Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/21/2008 3:54:39 AM EDT
Poll incoming...
Link Posted: 1/21/2008 4:02:26 AM EDT
[#1]
To be perfectly honest with you, I don't understand the whole concept of a zombie (i.e., a reanimated corpse).  While I can see a recently deceased individual being injected with some super secret experimental government drug to enlist a new recruit for a virtual army of the dead, the ability of keeping them in action and mobile long after they start to decompose and brake leaves me sort of confused.

Who ever thought up the idea of the walking dead, anyway?  
Link Posted: 1/21/2008 4:05:55 AM EDT
[#2]
Freezing weather for zombies is as bad for them as for anything else.  However, as we all know, superficial damage doesn't really bother zombies, so while frostbite and such may slow them down a little, it won't stop them.

The only time cold can stop a zombie is when the cold freezes its brain.  On your back porch, leave a scoop of vanilla ice cream with chocolate syrup patterns over it to make it look like a brain.  The zombie will eat it and die.  Serves 1 zombie.
Link Posted: 1/21/2008 4:07:49 AM EDT
[#3]
Incredible.
Link Posted: 1/21/2008 4:08:37 AM EDT
[#4]
One word - Crorpse-sicle

Link Posted: 1/21/2008 4:19:09 AM EDT
[#5]
Eureka!!

Liquid Nitrogen Throwers!!
Link Posted: 1/21/2008 4:19:47 AM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 1/21/2008 4:20:39 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
Freezing weather for zombies is as bad for them as for anything else.  However, as we all know, superficial damage doesn't really bother zombies, so while frostbite and such may slow them down a little, it won't stop them.

The only time cold can stop a zombie is when the cold freezes its brain.  On your back porch, leave a scoop of vanilla ice cream with chocolate syrup patterns over it to make it look like a brain.  The zombie will eat it and die.  Serves 1 zombie.

Link Posted: 1/21/2008 4:27:20 AM EDT
[#8]
Even though their dead. They still have some kind of liquid in their systems. And with the lack of internal body heat, I would say that they would freeze solid. So for us up here in the great North, were safe.
Link Posted: 1/21/2008 4:34:38 AM EDT
[#9]
I don't remember if any of the training films addressed this situation
Link Posted: 1/21/2008 4:39:19 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
Even though their dead. They still have some kind of liquid in their systems. And with the lack of internal body heat, I would say that they would freeze solid. So for us up here in the great North, were safe.

Thatrs why Alaska was T-virus zombie free in RE III
Link Posted: 1/21/2008 4:54:15 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
To be perfectly honest with you, I don't understand the whole concept of a zombie (i.e., a reanimated corpse).  While I can see a recently deceased individual being injected with some super secret experimental government drug to enlist a new recruit for a virtual army of the dead, the ability of keeping them in action and mobile long after they start to decompose and brake leaves me sort of confused.

What are they teaching kids in school these days?

Zombies are the result of a curse which imprisons the soul of the victim, and allows the captor of the soul to control the now-dead flesh.
Link Posted: 1/21/2008 4:57:05 AM EDT
[#12]
It's amazing that most all of ARFCOM have voted the same thing...
Link Posted: 1/21/2008 5:01:45 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
It's amazing that most all of ARFCOM have voted the same thing...

We know our zombies pretty well. We will have to for when the outbreak happens.
Link Posted: 1/21/2008 5:03:48 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Catholics

Link Posted: 1/21/2008 5:06:18 AM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Catholics

Extremely doubtful. Zombie legends predate Christianity.
Link Posted: 1/21/2008 5:07:37 AM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

Kuolleiden talvi (Winter of the Dead)

www.imdb.com/title/tt0477748/
Link Posted: 1/21/2008 5:08:40 AM EDT
[#17]
Interesting concept, to the Box O Truth!
Link Posted: 1/21/2008 5:09:16 AM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Catholics

That was a joke, you know, the whole resurrection thing.

Link Posted: 1/21/2008 5:14:32 AM EDT
[#19]
www.youtube.com/watch?v=4giaX8tTL90

Nope, it's not discussed in the training video......

- Clint
Link Posted: 1/21/2008 5:20:48 AM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Catholics

That was a joke, you know, the whole resurrection thing.

Resurrection legends also predate Christianity.
Link Posted: 1/21/2008 5:21:47 AM EDT
[#21]
Just read World War Z.

Freezing cold was the best "clean up" weather
Link Posted: 1/21/2008 5:26:21 AM EDT
[#22]
I think that the cold would not affect them unless they are wet and then freeze and then it would either slow them down or freeze them completely. But only til they thaw.

my .02
Link Posted: 1/21/2008 5:27:04 AM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Kuolleiden talvi (Winter of the Dead)

www.imdb.com/title/tt0477748/

Well Damn -  My wife won't believe there is a Zombie movie I haven't seen, and Finnish too
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top