Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/23/2008 3:05:29 PM EDT
Holy shit, my family has been sicker this winter than I ever remember.

Hey, we're all usually good for a cold this season but so far each of us (my wife, daughter and I) have had about 3 colds, the flu, and my wife and I each had a stomach flu also.

What the hell is going on?  We get plenty of sleep.  I excersize religiously.  Vitamins and diet are good.  I am a total freak about hand washing (to the point almost of OCD).  We keep our house at 55% humidity and I run a HEPA air cleaner in the bedroom.  I don't know if the HEPA air cleaner traps germs, I use it primarily for dust, but if I thought it would help, I'd have on in every room of the house!

What else can we do?  I can't take this being sick shit any more!
Link Posted: 1/23/2008 3:07:26 PM EDT
[#1]
The only possible answer to your problem is Chemtrails
Link Posted: 1/23/2008 3:07:47 PM EDT
[#2]
Dibs on guns!
Link Posted: 1/23/2008 3:10:08 PM EDT
[#3]
I hear ya. I generally get a cold each September-October, but this year I had a sinus cold immediately follow a chest cold. I was sick for over a month. (Both of these immediately followed my kidney stone. Imagine coughing HARD with a kidney stone.) I finally went to the doc and he got me some antibiotics and a great decongestant.

All I can say, is that there is some especially nasty stuff going around*.

Wash yer hands, don't touch yer eyes & nose, & teach the kids the same.

ETA *I wonder if this nasty stuff is coming home with our GIs?
Link Posted: 1/23/2008 3:13:52 PM EDT
[#4]
I had a cold the last week of October, then right after Thanksgiving, and another right around Christmas.  Basically three colds in three months.  I usually get maybe one in the fall and one in the summer.
Link Posted: 1/23/2008 3:15:53 PM EDT
[#5]
I feel your pain dude, I've been sick since saturday.

about a 6 on the flu scale.

still feels shitty.
Link Posted: 1/23/2008 3:16:38 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
I had a cold the last week of October, then right after Thanksgiving, and another right around Christmas.  Basically three colds in three months.  I usually get maybe one in the fall and one in the summer.

Right!  That's what I'm talking about.

Have common germs become stronger?  Are we getting weaker?  What the hell is happening?
Link Posted: 1/23/2008 3:20:32 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
Holy shit, my family has been sicker this winter than I ever remember.

Hey, we're all usually good for a cold this season but so far each of us (my wife, daughter and I) have had about 3 colds, the flu, and my wife and I each had a stomach flu also.

What the hell is going on?  We get plenty of sleep.  I excersize religiously.  Vitamins and diet are good.  I am a total freak about hand washing (to the point almost of OCD).  We keep our house at 55% humidity and I run a HEPA air cleaner in the bedroom.  I don't know if the HEPA air cleaner traps germs, I use it primarily for dust, but if I thought it would help, I'd have on in every room of the house!

What else can we do?  I can't take this being sick shit any more!

Did your daughter just start school this year?  Ever since mine started school it has been nuts here.  Son (asthmatic) with pneumonia twice last winter and about 8 upper respiratory infections, 4 ear infections, 1 stomach flu.  Daughter with pneumonia once last winter, 5 upper respiratory infections, 1 stomach flu.  This year son  with bronchitis, 2 upper respiratory infections (one he is battling now), croup (now).  Daughter with two upper respiratory infections, bronchitis, and one stomach flu.  Husband has had upper respiratory infection once and I have to and it lasted quite a while.  When she is out of school for summer or on winter break no one is sick!  
Link Posted: 1/23/2008 3:38:36 PM EDT
[#8]
I empathize. I feel like Hell now. Winter used to be a fun time, damnit.
Link Posted: 1/23/2008 3:48:46 PM EDT
[#9]
yeah, gw, my daughter is in school 3 days a week but it is her second year.  Would have hoped her immunity would build up.  none of us though were sick this many times last year (her 1st year in school)
Link Posted: 1/23/2008 5:29:51 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
yeah, gw, my daughter is in school 3 days a week but it is her second year.  Would have hoped her immunity would build up.  none of us though were sick this many times last year (her 1st year in school)

Right after I posted in this thread I checked my sons temperature and its 102.5 and thats 4 hours after Motrin!  Maybe the bugs are just getting stronger.  
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top