Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 11/2/2001 12:52:33 PM EDT
I went to the post office this afternoon (had to send D-ray a money order...) and after buying the money order they asked if i wanted stamps, or anything else.  I said yes, I need a stamped envelope.  Silence, pained look, then, "we don't have any."  I then asked if I could buy a stamp and an envelope.  "No we only had the stamped ones and we had to pull them off the shelves this week."  I bought a tamp, went down the street, and bought a box of envelopes at a drug store.  

They did not run out.  They pulled them off the shelves and are no longer selling them.  I think it is because the anthrax letters were in them, and they either a) don't want people to get one in the mail and freak, or b) want to be able to narrow the field of letters to pull and test.

Opinions?
Link Posted: 11/2/2001 1:29:48 PM EDT
[#1]
This week I was sending an order to Bushmaster. I know the envelope was secure because I taped it. It came back opened and in one of those envelopes that said it had been damaged or had came open in transit. That is bullshit IMHO. I know that since the envelope had a handwritten address on it they opened it looking for the anthrax virus.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top