Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 11/2/2001 4:22:41 PM EDT
... the time frame and secrecy suggests it.

[url]http://www.capecodonline.com/cctimes/bodyat2.htm[/url]
Link Posted: 11/2/2001 4:30:35 PM EDT
[#1]
Vellly intelesting....
Found on(in) a grassy knoll.
BP
Link Posted: 11/2/2001 4:54:23 PM EDT
[#2]
You mean she wasn't stuck on an America West flight all this time?
Link Posted: 11/2/2001 6:29:31 PM EDT
[#3]
Chandra is probably sticking pretty close to Jimmy Hoffa.
Link Posted: 11/2/2001 6:37:21 PM EDT
[#4]
Since this was in Massachusetts, I expect the police will head over to the Kennedy compound to round up the usual suspects.
Link Posted: 11/3/2001 9:37:21 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Since this was in Massachusetts, I expect the police will head over to the Kennedy compound to round up the usual suspects.
View Quote

I've wondered why they didn't just check Ted's car to begin with.

Tachyon
Link Posted: 11/3/2001 9:44:07 AM EDT
[#6]
I'm getting a:

The page cannot be found
HTTP 404 - File not found
Internet Explorer

when I click on the link.
Link Posted: 11/3/2001 9:52:30 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
I'm getting a:

The page cannot be found
Internet Explorer

View Quote

... ha! the bastards pulled the article. Their home site is up but the story is gone. Will try the Freepers for intel
Link Posted: 11/3/2001 9:55:07 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
I'm getting a:

The page cannot be found
Internet Explorer

View Quote

Me too.  "They" don't want us to know[IMG]http://www.freakygamers.com/smilies/s/contrib/aahmed/sad.gif[/IMG]
Link Posted: 11/3/2001 9:59:12 AM EDT
[#9]
Body at Scusset identified

Investigators decline to reveal the victim's name while the criminal probe continues.

By KAREN JEFFREY
STAFF WRITER
BARNSTABLE - Citing the need to protect their inquiry, investigators announced yesterday they know but will not reveal the identity of the woman whose body was found buried on Scusset Beach last week.

"I hate to be cryptic but, in a case of this nature, we have a period of time after discovery is made or when the crime occurred that is very sensitive," said Cape and Islands First Assistant District Attorney Michael O'Keefe.

"Our position is, we need to protect the integrity of this ongoing investigation," he said.

The body was identified Wednesday. O'Keefe would not say whether the victim's family has been notified or if the victim was originally from Massachusetts.

When pressed by reporters on these issues and others, he remained silent.

Speaking at a press conference at the Cape and Islands District Attorney's office, O'Keefe had little to add to information released last week after the body was discovered buried in a dune on Scusset Beach.

He did narrow the likely time the bodied had been buried at the beach.

Previously O'Keefe said the body had been there "six months to a year," based on information supplied by the forensic pathologist and forensic anthropologist who performed the autopsy.

Yesterday O'Keefe refused to be specific, but said the time-frame was narrower than "six months to a year."

This means the body was likely buried at Scusset Beach sometime this summer.

The Scusset Beach State Reservation includes a beach that received nearly 450,000 day visits last year. Between July and September this year, an estimated 32,000 people camped at the state-operated campgrounds that are within a quarter-mile of where the body was discovered.

The body was found late on the afternoon of Oct. 22 when two people playing Frisbee noticed what appeared to be a leg bone sticking out of the sand.

Police secured the area that afternoon but waited until the following day to exhume the body, which was found buried in a grassy area atop a small dune, about 50 yards from the mouth of the Cape Cod Canal.

The grave was more than 20 yards back from the high tide mark on this state beach.

The body has been identified as that of a post-adolescent female who died by violent means, according to an autopsy.

[url]http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/fr/563040/posts[/url]
Link Posted: 11/3/2001 10:07:59 AM EDT
[#10]
Hmmmmm. mmk
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top