Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/20/2008 12:17:39 PM EDT
I remember soembody here posting a few pics of UN marked vehicles in texas several years back and a few freaked. A few ignored it. A few opened another beer. A few loaded a couple mags, but most saw it as tin foil paranoia...

I'd seriously would probably dismiss it as training...
Link Posted: 1/20/2008 12:19:48 PM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:
I remember soembody here posting a few pics of UN marked vehicles in texas several years back and a few freaked. A few ignored it. A few opened another beer. A few loaded a couple mags, but most saw it as tin foil paranoia...

The UN that can't find it's own ass, let alone stop genocide in Darfur ?
Link Posted: 1/20/2008 12:21:17 PM EDT
[#2]
If Hillary is President when I see it......they are probably here to disarm us
Link Posted: 1/20/2008 12:21:41 PM EDT
[#3]
Send in the local ladies of the night.  UN missions are usually more interested in laying pipe with the local female population than in accomplishing some amorphous "mission".  Then steal their trucks while they are engaged.
Link Posted: 1/20/2008 12:21:47 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

The UN has no vehicles...

No troops...

No military capability...

Any 'UN-marked' vehicles you see were (back when we did alot of that thing) most likely US military equipment returning from service on a UN mission (like Bosnia/forker-Yugo, prior to it becoming a NATO thing, etc)....
Link Posted: 1/20/2008 12:30:30 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Quoted:

The UN has no vehicles...

No troops...

No military capability...

Any 'UN-marked' vehicles you see were (back when we did alot of that thing) most likely US military equipment returning from service on a UN mission (like Bosnia/forker-Yugo, prior to it becoming a NATO thing, etc)....

Exactly.

So I guess you can count me into the "open another beer" crowd.
Link Posted: 1/20/2008 12:33:41 PM EDT
[#6]
  Why worry about the UN...we have our own elected
officials to sell us out.
Link Posted: 1/20/2008 12:34:04 PM EDT
[#7]
I'd be in the "investigate further" camp.

Hopefully you'd hear back from me; if not...hopefully I'd go loudly and CNN would paint me as a gun crazy
Link Posted: 1/20/2008 12:41:57 PM EDT
[#8]
It would be just like any other day at work....

We unload / load UN marked crap all the time... Along with US military stuff too...

There is 15 or so UN marked Hummers sitting in the Maersk yard I was working at on Friday.. I saw a few over at the OOCL dock on Monday...

Spend some time down on the docks and this is an everyday thing.....
Link Posted: 1/20/2008 1:44:03 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Hopefully you'd hear back from me; if not...hopefully I'd go loudly and CNN would paint me as a gun crazy

I do not fire until fired upon, or there are other acts of war.

The UN uses our stuff all the time.  Rather, our forces and equipment are sent to do the UN's bidding and is marked as such.
Link Posted: 1/20/2008 1:44:51 PM EDT
[#10]
Send the Cloverfield monster after them
Link Posted: 1/20/2008 1:46:41 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
  Why worry about the UN...we have our own elected
officials to sell us out.

+100
Link Posted: 1/20/2008 1:49:07 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

So you'd shoot your fellow Americans over 2 letters painted on a US military vehicle?
Link Posted: 1/20/2008 1:58:26 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Quoted:

So you'd shoot your fellow Americans over 2 letters painted on a US military vehicle?

It would depend on their mission. After all it wouldn't be the first time we shot at each other. Would it.
Link Posted: 1/20/2008 5:14:04 PM EDT
[#14]
Geez. This talk reminds me of 1992.

Quoted:
Link Posted: 1/20/2008 5:33:37 PM EDT
[#15]

You mean these?

As you noticed, most of the vehicles are Humvees (excpet for the last picture which are white Russian made cargo trucks); whet you might want to check is the date on the fourth picture (10-11-95). Much hooplah, but no cigar.
Link Posted: 1/20/2008 5:35:52 PM EDT
[#16]
I'd ask if they had any surplus .308
Link Posted: 1/20/2008 5:39:30 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:
Send in the local ladies children of the night.  UN missions are usually more interested in laying pipe with the local female  child population than in accomplishing some amorphous "mission".  Then steal their trucks while they are engaged.

fixed
Link Posted: 1/21/2008 8:33:24 AM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I'd certainly consider it.

(Edit to add smiley)

But seriously, Dave, if they have blue helmets and UN on their vehicles, which are they, traitorous Americans or foreign invaders?  
Link Posted: 1/21/2008 10:03:57 AM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

Ain't skeered. Tank crews have to refuel and refit at some point... Someone will get them at some point. My friend John was in Vietnam and he said the most casualties his bas had were from the ladies in the chinese laundry that washed their clothes. Scorpions in their boots, and a buried set of mortar tubes got a lot of our guys..
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top