Detective Charles Douglas Jacobs III
Riverside Police Department, CA

Cause of Death: Gunfire
End of Watch: January 13, 2001
Date of Incident: January 13, 2001
Tour of Duty: 5 yr
Suspect Info: Arrested at scene
Weapon Used: Handgun; 9 mm

Detective Jacobs was shot and killed when he was ambushed after he and another officer responded to a noise complaint on a Saturday afternoon. Detective Jacobs and the other officer were interviewing two of the individuals, a mother and son, on an outside staircase when a second son exited the residence and opened fire on them with a 9 mm handgun. One of the two rounds struck Detective Jacobs in the head. He was transported to a local hospital where he succumbed to his injuries. The suspect reentered the residence and attempted to load a rifle, which jammed, and surrendered moments later.
Detective Jacobs had been with the agency for five years and is survived by his wife, six-month-old daughter and ten-year-old stepson.
Whoops, sorry guys, looks like the Jack Boots did another Gun Grab.
Unfortunately, it was a tad too late for Detective Jacobs.

Rich

Link Posted: 11/2/2001 9:10:36 PM EDT
[#1]
I see what your point,and it's good that you want to put this info out.
This is the very thing alot of people never here about but need to.

But I have found there are only a haneful of people here who are really anti-cop,they are easy to spot.

Just don't let them make you made man,you will get some sick replys is you say thing that is even a littel nice about cops. Hold on!

Link Posted: 11/2/2001 9:47:20 PM EDT
[#2]
A2, Is this what this is all about?  I feel like I walked in half way through a movie.
Link Posted: 11/2/2001 10:10:25 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
A2, Is this what this is all about?  I feel like I walked in half way through a movie.
View Quote

I don't know but I think he wants to even out with all the posts about one guy or another getting in to trouble with the cops.
Evenbody seems to feel sorry for the guy but sometimes he gets the best end of the deal and the cops don't.
It's a good idea I just don't want him to thinkhe needs to tow the line for cops/law enforcement on this site cuz there are only a few antis.
Link Posted: 11/2/2001 10:15:29 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 11/2/2001 10:30:31 PM EDT
[#5]
I may be wrong, but my take is that Rapid-fire is taking the thread about the guy in NY state who just had a "run-in" as an attack against ALL cops, which it obviously isn't. The cops referred to in that thread acted like power-hungry punks, and those particular cops deserve all the bashing they get. Myself, I have never been treated badly by any LEO, and have great respect for any Cop who treats me, or others, with respect. Those who indeed ARE professionals command respect by virtue of the fact that they are professional in the manner in which they conduct themselves. Those who conduct themselves as the ones in the NY thread did, though, deserve noones respect. A fact evidenced by the disgust expressed by the Cops on this board, most of whom I gather are on the "Professional" side of law enforcement.
Link Posted: 11/2/2001 10:31:38 PM EDT
[#6]
Officer Lois M. Marrero
Tampa Police Department, FL

End of Watch: July 06, 2001
Date of Incident: July 06, 2001
Tour of Duty: 18 yr
Suspect Info: Shot and killed
Weapon Used: Handgun

Officer Marrero was shot and killed when she was ambushed by a bank robber during a foot chase. The suspect had just robbed a bank branch and ran into an apartment complex with Officer Marrero in pursuit. He hid behind a car and shot her as she neared the location. A second officer was shot and wounded during the shootout. The suspect then fled into a nearby apartment, took hostages, and then committed suicide several hours later during a standoff.
Officer Marrero had been with the agency for 18 years and is survived by her life companion. She is the first female officer from her department to be killed in the line of duty.

Rant on...I've got thousands of them. Literally...

Rich

Link Posted: 11/2/2001 10:40:31 PM EDT
[#7]
So what is your point?? as there are thousands of stories of leo violating civil rights.
stpo feeling sorry for your self and get a job that wont make you whine.
Link Posted: 11/2/2001 10:45:35 PM EDT
[#8]
It's rather juvenile to attack those we first call when we need help, get hurt, lose a loved one.  
Link Posted: 11/2/2001 10:46:57 PM EDT
[#9]
Police Officer Eric D. Lee
Chicago Police Department, IL

End of Watch: August 19, 2001
Date of Incident: August 19, 2001
Tour of Duty: 9 yr
Suspect Info: Charged with murder
Weapon Used: Gun; Unknown type

Officer Lee was shot and killed as he and two other tactical officers attempted to break up a fight. The three officers were on a special tactical patrol when they happened upon three men beating up a fourth man in an alley. The officers exited their cruiser and identified themselves. When they did so shots were fired and Officer Lee was struck in the head. Several suspects were apprehended and held for questioning. The shooter was charged with murder of a police officer.
Officer Lee was a U.S. Marine Corps veteran and had been with the agency for nine years. He is survived by his wife and 6-year-old daughter.
I only hear one whine in here, and it's not coming from me.

Rich

Link Posted: 11/2/2001 10:50:24 PM EDT
[#10]
Well, you just go ahead and show us all that you are a better LEO than those in that other post.  Just go ahead and keep right on posting all these irrelevant stories.

Yes, that's what I said.  They [b]are not relevant[/b] to the thread posted the other night.

They [i]may[/i] be relevant to a different subject, and I'm sure you'd find very few here that would disagree with the fact that LEO's have a hard, dangerous job.

The difficulty some have here isn't with understanding that the job is dangerous, and can get you killed, it's with the attitude that [b]some[/b] LEO's have that they have some sort of special blessing from God almighty that gives them more 'rights' and privledges than the rest of us peons.

When I start seeing Sheriff and State Patrol officers doing something as simple as obeying the speed limit, I will start relaxing around them.

This has been discussed before, and even in the context of current events, does it surprise you that people don't like it when someone come up to them and with the smallest of suspicion yells in thier face to shut the F*CK up!  That really is music that calms the savage beast, isn't it?  If you hit the animal enough, or tease it sufficiently often, it will eventually bite back!  Does this surprise you?  It shouldn't.   There [b]are[/b] ways to do the job, and stay safe wtihout the amount of 'terror' that [i]some[/i] LEOs feel is necessary.

Your own reaction to this is simply making the point for those that are against LEOs!

I'm not saying it's easy being a LEO.  Heaven only knows what risks you guys put yourselves into every day - and then hope to get home after your shift.  But I am saying that many people have shitty jobs, stressful jobs, hell, even risky jobs - but they still manage to be civil [b]while on the job[/b]

The other post documented a truly shameful [b]group[/b] of officers.  it did not paint every officer in the country with the same brush - as I read it, it only painted those officers with it.

From your reaction, you'd think you were one of them in that department, and had jsut found out the guy filed a complaint against you!

Take a chill pill, and let it go.  I'd be happy to buy you a beer if you were in my neighborhood, but from the relentlessness of your 'attack' on this forum (can you say harassment?), I'm not so sure I'd want to stay in the same bar.  There are plenty of other LEO's - some of which are on this board  that I'd have that beer with.  

Now that I've probably sufficiently pissed you off even further, even though that's not where I intended this reply to go, I guess my work is done here, and I'll leave.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top