U.S. Submarine Force and a Natl Guardsman. I fU@#EN earned it.
    And to the fu@#en liberals and media fu@#s, stop taqlking about what terrorist could do. They're not that fu@#en smart. They haven't had an original thought. Everything that has happened since Sept 11, has been because you sh@#heads can't keep your big mouths shut. Want a fu@#en example??? Did Bin ladin come up with the idea to use a plane as a guided missile??? NO! That happened befor. Please shut the fu@# up. And one other thing, you and the general public doesn't need to know what the military is doing or HOW they're doiong it. If you want to know JOIN THE FU@#EN MILITARY!!! I guarentee you will have first hand knowledge.
               Ty  pissed

I see that a few people were interested enough to read this post, but the flaming liberal left is strangely quiet. Strange,but nice
View Quote
Link Posted: 11/4/2001 10:19:57 PM EDT
[#6]
wolfdentd, I feel exactly the same way that you feel. Anyone can be on the other side of the fence and talk all the shit they want, and fly their F@#%en flags. You people are the biggest bunch of F@#%en hypocrites there are beside all the hypocrite son of a bitches that use the church. All these F@#%en people just do not have a clue what we soldiers and Veterans have sacrificed in our lives or have survived through so that all these other people on the other side of the fence can sit on their fat-asses playing nintendo and talking liberal shit. If you so called patriotic people do not have the nuts to give yourself to the Military, then contribute your time and money at a VA hospital and show the Vets how much you appreciate what they have done for you and this country. The sad thing is that you selfish son of a bitches cannot even make this simple of a sacrifice in your lives. Patriotism, people think they know the meaning of this word. They do not have a clue.
Link Posted: 11/4/2001 11:18:56 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 11/5/2001 5:37:52 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
    Where were all you so- called patriotic mother F@#% ers befor the attack. You were spitting on my brothers when they came back from Nam, You ignored them in Korea, Where were you during the Faulklands, Granada...
View Quote

I was serving on a ship, off the coast of Grenada and Lebanon, and I was on watch when I heard about the Marines who were attacked with a truck bomb while they slept.
Link Posted: 11/5/2001 6:16:44 AM EDT
[#9]
Nam 67-68, TET oh baby. I volunteered for the Army and Nam. All of my friends were either going to Nam or had been their.  I didn't want to look into a mirror and see a big yellow bellied pussy standing their, so I enlisted.
Link Posted: 11/5/2001 7:04:23 AM EDT
[#10]
What pisses me off more is all the motherfuckers who diplay the flag improperly, most likely, backwards. I have been displaying the flag since the begining of my junior, right before I tried to enlist, and now everybody will see it, and think I'm like all the other assholes my age who put up a flag after the attacks, pisses me off when people think i'm participating in a FAD when it's my true beliefs. It's really bad here at college, full of whiny pillowbiting liberals.
Link Posted: 11/5/2001 7:49:09 AM EDT
[#11]
I think Vietnam Vets have plenty to be angry about but I don't think they should criticize me because I want to fly the flag.
When I go to my children's school and see a notice on the wall that says all children who don't want to participate in the PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE must bring a note from home, it makes me so angry.  If someone don't want to take the pledge then they should go back to under the rock that they came from.
Link Posted: 11/5/2001 8:02:28 AM EDT
[#12]
Not all of us had the opurtunities that you had to serve...that is the one thing I regret most.

BTW, welcome back to the board...we missed you.

sgtar15
Link Posted: 11/5/2001 8:10:50 AM EDT
[#13]
Under 25 and they get a free exemption from you telling them what a shithead they are?  What happens once one turns 25?

You don't have to wear a uniform to have Honor.

Link Posted: 11/5/2001 8:16:35 AM EDT
[#14]
Many folks have voiced mixed feelings over the torn and tatterd flag that flew over Yankee Statdium during the World Series. The flag was found in the rubble by the fireman and has also been used in several funerals of fallen brothers. Many well meaning individuals insist the flag should be burned, layed to rest so to speak, in keeping with "official" protocol established for flags that are damaged. These protocols are relatively modern. God forbid they had been in place during our Revolution. The flag we now honor as the one which inspired writing of The Star Spangled banner was written in response to the breath taking sight of Old Glory over Ft McHenry after the night's massive bombardment by the British. My own beliefs in this issue are this WTC Flag is as much a battle flag as the one flown over any battlefield. It should be repaired and put in a place of Honor. Perhaps a tour of the US, so all can touch it and feel the souls of those gone in the bombing. My two cents. To the banner of freedom, long may she fly.
Link Posted: 11/5/2001 8:17:21 AM EDT
[#15]
My father flew his flag every day, I fly my flag every day. It used to be, to get to my house itis theone wwith the flag.
I agree with you, except for the rants, but I understand why. I am glad that others finally got the wake up call.
Well doing the 70's I was ready to go to Nam, my number came up, but Nixon ended the war.
It hurt me because in the process of downsizing my desire to enlist was passed over, two times because I had a wife and son, and the order was no dependents.
Yet I harbor no ill will for it, and support my country. As for the dirty government, I was an honest cop tat made noise to get rid of some dirt ball cops, not all but some.
We all serve in our own capacity, Americans one and all
And I am the child of immigrant parents!
Link Posted: 11/5/2001 8:21:37 AM EDT
[#16]
I don't want a free exemption I am under 25 and I would have gone to war or done anything my country would ask of me with out a second thought in my mind.  I love my country and would die for it.  This was all before the 11th.  To think that some people categorize young people in a way that would make them seem to careless about our country is wrong.

To state I am also rather displeased with the fact that the day after the attack everyone became patriotic all the sudden.  It's like a fricken clothing trend that will eventually wear away except for those of us who are the true patriots.

That's my nickles worth.

R4M
[sniper]
Link Posted: 11/5/2001 8:25:46 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Under 25 and they get a free exemption from you telling them what a shithead they are?  What happens once one turns 25?

You don't have to wear a uniform to have Honor.

View Quote

The only reason I picked the age 25 is because is for the most part any one that young wasn't around during wartime. With the excaption if the "Storm". If it makes you happier I'll lower the age to 17. That way it counts any one of enlistment age. And sgtar15 called me to let me know there were medical reasons some couldn't serve, BUT THEY STILL FU@#EN TRIED.
                  Ty
Link Posted: 11/5/2001 8:44:16 AM EDT
[#18]
THAT IS NOT ENOUGH!!!! If you want to help, drag your sorry ass down to a recruiting station and put your ass on the line like I did and countless other vets did.
View Quote

I bet the recruiters would be thrilled to have a bunch of 250 pound, 40 year old soccer moms crowding through their doors. [:D]
Link Posted: 11/5/2001 8:51:56 AM EDT
[#19]
Link Posted: 11/5/2001 9:29:11 AM EDT
[#20]
Well, I thought I had gotten this out of my system, but I guess not.
    Something else that chaps my ass is, it took the deaths of civilians to ralley everybody around the flag. Well how about all my brothers deaths in Wars, police actions?, conflicts, humanitarian aid, and routine patrols?? Don't they matter?
    Yea, we chose this way of life, cause if we didn't fight for our freedom, then your air-breathing, food eating, sanitary filling, rack using, dink-puke-nonqual-no load worthless piece of whale shit nub ass, wouldn't have your freedom.
    Maybe it's out of my system now. NAH, I feel to passionate about this.
                  Ty
Link Posted: 11/5/2001 9:54:46 AM EDT
[#21]
With the exception of Pearl and the sept 11 attack, every conflict has been THEIRS and in their back yard. But quess what, we send our people over there to clean up their pile of shit. Seems most of the time we're every country"s best friend when they need something. Until we don't play their game anymore. Then we're the terrible Zionist, Capitolist, Infidels, that list too could go on forever.
                      Ty
Link Posted: 11/5/2001 10:16:21 AM EDT
[#22]
Some worthles PO@#$&%^*S stole my Flag last night, I have been flying that Flag since I bought this house in 92. 24/7 since Sept 11, took it in every night before then. Damn I am pissed!!!!

SFC(ret) Rew E. Williams  
Link Posted: 11/5/2001 10:25:30 AM EDT
[#23]
Link Posted: 11/5/2001 10:28:37 AM EDT
[#24]
WWoodworth, good stuff.

wolfdentd, Can you please show me where in the US CONSTITUTION it says one must serve in the US Armed Forces?  I must have missed reading about it.

Link Posted: 11/5/2001 10:39:11 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
Well, I thought I had gotten this out of my system, but I guess not.
    Something else that chaps my ass is, it took the deaths of civilians to ralley everybody around the flag. Well how about all my brothers deaths in Wars, police actions?, conflicts, humanitarian aid, and routine patrols?? Don't they matter?
    Yea, we chose this way of life, cause if we didn't fight for our freedom, then your air-breathing, food eating, sanitary filling, rack using, dink-puke-nonqual-no load worthless piece of whale shit nub ass, wouldn't have your freedom.
    Maybe it's out of my system now. NAH, I feel to passionate about this.
                  Ty
View Quote

OK, I was pretty much on your side up to when you posted this.  What, exactly, do you want?  If people fly the flag, it apparently pisses you off.  I'll venture that it would piss you off for people not to fly the flag, too.  You're pissed off because you volunteered and others didn't; so now what exactly is it that you want from those who didn't volunteer?  Before you unload a stream of invective on me, I tried repeatedly to enter the Marines and Army and was turned down because my hearing didn't meet standards for enlistment.  I managed to get in the NG, because in those days (1980) you could get in with a physical from a local doctor.  At the end of my term of enlistment, I was turned down for reenlistment because my hearing had deteriorated enough to make me ineligible for retention.  In any case, I don't have a military record to match yours, but I went to great lengths to do what I could.  So, just what is it that would make you become less angry than you are?
Link Posted: 11/5/2001 1:00:42 PM EDT
[#26]
I had some thoughts on this recently.

You can find them here:

[url]http://www.keepandbeararms.com/information/XcIBViewItem.asp?ID=2791[/url]

peace!
Link Posted: 11/6/2001 12:22:01 AM EDT
[#27]
The "thing" that I am so angry about is the jump on the band wagon type of people. Just how long do you think the majority of the american public are going to be "patriotic" by flying the flag on their vehicles, homes, buildings, etc...? If your going to be something, be it 100% of the time, not just till the next "FAD" comes around. And yes, even if you can't handle being told what to do. I personally think it is the responsibility of every ABLED body to serve at least 2 years defending their OWN freedom. Or is that to much to ask for freedom?
Link Posted: 11/6/2001 2:33:24 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
The "thing" that I am so angry about is the jump on the band wagon type of people. Just how long do you think the majority of the american public are going to be "patriotic" by flying the flag on their vehicles, homes, buildings, etc...? If your going to be something, be it 100% of the time, not just till the next "FAD" comes around. And yes, even if you can't handle being told what to do. I personally think it is the responsibility of every ABLED body to serve at least 2 years defending their OWN freedom. Or is that to much to ask for freedom?
View Quote

Saving the return of conscription, yes, it is.  If others not living up to your personal standards of patriotism is going to upset you, then you'd better prepare to spend your life as an angry, bitter person.  If you are content with what you did for your country, then that should be enough for you.  You claim you enlisted to protect freedom.  Was that the freedom for everybody to be like you or the freedom for everybody to live their lives as they see fit?
Link Posted: 11/6/2001 1:03:20 PM EDT
[#29]
Seems I ended up hitting a nerve. Well, for those of you who think it's the other guys job to protect your freedom. Who's going to do the job if a lot of people feel that way. Who is going to defend YOUR right to keep and bear arms. Is it NOW your turn to step up to the plate and make personal sacrifices???? Or is it still the other guys job???
               Ty
By the way last time I checked there were more then 2 amendments to the constitution. and speaking of which I do believe it says somewhere in there about a well regulated militia to guarentee the safety of the people from enemiesforeign and domestic. Does that just count the OTHER guy too??????
Link Posted: 11/6/2001 1:47:55 PM EDT
[#30]
Link Posted: 11/6/2001 4:06:24 PM EDT
[#31]
Okay, people here goes,
    Every thing that I have said here has not been aimed at any peticular individual. I'm speaking to you wwoodworth. If anything pertains to you take it and run if not ignore it.
     Freedom to live thwe way you want. BUT also being willing to defend your liberties, beliefs, and any other word you want to put in there. Don't make someone else responsible for you to live the way you want.
    If I arrested you for sexually molesting a child, should I let you go, cause it was your freedom I was infringing on?? Hell no, If there was any way I knew I could get away with it. I would shoot you like a rabid dog. Should I be allowed that freedom???
    How about taking responsibility for your own freedoms.
Link Posted: 11/6/2001 5:50:43 PM EDT
[#32]

first, i think you're young, impetuous, and full of hot air.  fairly certain on the last two, the first is definitely debatable.

second, let's turn this around on you.  what or who gives YOU the right to question others' patriotism?  you claim that right based solely on your participation in the armed forces.  whoopdyshit.  newsflash:  that hardly qualifies you to pass judgement.  

you're probably the type of person that doesn't believe that women should serve in the military.  so just how in the world am I supposed to show my patriotism if in your eyes the only appropriate way is through service?

while i'm concerned at this "new" patriotism exhibited by soccer moms and others, i'll embrace it because i know it comes from a love of country (we interupt this diatribe for a second newsflash:  patriotism = love of country, so yeah, these soccer moms are patriots).  i think "new" is really a misnomer anyway.  "reborn" or "awakened" would probably be more appropriate.  i would be so much more concerned had the response to Sept. 11th been one of apathy.  or worse, an overwhelming sentiment of the American people that we got what we deserved.  piss on them all you want, but they're still U.S. citizens.  i no more question their patriotism than i question my inherent rights to keep and bear arms.  

you obviously do not understand that patriotism is not defined by actions alone.  any dumbass can stand up before the flag and recite the Pledge of Allegiance, sing the national anthem, or hell, even repeat the Declaration of Independence, Constitution, and Bill of Rights word for word and it doesn't amount to a hill of beans.  guess what!  a member of the Taliban could do that.  would you consider him to be a patriot of the U.S.?  i think not.  patriotism is defined by what's in the heart.  what motivates the actions is the true essence of patriotism.  it most certainly is not putting time in the armed forces.  it most certainly is not flying the flag 24/7.  and it most certainly is not pissing on other Americans because they aren't doing what [i]you[/i] would prefer they do.

i read a letter-to-the-editor today from a former anti-gunner who wrote:
After the terrorist attacks I've been rethinking gun possession.  Long a staunch anti-gun supporter, I'm preparing to buy a handgun and get the training necessary to legally conceal it.... Teachers, business people, and yes, physicians with weapons could help curtail the excessive carnage potential of a single madman with a gun, or a box cutter for that matter.  A few stories of thwarted terror attacks by armed citizens might change the mindset of the lawless who perpetrate such acts." --Mark L. Helm, M.D., in the Wall Street Journal
View Quote

would you piss on this guy because he wasn't on our side to begin with and risk alienating another supporter of our Constitutional rights by your silly and illogical rants?  or would you embrace this man and welcome him into the fold, all the while opening his eyes to the history of the U.S.?  this guy is our ally.  and he knows people.  would you risk losing all of them because they don't fit [i]your[/i] mold of the perfect U.S. citizen?

i don't like the fact that it took something like Sept. 11th to awaken a lot of these people.  but what did you think it would take? a polite knock on the door?  a direct mail effort?  these people were always supporters of America.  i'm sorry that this point is missed.
Link Posted: 11/6/2001 7:42:22 PM EDT
[#33]
First of all I don't piss on somebody because he/she has a different point of view. What I will do is voice my view. That is one of the freedoms I defended in the past and still do today.
     Second, I have absolutely no problem with women in the military. It just goes to show some women have bigger balls then alot of men.
    I also have no problems with gays in the military, in fact I'd rather have some homosexual that thinks I have a nice ass behind me protecting it, then someone who thinks serving their country is someone elses job.
    What I say or what you say doesn't make either of us "right" it just means we see things differently. I don't have to try and convert you to my way of thinking, if that was the case, we might as well have a dictatorship.
    No thanks.        Ty
Link Posted: 11/6/2001 8:38:29 PM EDT
[#34]
[size=4][b]MAN!!!  IT JUST SUCKS TO BE YOU WOLFDENTD WHEN THE BRONCO LOSE TO THE RAIDERS HUH BUDDY?

I give them my special double [-!-!-][-!-!-]to the Broncos.....AHAHAHAHAHAH[/b][/size=4]

Sgtar15

Link Posted: 11/6/2001 9:06:25 PM EDT
[#35]
WWWWHHHHHHAAAAAAASSSS  UUUUUPPPPPP!!!
    BLOW ME!! aFTER 5 YEAR OF LOSING TO THE BRONCOS AT MILE HIGH aND IN YOUR OWN BACK YARD, IT'S ABOUT TIME THE OAK-ANGELES TRAITORS WON 1.
    SEEMS LIKE A STIRED UP A HORNETS NEST. CALL ME WHEN YOU GET THE CHANCE.
        LATER   TY
Link Posted: 11/7/2001 4:09:38 AM EDT
[#36]
Ty,
You're a horse's a$$.  A well-meaning horse's a$$, but a horse's a$$ nonetheless.
Link Posted: 11/7/2001 4:39:20 AM EDT
[#37]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top