Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 11/4/2001 5:19:09 PM EDT
Link Posted: 11/4/2001 5:25:14 PM EDT
[#1]
I spent the day handing out flyers for the pro-CCW movement at the gun show in Madison, Wisconsin.  

Felt sort of like water water everywhere...

I'll get out to the range sometime this week though.
Link Posted: 11/4/2001 5:27:59 PM EDT
[#2]
Yeah I went shooting today over at Gibsons in Mesquite. I met some people from this board. We had a blast. Got to shoot an M1A/M14 again and re-affirmed that I definitely want one. Thanks Smeghead. [:)] Got to show some people my trick on keeping the bolt open on an AK during cease fire, that way you didn't have to stick an empty shell casing in there. Kinda cool cause normally its people at the range showing me stuff.

Much like you there was a few people to my right that were getting pelted with my hot casings. It was not too much though. Much like in other shoots I go to, I pretty much end up talking with people around me. Got to meet some great people. It was a good day. It was warm, a lil overcast.
Link Posted: 11/4/2001 5:47:56 PM EDT
[#3]
That was me at Gibsons!  Got to meet LT.  Super nice guy.

Nice range, too.  We finally find one in DFW that allows FMJ, and they are actually pretty cool at.  I brought two friends... one of which who just got his LEGP.  He was psyched!

I got to learn the AK hold open trick from LT.  Worked like a champ.  I think the two old-timers with SAR's there were really happy they went... to learn about AR15.com and all the good info we get here.

Took a lot of my toys... spent the last three hours cleaning them!  I think next time I will just bring a couple rifles... :-(
Link Posted: 11/4/2001 7:39:49 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
That was me at Gibsons!  Got to meet LT.  Super nice guy.

Nice range, too.  We finally find one in DFW that allows FMJ, and they are actually pretty cool at.  I brought two friends... one of which who just got his LEGP.  He was psyched!

I got to learn the AK hold open trick from LT.  Worked like a champ.  I think the two old-timers with SAR's there were really happy they went... to learn about AR15.com and all the good info we get here.

Took a lot of my toys... spent the last three hours cleaning them!  I think next time I will just bring a couple rifles... :-(
View Quote

I forgot your board moniker, sorry. Pleasure meeting you guys. Lemme know if you guys wanna meet up for another shoot. I think there is a shoot being planned for the DFW area guys in the meeting forum. That I will try and make it to the FalFiles forum shoot. I will clean my rifles tomorrow.
Link Posted: 11/4/2001 7:41:41 PM EDT
[#5]
Yeah... I used to be "igotdoo"

Nobody seemed to like that name.  :0)

Link Posted: 11/4/2001 8:31:29 PM EDT
[#6]
No, our day was not that good.  We decided to go to the free uncontrolled range today, big mistake.  We wanted to test how bad our CETMEs shot, no surprise, all 3 about 12" high @ 100 yards.  We try to go to the 100 yard range first, no spots, so we head to the 225.  Pop off a few rounds with no problems.  We then get a spot at the 100 yard range, right next to about 10 Mexicans.  Why the hell there are Mexicans in Northern Indiana is beyond me, but they were there.  We unload, call for cease fire so we can go down range for targets, everyone agrees and off they go.  Past experience dictates that one person remains armed back at the bench to prevent any problems.  Today this was required.  The Mexicans return to the bench while my uncle is about 75 yards down range.  I then precede to watch these guys chamber a round and take aim!  The AR comes off my shoulder as I am running and yelling at them to stop.  Fortunately they stop.  I did not feel like shooting at any one today.  The rest of the day when any shooter was down range I made myself very visible and they knew it.  They never said anything and they acted like nothing had happened.

After a bit they left, I never felt comfortable while they were there and always had an eye towards them.  As we retrieve our targets, one of my friends reaches down and picks up a live 50 cal BMG round from the grass.  An odd way to finish the day.
Link Posted: 11/4/2001 8:31:38 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 11/4/2001 9:24:12 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
You guys suck!  This was [b][i]my[/b][/i] thread!  You stole it!
View Quote

Borrowed. You can have it back [:D]
Link Posted: 11/5/2001 6:21:19 AM EDT
[#9]
Yeah... I'm done with it now.  

[:D]
Link Posted: 11/5/2001 6:29:11 AM EDT
[#10]
Shot a highpower match.

Sucked BAD.

Oh well - its still better than a day at the office.

[BD]

Link Posted: 11/5/2001 11:22:55 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Yeah... I'm done with it now.  
View Quote

Ewwwww.  Twice used thread.  No thanks. [;)]

Viper Out
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top