Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 11/3/2001 9:18:57 AM EDT
Like for instance turning this thread into a picture?  Is it possible to do so through 'print' or 'save as' commands?  I am using Win. 98.

TIA!!
Link Posted: 11/3/2001 9:44:02 AM EDT
[#1]
You can save individual pics by clicking on the pic, right click on the mouse - "save picture as".  If you want to save the whole page, click on the File menu, click "save as".  Is this what you meant/want?
Link Posted: 11/3/2001 9:50:52 AM EDT
[#2]
No, I know the above, I need to turn the whole webpage into a pic (menu, text, pictures, links, banner, etc.) if possible.  I was wondering if it could all be turned into a .bmp file then I'd convert it to .jpg for file size reduction.
Link Posted: 11/3/2001 10:46:29 AM EDT
[#3]
Well, it's not a screenshot but you can go up to the top of the IE browser to the "View" button and then click on "source" in the menu button.

Copy all of the text into a text file then go back and save every BMP or JPG on that page for later use.    Then upload that text file as an HTML file to your webpage and upload the correct bmp and jpg files, it will be a duplicate of that webpage in basically every way except for on your website domain or page.

Or to save them as a image file just hit "print screen" and open up the "paint" program usually found on any computer, just paste into there with the ctrl+v command.    It will only be a screen shot of what is on the screen so if you miss something you might have to scroll down through the page to get it all and upload 3-4 images to get everything.
Link Posted: 11/3/2001 10:55:36 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Or to save them as a image file just hit "print screen" and open up the "paint" program usually found on any computer, just paste into there with the ctrl+v command.    It will only be a screen shot of what is on the screen so if you miss something you might have to scroll down through the page to get it all and upload 3-4 images to get everything.
View Quote

Exactly what I needed, thanks!!!  U.G. this is for you -

[url]http://albums.photopoint.com/j/View?u=106997&a=781902&p=40353969&Sequence=0&res=high[/url]
Link Posted: 11/3/2001 12:13:45 PM EDT
[#5]
UH
I can find Print and Print preview
But no"print screen"
Yes I am ignorant,but not stupid.
Everything I know about PCs came from this site.
cpermd
Link Posted: 11/3/2001 12:16:56 PM EDT
[#6]
Hold down the shift key, then push and hold down ALT key, then push the Print Screen/SysRq key. Then, open up wordpad, photoshop, or paint and hit control-v or goto paste under the edit menu.
Link Posted: 11/3/2001 12:17:48 PM EDT
[#7]
BTW, Macintoshes have a print screen choice under I believe the file menu, but PC's don't have a menu choice for it.
Link Posted: 11/3/2001 12:27:48 PM EDT
[#8]
cpermd, the Print Screen key is on the keyboard to right of F12.
Link Posted: 11/3/2001 12:32:10 PM EDT
[#9]
TOO KEWL
Thak you KEVIN
I have learned a shitload here from you guys!
Thanks again
cpermd
Kevin
You need any parts,uppers,lowers,stocks,etc?
cpermd
Link Posted: 11/3/2001 3:18:32 PM EDT
[#10]
Print Screen = Captures the entire screen
ATL + Print Screen = Captures the active window

I can't remember what the CTR, or Shift + Print Screen does.

I always wondered why there are so many "Screen Capture" programs out there, since this has been available since good old Windows 3.1
Link Posted: 11/3/2001 4:29:50 PM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 11/3/2001 6:08:50 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Damn, even I learned something new today.  I've always just done printscreen then cropped it down to what I needed.  Thanks!
View Quote

No problem. I am a keyboard junkie [;)]

My unix friends made fun of me and windows, always needing a mouse to do anything. So I made it point to learn how to drive WinBloze with just the keyboard. I have about 95% of all tasks in WinBloze with keyboard commands.
Link Posted: 11/3/2001 6:39:03 PM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 11/4/2001 2:40:37 PM EDT
[#14]
THANK YOU!!! DVDTRACKER!!!

I have been trying to remember that one for years now!! With that, I can now CTR+TAB to get to the icons on the desktop! Yes!!!

Actually, I have gotten a little lazy. If I don't have a keyboard that doesn't have the "window" button, or "properties" button (like my laptop), I go crazy.
Link Posted: 11/4/2001 11:06:26 PM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 11/4/2001 11:12:34 PM EDT
[#16]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top