Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 11/4/2001 5:20:40 PM EDT
Nh looks really nice, but I would like info from residents. Wife said if we can move there, she would go. This is a breakthrough as she has been resisitant to moving. Any help would be appreciated. Info on jobs, areas, costs and expectancies. Thanks everyone.
Link Posted: 11/4/2001 5:31:28 PM EDT
[#1]
Depends on what you are looking for: no state income taxes, can own full auto, no stupid ag regs, although southern NH is turning in to Boston north. As far as jobs go try a couple of the papers [url]portsmouthherald.com[/url] Property taxes are a little higher but again no income tax or excise taxes, or sales tax. I live ½ a mile away and am building up some money to move there. Good luck in your search
Link Posted: 11/4/2001 5:58:14 PM EDT
[#2]
We have no sales or income tax, but property taxes tend to be a little high. Tech jobs aren't very plentiful, if that's your thing. Gun laws are good to go, CHLs are shall issue, $10.00 for 4 years, no classes or instruction required. No problems with class 3 stuff either.
Link Posted: 11/4/2001 5:59:36 PM EDT
[#3]
Thanks, any info is useful. Almost anything is better than PRK.
Link Posted: 11/5/2001 9:26:04 PM EDT
[#4]
BTT
Link Posted: 11/6/2001 12:17:09 AM EDT
[#5]
Don't do it!  You'll freeze your ass off!  And millions enrolled in California's welfare system depend on you!

Nice place, but personally, I always preferred Vermont.
Link Posted: 11/6/2001 5:01:54 AM EDT
[#6]
Yes please, NH needs as many freedom loving people as it can get.  Too many stinkin' lefty's from MA are moving into the southern portion, how else does one explain Ms. Shaheen as gov for 3 terms.
Link Posted: 11/6/2001 11:19:40 AM EDT
[#7]
Hopefully we will be able to move this coming year. New Hampshire is keeping a huge smile on my face. My wife and I have finally agreed on a state to move to. Now I just have to do more looking at areas, jobs, gun dealers, costs and such. Can anyone give my a general price on some things, anything (i.e. groceries).
Link Posted: 11/6/2001 11:37:47 AM EDT
[#8]
Shit, that's better than NC by a long shot!  Taxes here are getting like NJ and the CHL is a flipping joke!
Link Posted: 11/6/2001 11:50:40 AM EDT
[#9]
Groceries don't seem too bad to me in southern NH, same as Mass if not cheaper...  Gas is between $1.19 and $1.33 for 87 depending on the station.  Car insurance is pretty cheap, inspections are $20 and registration costs are cheap and handled by your town.  Property taxes are the only real headache that I've seen, and that depends on the town.

Oh yeah, and LP gas is fargin expensive.
Link Posted: 11/6/2001 9:29:59 PM EDT
[#10]
Any insights about places in NH? Stark NH area has some really reasonable houses, but I'm still learning about all the areas.
Link Posted: 11/6/2001 9:49:42 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Yes please, NH needs as many freedom loving people as it can get.  Too many stinkin' lefty's from MA are moving into the southern portion, how else does one explain Ms. Shaheen as gov for 3 terms.
View Quote

Hey I grew up in Mass. and I'm left handed.......wait that's not what your talking about.....[;)] never mind
Link Posted: 11/6/2001 9:58:01 PM EDT
[#12]
Didn't Bush squeeze out a victory in New Hampshire?  That says something doesn't it?  At best it means there are slightly more smarter people than dumb-asses who voted for Gore.
Link Posted: 11/7/2001 3:54:42 AM EDT
[#13]
Yes, Bush won the state, and that really makes it difficult to understand how SHAHEEN KEEPS GETTING ELECTED!

(Sorry, can you tell I can't stand the twit?)

[:D]
Link Posted: 11/7/2001 6:10:03 AM EDT
[#14]
I'd go to Vermont personally. By far the most gun friendly state in the Union, and absolutely beautiful.
Link Posted: 11/8/2001 6:29:33 PM EDT
[#15]
Are there fireflies in New Hampshire?
Link Posted: 11/8/2001 6:43:22 PM EDT
[#16]
Move to maine ,anything goes and bushmaster is close by.
Link Posted: 11/8/2001 7:15:03 PM EDT
[#17]
How are taxes and other things in ME? We had thought about ME.
Link Posted: 11/9/2001 5:38:56 AM EDT
[#18]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top