youtube.com/watch?v=KWaCD6jIH5Q
Link Posted: 1/21/2008 6:17:10 AM EDT
[#1]
That officer was fired.
Link Posted: 1/21/2008 6:19:23 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
That officer was fired.

Speaking as a guy who really likes his Taser, all I can say to his firing is, "Good."  Shit like that is what is going to get them taken away.
Link Posted: 1/21/2008 6:19:55 AM EDT
[#3]
 Should of seated her in the middle of the bench
so that female could help him, why was she standing around back there?

Here she is again:

www.youtube.com/watch?v=9cJjmKu059A
Link Posted: 1/21/2008 6:22:24 AM EDT
[#4]
Taser, taser, taser, DEPLOY!  

Go,go, gadget TASER!

Link Posted: 1/21/2008 6:22:25 AM EDT
[#5]
Lucky she didn't break her neck on that chair.

Link Posted: 1/21/2008 6:23:05 AM EDT
[#6]

Welcome to the Sheffield PD.  

I've dealt with them a couple of times.  Small town with to much money and nothing to do..........
Link Posted: 1/21/2008 6:23:22 AM EDT
[#7]
WTF?
Link Posted: 1/21/2008 6:23:56 AM EDT
[#8]
Um. That didnt really seem to be a situation where a taser was needed. Yes she was belligerent, yes she was stupid, but a taser wasn't really needed (atleast from what I could tell on the video).
Link Posted: 1/21/2008 6:27:27 AM EDT
[#9]

I thought it was funny.

Sorry guys. If your ass in in the jail house, have cuffs on, your best course of action is to shut up, do what your told and wait on your lawyer.

If you think resisting is going to help you out in the short term.....you're wrong.
Link Posted: 1/21/2008 7:03:10 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
    Here she is again:

Damn!
Link Posted: 1/21/2008 2:30:44 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Quoted:
    Here she is again:

Damn!

you can say that again,  she almost broke her neck  
Link Posted: 1/21/2008 2:38:47 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
Taser, taser, taser, DEPLOY!  

Go,go, gadget TASER!

That's some funny shit... Although our dept has the same type of "warning" to the other officers that the taser is going to be deployed.. although we don't say deploy..  just usually taser, taser, pfffzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
Link Posted: 1/21/2008 2:38:47 PM EDT
[#13]
Oops.

On the one hand she was being pretty non-compliant. On the other, she was cuffed.

Why was the guy fired, exactly? To be perfectly honest, this video isn't a *whole* lot different than dozens of other taser videos. Shades of gray, really. Was he fired because the outcome was different than expected (she fell like a tree, and clocked her noggin on the chair)?

I've seen tons of taser videos where they were used pretty damn early, because somebody was resisting a bit. I don't see what makes this one so different.
Link Posted: 1/21/2008 2:39:22 PM EDT
[#14]
She had the right to remain silent,
She did not have the ability.
Link Posted: 1/21/2008 2:40:49 PM EDT
[#15]
Excellent way to stirr the alcohol...
Link Posted: 1/21/2008 2:53:30 PM EDT
[#16]

SHEFFIELD — Kristina Fretter escaped a drunken driving charge in March when she agreed not to sue after a police officer Tasered her while she was handcuffed.
But she won’t have the same out with her two recent arrests.
In a little more than a month, Fretter has been stopped twice — charged with drunken driving after being stopped May 26 in Sheffield Lake and again Sunday night in Sheffield, police said.

“Nobody Tasered her this time, but she did try to prod the officer into using the Taser on her,” Sheffield Mayor Darlene Ondercin said. “The first time she was caught, everything was dismissed. We didn’t want to drop the charges, but it was what was best for the village. Now she has done it two more times. We’re just lucky she didn’t kill anyone.”

Patrolman Edward Long resigned after he Tasered the 32-year-old Sheffield Lake woman inside the Sheffield police station on Nov. 13, 2006. The ordeal was captured on a video camera inside the station, and it showed Fretter being uncooperative during the booking process before Long pulled out the Taser and fired barbs at her, prompting her to fall over.

Ondercin said at the time that she was loath to see the charges dismissed against Fretter, but it was the best overall solution for the village to avoid a lawsuit.

Then on May 26, a Sheffield Lake police officer stopped Fretter on Irving Park Boulevard and arrested her on charges of drunken driving and driving on a suspended license after saying she failed several sobriety tests.

Sheffield Lake reports indicate Fretter refused to cooperate with officers when they tried to get her to perform a Breathalyzer test and again when they tried to take a booking photograph. A valid Breathalyzer test was never done, police said.

A pretrial on that case is set for July 12.

Sunday, Sheffield police stopped her at 9 p.m. on Elmwood Drive after Patrolman Sean Palmer saw a car traveling without its headlights on.

Palmer’s report said Fretter was found to have a 0.238 blood-alcohol level — nearly three times the 0.08 percent at which the state considers a driver impaired.

Ondercin said Fretter tried to slip out of her handcuffs, the mayor said.
“I have seen the tape of when she was arrested, and she kept telling the officers that she had been brutalized once and that she wouldn’t let it happen again,” Ondercin said.

Contact Joe Medici at 329-7152 or [email protected].

www.chroniclet.com/2007/06/29/this-time-no-taser-involved/

I'm all out of sympathy, all of a sudden.
Link Posted: 1/21/2008 3:22:02 PM EDT
[#17]
Fucking Nazi's
Link Posted: 1/21/2008 3:35:29 PM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 1/22/2008 1:12:46 AM EDT
[#19]
She isnt going to stop driving drunk and they are not going to stop arresting her. But i'll bet she has a greater chance of getting punched in the mouth, pepper sprayed, clubbed with a baton than Tasered ever again.
Link Posted: 1/22/2008 1:24:33 AM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:
She had the right to remain silent,
She did not have the ability.

"Because we broke the chair over my thigh neck."
Link Posted: 1/22/2008 1:39:40 AM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

SHEFFIELD — Kristina Fretter escaped a drunken driving charge in March when she agreed not to sue after a police officer Tasered her while she was handcuffed.
But she won’t have the same out with her two recent arrests.
In a little more than a month, Fretter has been stopped twice — charged with drunken driving after being stopped May 26 in Sheffield Lake and again Sunday night in Sheffield, police said.

“Nobody Tasered her this time, but she did try to prod the officer into using the Taser on her,” Sheffield Mayor Darlene Ondercin said. “The first time she was caught, everything was dismissed. We didn’t want to drop the charges, but it was what was best for the village. Now she has done it two more times. We’re just lucky she didn’t kill anyone.”

Patrolman Edward Long resigned after he Tasered the 32-year-old Sheffield Lake woman inside the Sheffield police station on Nov. 13, 2006. The ordeal was captured on a video camera inside the station, and it showed Fretter being uncooperative during the booking process before Long pulled out the Taser and fired barbs at her, prompting her to fall over.

Ondercin said at the time that she was loath to see the charges dismissed against Fretter, but it was the best overall solution for the village to avoid a lawsuit.

Then on May 26, a Sheffield Lake police officer stopped Fretter on Irving Park Boulevard and arrested her on charges of drunken driving and driving on a suspended license after saying she failed several sobriety tests.

Sheffield Lake reports indicate Fretter refused to cooperate with officers when they tried to get her to perform a Breathalyzer test and again when they tried to take a booking photograph. A valid Breathalyzer test was never done, police said.

A pretrial on that case is set for July 12.

Sunday, Sheffield police stopped her at 9 p.m. on Elmwood Drive after Patrolman Sean Palmer saw a car traveling without its headlights on.

Palmer’s report said Fretter was found to have a 0.238 blood-alcohol level — nearly three times the 0.08 percent at which the state considers a driver impaired.

Ondercin said Fretter tried to slip out of her handcuffs, the mayor said.
“I have seen the tape of when she was arrested, and she kept telling the officers that she had been brutalized once and that she wouldn’t let it happen again,” Ondercin said.

Contact Joe Medici at 329-7152 or [email protected].

www.chroniclet.com/2007/06/29/this-time-no-taser-involved/

I'm all out of sympathy, all of a sudden.

She'll keep doing it until she kills another person, or herself.

Alcoholism is a terrible thing.
Link Posted: 1/22/2008 2:32:16 AM EDT
[#22]
As bad as that video was, I couldn't help but laugh when she fell and hit the chair.

bzzzzzzzzzzzt.....wham!

She'll feel that in the morning!
Link Posted: 1/22/2008 3:07:16 AM EDT
[#23]
Looks like the tazer might be making people lazy.  No need to subdue anyone anymore, we'll just tazer them.  
Link Posted: 1/22/2008 3:33:56 AM EDT
[#24]
"I can hear you breathing. Are YOU going to"... sue?

Bullshit. I emphasize the taser for police officers and am not going to scream take them away but I will agree that there are alot of cases where victims were wrongfully tasered. Other than that I think its a great toll to control a VIOLENT DANGEROUS subject.
Link Posted: 1/22/2008 3:37:23 AM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:
That officer was fired.

He needed it.  
Link Posted: 1/22/2008 3:41:07 AM EDT
[#26]
In many departments the taser is level one on the force continum.  The same level as verbal commands.
Link Posted: 1/22/2008 6:07:54 AM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:

Quoted:
That officer was fired.

Speaking as a guy who really likes his Taser, all I can say to his firing is, "Good."  Shit like that is what is going to get them taken away.

I agree, even though only our Sgts have them. Too many cops resort to the taser wayyyyyy too soon.

Looks like the tazer might be making people lazy. No need to subdue anyone anymore, we'll just tazer them.

Alot of it is because department are afraid to get sued if someone has to be physically restrained with force but it seems using the taser don't always help avoid lawsuits. BTW- Why was she front cuffed?
Link Posted: 1/22/2008 10:48:42 AM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:
Looks like the tazer might be making people lazy.  No need to subdue anyone anymore, we'll just tazer them.  

Define "Subdue."

Taser is considered less force than any hands on method in my agency.
Link Posted: 1/22/2008 11:02:15 AM EDT
[#29]
Being a drunk laying around your house is one thing. A serial DUI practitioner deserves the tazing.
Link Posted: 1/22/2008 11:18:05 AM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:

Quoted:
That officer was fired.

He needed it.  

He resigned, technically.

But ya.
Link Posted: 1/22/2008 11:57:12 AM EDT
[#31]
I'm genrally anti JBT, but that drunk, mouthy, white bitch getting tazed was awesome.
And a habitual drunk driver? Hell taze her in the cooter next time for all I care.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top