Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/22/2008 2:40:55 PM EDT
I posted this in "Urban commando" section but not getting any replies so I'll try here in GD.

I pretty much always get 3 mbps with Frontiernet DSL Max.

The past couple of days things seemed to be slow so today I ran a speed test. Multiple speed tests, actually and I'm now getting just 1.2-1.3 mbps. WTF?!?

Subsequent tests were as low as 900 kbps.  Now it's up to around 1.3-1.4 again (Still way too slow for me).  

I've tried it with spyware disabled, no difference in speed.

Is this something I should call Frontiernet about? Temporary thing on their end? Hardware problems? Something on my end?

Any thoughts?

Update:  I called and after 1/2 hour of troubleshooting over the phone, they're going to send a tech tomorrow to "check the lines?"

What does it sound like is wrong?

Link Posted: 1/22/2008 2:46:11 PM EDT
[#1]
What?

Now I just got 2.8 mbps... that's about what I was getting.

Checking immediately afterward it's down to about 1.8 mbps.

What's happening?  I've never had such a roller coaster of internet speeds before.

Should I call back and have them cancel coming tomorrow?  I don't want them to send someone out if it's just a temporary problem with the ISP.
Link Posted: 1/22/2008 2:46:38 PM EDT
[#2]
Uh, down to 1.2 again.

Upload speeds were never that good.  They are now in the upper 300 kbps speed.  I know that's slow as shit, but it's about as good as it's ever been.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top