Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 11/4/2001 7:24:14 AM EDT
He is hiding in the mountains of NW NC.  Somewhere around my house!!

I've always had a lot of military aircraft fly over my house.  I live at the only lake/body of water within I don't know HOW MANY miles, and I've always figured they might use it as a waypoint (or just getting info on where I live! [;)]).  

Anyway, this morning, at least 5 A10's flew over my house at damm near tree-top level!  I know that they usually keep a certain level as a floor but these guys were [b]LOW!![/b]  I'm guessing that they are practicing flying mountainous missions or searching for Bin Laden somewhere around my house.

Here is a pic of one of the ones that was [b]FARTHEST[/b] from me~didn't have the camera ready when the ones flew over head :(

[img]http://itomnt1.cob.appstate.edu/web116/A10FlyingOverHouse.jpg[/img]

[b][red][i]Libertas an Mortis![/b][/red][/i]
Link Posted: 11/4/2001 7:32:00 AM EDT
[#1]
AWESOME!!!
Link Posted: 11/4/2001 7:39:08 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 11/4/2001 7:54:32 AM EDT
[#3]
Halloween night, I saw the fastest flying jet I have ever seen. I have never seen a jet fly that fast before and I use to live near an airforce base for several years. I couldn't tell what it was, but it was a jet flying at about 50,000? feet.
When I lived there, Top dog was cool, I would see all sorts of jets during Top dog. Sometimes I would watch them do mock bombing runs on the International airport I lived near.
Link Posted: 11/4/2001 7:58:49 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 11/4/2001 8:08:44 AM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 11/4/2001 8:42:09 AM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 11/4/2001 9:41:35 AM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 11/4/2001 10:00:06 AM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 11/4/2001 10:43:36 AM EDT
[#9]
Sorry to disappoint you....they are looking for "Rudolph".

You think you have A-10's?, Try Fort Polk, LA. or maybe you're into B-52's. Have a few at Barkdale, LA.

Link Posted: 11/4/2001 1:24:43 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Sorry to disappoint you....they are looking for "Rudolph".

You think you have A-10's?, Try Fort Polk, LA. or maybe you're into B-52's. Have a few at Barkdale, LA.

View Quote

Yep, they are looking for Rudolph the[red] "World Champion Hide n Seeker"[/red]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top