Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 11/4/2001 3:00:03 PM EDT
I used my Benchmade to field dress, skin, and quarter a deer this morning. It worked great but now there is a problem with it. The blade was really tight. I rinsed it off well after using it but must have gotten some blood  in the hinge. After a good soak in hot water and blowing it out with compressed air it was still tight. So I took it apart and did a very thorough cleaning and re-assembled it. With the hinge screw tightened down snug it was still too tight to flip open. With the hinge screw backed off just a tad shy of snug it works perfectly but I am reluctant to carry it with the hinge screw not snugged down.

Should I put a dab of blue Locktite on the screw
and then adjust it to the right tension? Or is there something I am missing?

This is a liner lock model with the titanium liners by Elishewitz.
Link Posted: 11/4/2001 3:29:28 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 11/4/2001 3:42:02 PM EDT
[#2]
There is no nut. The adjustment screw goes into an aluminum pivot with a blind hole. The pivot has a flat side so that it will not turn in the liners and the blade pivots on this aluminum piece.
Link Posted: 11/4/2001 10:27:04 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 11/4/2001 10:47:28 PM EDT
[#4]
Troy is right, the Benchmade will not fail with the screw backed off a bit. Thats what I had to do with my Pinnacle, works just fine and Ive had it that way for almost 3 years, and I beat the hell out of that knife.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top