Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/20/2008 2:26:39 PM EDT
Just curious.  I've never messed with a serpa before so I am not sure exactly how tight they are to the weapon.  Could the lower end of one be opened up a bit to allow the weaponlight to be exposed while still keeping the rest of the holster intact?
Link Posted: 1/20/2008 2:27:59 PM EDT
[#1]
In my opinion as the owner of two of them, no.

SG
Link Posted: 1/20/2008 2:28:55 PM EDT
[#2]
Mine is very tight.  I don't see how it would work.  I don't have mine with me right now as I am on the other job right now.  If no one else chimes in I will take a look when I get home.
Link Posted: 1/20/2008 2:33:14 PM EDT
[#3]
No, the  retention mechanism would block the light whether the bottom was opened up or not.
Link Posted: 1/20/2008 2:33:25 PM EDT
[#4]
Because the latch mechanism locks onto the front of the trigger guard, no way.  
Link Posted: 1/20/2008 2:44:40 PM EDT
[#5]
Thanks for the replies.  I kinda figured that since I've never seen anyone mention it before it wasn't possible, but just had to ask.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top