Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 11/2/2001 9:16:23 PM EDT
Now I'd like to know from a few people that are in the military right now how does it look for a ground war? Are they sending in a lot of ground troops yet?

I know if there is a ground war that I'll be going in to the U.S.M.C( Sorry I thing the Marines are the only way to go for infantry.)  but if there is not one the it's the Army (They have more to offer me right now.)But I don't know what to do I'm the type that if there is a ground war and they may start the draft them I want to be in it..

I don't want to join the Army then find out that there is going to be a big ground war and be stuck with the Army's MOS ( M.P. or Firefighter.) I know I'm not going to go in until the end of the year because I want to spend X-miss with my son.

I just don't know what to do if anyone can help me that would be great thanks.

Also has anyone ever been a Cavalry scout? If so what did you do and how did you like it?
Link Posted: 11/2/2001 9:27:09 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 11/2/2001 9:35:09 PM EDT
[#2]
the Air force can do guarnteed jobs also
Link Posted: 11/2/2001 9:38:55 PM EDT
[#3]
Sorry, but when and IF there is a 'ground war' conventional troops will NOT be used in the state they are in. Why do you think it has been nothing but SpecOps? Because they are the only ones who are READY. Our conventional forces were emasculated by BJ Clinton. Rumsfeld knows it........

Bulldog OUT
Link Posted: 11/2/2001 9:48:08 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 11/2/2001 10:33:21 PM EDT
[#5]
Tayous1,

Definately check out the Air Force.. They take care of their own people. You get nice housing, family care, school benefits, good jobs. Now if you want to be on the front lines when there is a war then the Marines would be the way to go, the AF has special ops also (para rescue, and combat control). I'm in the AF and would recommend it to anyone (4 yrs and counting). I have seen other branches and how they are treated and can definately say the AF treats you the best. email me if you have any ?'s.

Later,
   hawkin
Link Posted: 11/3/2001 1:36:20 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Tayous1,

Definately check out the Air Force.. They take care of their own people. You get nice housing, family care, school benefits, good jobs. Now if you want to be on the front lines when there is a war then the Marines would be the way to go, the AF has special ops also (para rescue, and combat control). I'm in the AF and would recommend it to anyone (4 yrs and counting). I have seen other branches and how they are treated and can definately say the AF treats you the best. email me if you have any ?'s.

Later,
   hawkin
View Quote

I'm going to have to vote NAVY. You also get to choose your job, Your family is also well taken care of (as they are by all branches of U.S. military service)Advancement/promotion is much qiucker than any other branch of service, you WILL get overseas travel,Depending on your rate you may be delivering the U.S.M.C. to the front lines, (somebody has to give them a ride)
Think it over, and good luck.  [:)>]
Link Posted: 11/3/2001 1:51:21 AM EDT
[#7]
If you are blood-thirsty and want to kill some god-damned pieces of crapola, then I highly recommend the United States Marine Corps.  Sooner or later, you will get the chance.

Everyone is a rifleman first.  "Underpaid, oversexed professional killers."

Semper Fi
+Stealth
Link Posted: 11/3/2001 4:59:41 AM EDT
[#8]
RULE NUMBER 1---get everything in writing--MOS, Duty Station, bonus, everything!!!!!!

Seriously consider a job that you can use on the outside and follow rule 1(if you want to play with guns and run around in the woods, see below)

I was in the Corps, friends were in the air force and army. Marine boot camp is very tough compared to the army, and the airforce is really a college summer camp.
The best thing about the Corps is that after boot every body attends the first month of ITS, and is trained in small unit combat. After that, even if you run communications or fix airplanes, you still get to go out in the woods and play war every year or so.
Plus, riding Mike Boats and LCACs and traks rocks, and being on the navy boats isn't so bad when everyone sneaks on enough booze, and the boat stops in cool ports every few weeks.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top