Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/20/2008 6:34:53 AM EDT
I just received my CHL last week and I have been looking at holsters and decided I wanted to have an IWB for good concealment, and no way in hell will I have a fanny pack, it's the ghey

Anyways, I find a holster in my parts box and I am not sure if this is an IWB holster or not, it does clip nicely on my belt. I don't even remember where I brought it When you CCW, do you have it exactly at your hips or closer to the front of your pants?

Keep in mind I am left handed and my selection is VERY limited. I was thinking about the Galco Summer IWB holster for my Sig P239, but it's about $54.

Link Posted: 1/20/2008 6:44:35 AM EDT
[#1]
When I carry my .45 I use a IWB holster.  I carry mine back behind the point of the hip bone, almost to the edge of my back pocket.  It seems to fit better there.  I'm left handed also, and  use a Wild Bill's holster.  It works fine.  
Link Posted: 1/20/2008 6:56:17 AM EDT
[#2]
You take a look at the Mitch Rosen line here Since he makes them when you order left hand version are the same price as the right hand one. I have the ARG for my Khar K9. The other holster I use is a cheap uncle mikes that the belt clip is reversable set up for a for Mexican carry (in the front by your junk).  The holster you have will work for that if that is a clip on belt loop
Link Posted: 1/20/2008 8:43:18 AM EDT
[#3]
bump for nooners
Link Posted: 1/20/2008 8:52:58 AM EDT
[#4]
Both of these fit in there, only IWB I have.

Link Posted: 1/20/2008 8:55:43 AM EDT
[#5]
C-TAC
Link Posted: 1/20/2008 8:56:16 AM EDT
[#6]
depending on your budget, comptac's mtac is the most comfortable iwb holster i've ever worn.  i carry an xd9 4" all the time and it's very comfortable.  i went through 3 or 4 cheap holsters before i broke down and bought the mtac.  wish i had just done it first thing, but that's how most people learn :)

ETA:  i wear mine at 3 oclock when i have to sit for a while, like at work.  if i'm going to be standing for any amount of time, i'll slide it back to about 4 oclock where it's more comfortable for standing.
Link Posted: 1/20/2008 8:56:47 AM EDT
[#7]
Versa-Max II

I'm a southpaw, and love it.
Link Posted: 1/20/2008 8:58:43 AM EDT
[#8]
I carry my G27 in a Galco IWB (lefty version):

Link Posted: 1/20/2008 9:00:03 AM EDT
[#9]
Being left handed doesnt limit you at all. Unless your into cheap crappy holsters. Bruce Nelson would be the best, but unfoutunetly he died a bit ago. Milt Sparks makes an excelent copy of IWB Summer Special and others. Mitch Rosen will make you a great holster. To the point ofyou going to his shop and working with you 1 on 1. You are going to pay more than 54.00 though
Link Posted: 1/20/2008 9:00:18 AM EDT
[#10]
DeSantis Cozy Partner IWB
XD-40

Even though the pics look like it's on my right side, It is my left hand side.

$89, on my doorstep in 1 week.

Link Posted: 1/20/2008 9:01:46 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
When I carry my .45 I use a IWB holster.  I carry mine back behind the point of the hip bone, almost to the edge of my back pocket.  It seems to fit better there.  I'm left handed also, and  use a Wild Bill's holster.  It works fine.  

+1

I have found a Vega works well with my Glock 26 and my Commander sized Kimber in the same position.  It is a soft leather that cushions the firearm - you almost forget that is there.
Link Posted: 1/20/2008 9:02:53 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
XD-40

i176.photobucket.com/albums/w161/PantherArms/DigitalCamera271.jpg?t=1200851898

i176.photobucket.com/albums/w161/PantherArms/DigitalCamera288.jpg?t=1200851977

i176.photobucket.com/albums/w161/PantherArms/DigitalCamera275.jpg?t=1200851950

How do you carry your curling iron concealed?  
Link Posted: 1/20/2008 9:05:24 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
depending on your budget, comptac's mtac is the most comfortable iwb holster i've ever worn.  i carry an xd9 4" all the time and it's very comfortable.  i went through 3 or 4 cheap holsters before i broke down and bought the mtac.  wish i had just done it first thing, but that's how most people learn :)

I have a M-TAC, C-TAC and a VersaMax II.

They are all excellent holsters. The top of the game. It's really just preference.

I have been carrying a Glock 19 in C-TAC for a couple year now. I like the way the gun 'clicks' into the holster. You don't get that with the M-TAC. I felt like I had to tighten the tension screws quite a bit to make me comfortable that the pistol wouldn't slip out.
Link Posted: 1/20/2008 9:08:15 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Quoted:
XD-40

i176.photobucket.com/albums/w161/PantherArms/DigitalCamera271.jpg?t=1200851898

i176.photobucket.com/albums/w161/PantherArms/DigitalCamera288.jpg?t=1200851977

i176.photobucket.com/albums/w161/PantherArms/DigitalCamera275.jpg?t=1200851950

How do you carry your curling iron concealed?  

Dont ask, dont tell.
Link Posted: 1/20/2008 9:13:54 AM EDT
[#15]
All of the above suggestions work; I also like Tucker Gunleather's The Answer for a good  IWB, though I am a righty.

One thing to consider...get something stiff that stays open; the VersaMax II and all the kydex offerings will fit that bill. Why? It makes re-holstering a LOT easier. The really thin leather or cloth IWB holsters are..well, really thin, but practice a draw..and then re-holster. If it takes more than 30 seconds to reholster and requires both hands...well, time to check something else out, IMO.

It doesn't seem like a big deal, but when you find yourself digging into your hip with a weapon trying to find the damn opening...and then mentally visualizing what would happen if it were loaded and/or your finger on the trigger..dunno about you, but hip replacement surgery before I can legitimatly say "I've fallen and I can't get up" does not appeal to me

Link Posted: 1/20/2008 9:17:29 AM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

Quoted:

They are all excellent holsters. The top of the game. It's really just preference.

I have been carrying a Glock 19 in C-TAC for a couple year now. I like the way the gun 'clicks' into the holster. You don't get that with the M-TAC. I felt like I had to tighten the tension screws quite a bit to make me comfortable that the pistol wouldn't slip out.

i've rolled around on the ground, ran, jumped, etc. and haven't ever had my xd slip out or even start to.  ymmv
Link Posted: 1/20/2008 9:18:55 AM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:
All of the above suggestions work; I also like Tucker Gunleather's The Answer for a good  IWB, though I am a righty.

One thing to consider...get something stiff that stays open; the VersaMax II and all the kydex offerings will fit that bill. Why? It makes re-holstering a LOT easier. The really thin leather or cloth IWB holsters are..well, really thin, but practice a draw..and then re-holster. If it takes more than 30 seconds to reholster and requires both hands...well, time to check something else out, IMO.

It doesn't seem like a big deal, but when you find yourself digging into your hip with a weapon trying to find the damn opening...and then mentally visualizing what would happen if it were loaded and/or your finger on the trigger..dunno about you, but hip replacement surgery before I can legitimatly say "I've fallen and I can't get up" does not appeal to me

The DeSantis has a "memory band" that helps it maintain shape.

Not as strong as Kydex, but it does stay open enough to reholster.
Link Posted: 1/20/2008 10:43:05 AM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

Quoted:

i did check out their VERY SLOW website and it doesn't look like they have lefthanded version for IWB
Link Posted: 1/20/2008 10:47:09 AM EDT
[#19]
C-T.A.C. and Instructor belt FTW.
Link Posted: 1/20/2008 10:49:09 AM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

i did check out their VERY SLOW website and it doesn't look like they have lefthanded version for IWB

Comp-Tac has left handed options for all of their IWB holsters.
Link Posted: 1/20/2008 12:06:27 PM EDT
[#21]
I just ordered a DeSantis IWB Companion holster I like the all leather.
Link Posted: 1/20/2008 12:14:07 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:
C-TAC

Ayup. I've been very happy with my CTAC.

I'm a leftie. 5'9", 170, no gut. Works great with a Glock 19 and conceals quite well.

Link Posted: 1/20/2008 1:31:15 PM EDT
[#23]
I am left eyed and carry left handed.

I use a Kramer #3 horsehide at 9:15.

Kind of old fashioned these days, but it fits me well.
Link Posted: 1/20/2008 2:38:14 PM EDT
[#24]
comp-tac c-t.a.c.
Link Posted: 1/20/2008 6:44:16 PM EDT
[#25]
Been using a Tucker Texas Heritage IWB, and have had no problems with it carrying my Sig 225.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top