Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 11/4/2001 4:02:36 PM EDT
In talking to some of my Republican friends (including one that worked for Cheney) it isn't clear to me who to vote for. Some of them are voting for Warner (D) for Gov. I'm relatively new to VA (1.5 years) and there are no NRA ratings for the Governor candidates. I'm told that both Warner (D) and Earley (R) are pro-gun, pro-NRA. I'm inclined to vote for Earley of course, but I'd like to know more about Warner if any of you have insights.
Link Posted: 11/4/2001 4:54:50 PM EDT
[#1]
DO NOT VOTE FOR WARNER......

He TRIED to meet with the NRA to get thier votes....no dice....he sucks. Don't be fooled by the 'Sportsman for Warner' Bullshit.

Early is the lesser evil.....thats enough for my vote

Bulldog OUT
Link Posted: 11/4/2001 5:11:54 PM EDT
[#2]
Definately do NOT vote for Warner.  He is aweful.  It will be hell for VA if he wins.

Vote for Early, Katzen and Kilgore.  
Link Posted: 11/4/2001 6:09:27 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 11/5/2001 4:27:11 AM EDT
[#4]
btt, everyone get out and vote tomorrow.
Link Posted: 11/5/2001 4:46:15 AM EDT
[#5]
DO NOT VOTE FOR WARNER!

Did you watch the debates?  One of the questions asked was "Mr Warner what are your opinions' of the NRA, and do you feel they perform a service to protect the peoples rights?"  He danced around saying he has hunters and "sportsman" who support him, and hunters are members of the NRA so by default the NRA should support him.

HE also ran for the Senate in 96 on a Very Liberal platform, I have also seen many campaign fundraisers in that time period where Warner was kissing Klinton's ass, they were buddies I guess......he supported the AW ban and the Brady Bill, he also helped campaign for Gore in VA....you can't get much more liberal than that.

Plus grades for both were handed out last week.....Early A-, Warner C
Link Posted: 11/5/2001 6:38:26 AM EDT
[#6]
Roger that.
Earley's the man.
Link Posted: 11/5/2001 6:47:31 AM EDT
[#7]
DO NOT VOTE FOR WARNER!  

I just thought it needed to be said again.  That sportsman for Warner stuff is a bunch of crap.  That a-hole will say anything to get elected.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top