Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/18/2008 5:30:38 AM EDT
I've been considering posting this for a while, and at this point the stupidity has gotten too strong to not. So listen up. I'm going to tell you who to vote for.

In the primaries, you should vote for:

THE PERSON YOU WANT TO BE THE PRESIDENT. PERIOD.

I don't care if you want Ron Paul, or Fred Thompson, or Romney, or Hillary, or Michael Jackson, or your next door neighbor, Phil. It doesn't matter. Vote for the person that YOU want to be the president. Not the person that the media says is electable, or not electable, or is a rock star, or got in too late, or too early.

Got it? Good.

In the general election, you should vote for:

THE PARTY NOMINEE THAT YOU WANT TO APPOINT SUPREME COURT JUSTICES. PERIOD.

If it's Hillary (D) v. McCain (R), you vote for Hillary, or you vote for McCain. Because one of those two are GOING to get to appoint SC Justices. After the primaries, if McCain gets the nomination, for example, Ron Paul CAN NOT WIN. Fred Thompson CAN NOT WIN. And it doesn't matter how badly you wish they could. You vote for the person that you want to appoint SC Justices.

All of you people who claim you wish you hadn't voted for Bush the second time around, think about this for a second. Bush got TWO SC appointments in his second term. TWO. Roberts, and Alito. Now look at the monumental case we have before the SC in Heller. Aren't you glad that Kerry didn't get to appoint those two seats? Because had he, we'd be in serious trouble right now. There are currently FOUR Justices who are over 70 years old, and one of those is over 80. The next President WILL get to appoint some Justices.

The President is NOT the only person up there in D.C. He is but ONE part of a THREE part system. But who the President is, and who is in congress, determines the makeup of Judicial branch. Like it or not, politics and government is a GAME. A very serious game, but a game nonetheless, and you MUST play it if you want to win. Electing a President that you may not like, but who will appoint Justices that run more along your beliefs is not selling out, and it's not compromising. It's good strategy, and it's how you win the game.
Link Posted: 1/20/2008 5:24:36 PM EDT
[#1]
Now that neither Fred Thompson nor Ron Paul stormed the gates, took a landslide 1st place in South Carolina, and beheaded all of the opposing candidates, I'm starting to see people threatening to do foolish things.

"I will most likely write Fred in."

"Fred or FIGHT"

The list goes on, and that's why I'm bumping this.

Maybe my post got lost in the shuffle, or maybe arfcom collectively thought I was full of shit and ignored it, but I feel it's worth bumping.

Guys, seriously. I know exactly how most of you feel. Unrepresented. But as I said before, you CAN NOT expect to win the game if you don't play by the rules.
Link Posted: 1/20/2008 5:48:26 PM EDT
[#2]
As a huge Fred supporter (still!), let me just say...

Amen!!!!!!!
Link Posted: 1/20/2008 5:53:00 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

Amen!!!!!!!

+1

Write in Fred and get Shillery
Link Posted: 1/20/2008 5:55:42 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

Amen!!!!!!!

+6.02*10^23
Link Posted: 1/20/2008 5:56:05 PM EDT
[#5]
You know you are right 100%.

BUT, it is a damned shame that we have to decide on the one single issue of SCOTUS picks. Somehow I don't think that is what the Founding Fathers envisioned with the division of powers.
Link Posted: 1/20/2008 8:54:38 PM EDT
[#6]
I don't see McVain getting the nomination.
Link Posted: 1/20/2008 8:56:57 PM EDT
[#7]
This election sucks for first time voters with my beliefs I tell you what.
Link Posted: 1/20/2008 9:00:34 PM EDT
[#8]
If Rudy doesn't gain any traction I think I can go with one of the other Republicans.

I'd rather it be Fred, but Hillary or Barak is just too scary to ignore.
Link Posted: 1/20/2008 9:17:03 PM EDT
[#9]
I intend to vote for the candidate with the nicest hair, I'm torn between Edwards and Romney.

Thompson's is very nice too, very retro.

I think I'll stick with him

Link Posted: 1/20/2008 9:21:41 PM EDT
[#10]
I will not hold my nose to vote again.

The amnesty fiasco and the brief to SCOTUS re Heller made me sick.
Link Posted: 1/20/2008 9:26:14 PM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 1/20/2008 9:32:39 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
www.cbsnews

Link Posted: 1/21/2008 4:01:05 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Somewhere out there, a Hillary supporter is grateful...
Link Posted: 1/21/2008 4:03:18 PM EDT
[#14]
I regret voting for Bush twice.

If we hadn't elected Bush, Fred or Ron may have had a chance.  

No, thank you.
Link Posted: 1/21/2008 4:03:50 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

Quoted:

oh no! not that! anything but that!
Link Posted: 1/21/2008 4:14:11 PM EDT
[#16]
Its not easy, in the Fla primary I don't like McCain, Romney or Rudy and in the general election time it snot Osama, Obama or Chelsea's momma, its a fucked situation.
Link Posted: 1/21/2008 4:18:07 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

Quoted:

And the people that sold out the Republican party are laughing their asses off at you.
Link Posted: 1/21/2008 4:56:35 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

And the people that sold out the Republican party are laughing their asses off at you.

How is that worse than being laughed at by the next Dem President?
Link Posted: 1/23/2008 2:03:16 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

How is that worse than being laughed at by the next Dem President?

Did I say one was worse than the other?  Let me shoot a question back at you.  What's more gay... getting assraped or taking it willingly just because they offered to use lube?
Link Posted: 1/23/2008 2:17:56 PM EDT
[#20]
Fine, I agree in principle.  But does anyone here honestly believe that McCain, Rudy or Mitt can be trusted to appoint conservative/constructionist justices?  Really?  McCain loves to screw conservatives, he's got a long history of it.  Mitt flip flops so much no one really knows what he believes in and Rudy can't keep a promise to his wife not to fuck around, how can I even begin to think he'll keep a promise to me?  Huckabee?  He talks a good game, but his past actions don't match his current rhetoric..

In other words, I don't want ANY of the candidates appointing SCOTUS justices.  Now what?
Link Posted: 1/23/2008 2:22:40 PM EDT
[#21]
I'm still going to vote for Fred.

Regardless.

There is really no lesser of two evils in the primary they all suck pretty bad.

I'll vote for the Republican in the General though.

Link Posted: 1/23/2008 2:24:52 PM EDT
[#22]
STOP TALKING SENSE!!!!!! IT HAS NO PLACE HERE!
Link Posted: 1/23/2008 2:25:20 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

No, thank you.[/quote
Link Posted: 1/23/2008 2:26:15 PM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:

No, thank you.
Link Posted: 1/23/2008 2:31:06 PM EDT
[#25]
I wish I could mark my ballot with a nice fresh turd.

All you Super Tuesday guys....................send those fucking RINOs a message please!

Either write in Fred or vote for uncle Ron, but don't vote for one of those cocksuckers in the primaries.  
Link Posted: 1/23/2008 2:33:37 PM EDT
[#26]
a vote for any candidate thats not the party nominee is essentially a vote for Hillary or Obama.

Plain and simple.
Link Posted: 1/23/2008 2:50:13 PM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:
a vote for any candidate thats not the party nominee is essentially a vote for Hillary or Obama.

Plain and simple.

A nice simplistic model of the world.  Too bad it doesn't work.  

If the Republican party totally abandons conservative principles, which it's well on it's way to doing, those principles are dead and will never rise again if we keep voting for one set of liberals in order to keep another set of liberals out of office.  

Sooner or later we'll have to find another party who embraces conservatism and shift our support to that party if we ever want to see the principles we all hold dear to rise to power American politics again.  

Link Posted: 1/23/2008 2:53:22 PM EDT
[#28]
Remember folks - there are no men who are above being just that:  Men - flesh and blood (well Hillary is a woman, er...human...uh...) anyway, their just men.

There is no perfect candidate - never has been, never will be.  At some point we are all forced to vote for the lesser of two evils because that is what government is.  A necessary evil.

Vote with the fact in mind that the Constitution is the law of the land, and it requires constant vigilance against even those who once sought to protect it but can or have been perverted.

Thats why we have a two term limit on the POTUS, balance of power and reelect Congress cyclically, and supposedly a limit the judiciary to ruling on constitutional issues and not making laws.

The next President will appoint Supreme Court justices who will serve FOR LIFE.
Thats damned important today.

Better to vote for Rudy or Mitt and fight the good fight to keep them in line by future votes for Congressmen and women to balance them or support them as the need may be.

But NEVER, NEVER lie down, stay home, give up and protest by not voting AS BEST AS YOU CAN!!!!!!!

Our history warns us not to do that, our present gives us opportunity to help direct our future, and our future for our kids and their kids demands that we carry on the fight.

I wanted Thompson - but I will not stay home or neglect to pick in the primary and cast a vote for the only party I can be at home at for now in the general election.  

No one can take that right away from me by force - for I will not allow it while I live - and for damn sure, I will not fail to exercise that right because it is blood bought.  A lackluster Republican is better to me than a Hillary or Obama Presidency.  Not voting because of a defeatist attitude just insures defeat.  

Just think about that.  

Link Posted: 1/23/2008 2:55:21 PM EDT
[#29]
  Free choice...how do you expect people to keep up with such
advanced and modern ideas?
Link Posted: 1/23/2008 2:56:55 PM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:

Amen!!!!!!!

Plus eleventy billion.

I will vote for Fred (still) in the primary here in Ohio.

I will vote for the Republican that wins the nomination in the general.
Link Posted: 1/23/2008 2:58:06 PM EDT
[#31]
The dumbest vote I ever cast was a " protest " vote for Ross Perot...

I got Clinton...

I'll NEVER do that again
Link Posted: 1/23/2008 3:08:22 PM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:

-SNIP the same old "SCOTUS pick" argument-

Just think about that.  

I do not trust the current R frontrunners to honor the constitution, why, oh why on earth should I expect them pick justices that will?  

Your argument is vacuous and reeks of the tow the party line shot that is spouted on both sides.  You might as well be giving a speech for Hillary to a bunch of Iron workers.  Evidence of everything that is wrong in American politics.
Link Posted: 1/23/2008 3:08:57 PM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Plain and simple.

If the Republican party totally abandons conservative principles, which it's well on it's way to doing, those principles are dead and will never rise again if we keep voting for one set of liberals in order to keep another set of liberals out of office.  

Sooner or later we'll have to find another party who embraces conservatism and shift our support to that party if we ever want to see the principles we all hold dear to rise to power American politics again.  

Ditto
Link Posted: 1/23/2008 3:13:52 PM EDT
[#34]
I will tell you a little secret about voting, vote for the person you believe will be the best President for what a President should be.

As of now the Republicans and Democrats are taking us to the same place one just a little quicker then the other.
Link Posted: 1/23/2008 3:57:34 PM EDT
[#35]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Plain and simple.

Dont get me wrong I would love to have a REAL conservative running for Prez but we can only vote on who we have been dealt.

All the current candidates have flaws but not to the extent that I would cast a protest vote to make a point and in doing so have Hillary or Obama become President.
Link Posted: 1/23/2008 5:31:28 PM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:

Quoted:

-SNIP the same old "SCOTUS pick" argument-

Just think about that.  

I do not trust the current R frontrunners to honor the constitution, why, oh why on earth should I expect them pick justices that will?  

Your argument is vacuous and reeks of the tow the party line shot that is spouted on both sides.  You might as well be giving a speech for Hillary to a bunch of Iron workers.  Evidence of everything that is wrong in American politics.

Currahee, I generally agree with you on things you say.  And I see your meaning here.  I don't disagree with you in principle  - but I tow no line.  
But I am a realist.  Tell me who you will vote for and how that will make a difference.  Not how "if all of us band together and vote for X" but who besides Ron Paul - who has no chance of picking up enough delegates to seriously challenge any democrat candidate - can you possibly vote for?

If Fred had run stronger, I would be voting for him.  Right now, the only disgruntled people talking about voting for third party candidates I hear are normally who I would consider Republican voters.  What does that tell you will happen if you don't vote or pull votes away from the Republican candidate?

As far as trusting them to appoint justices and judges who are constitutionalist/strict constructionists - I trust NO ONE.  If they don't - what would be the difference then if you and others stay home or write in obvious bricks and we have a Hillary/Obama presidency?

I had rather gamble on the Republican candidate.  At least there is a smidgen of a chance they will follow thru.

I share your disgust that there is not a clear strong conservative on the list now.  I too get sick of Bush and the RINOs - but until their is a viable candidate who offers more, what choice do you have than to stay home and fiddle while the US burns on election day?  

I can't say youdon't understand the election process because you may know quite a bit about it.  I just think you and I are on divergent paths of opinion here.    

Link Posted: 1/23/2008 6:04:49 PM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:

You're implying that a Republican President would be just as bad as a Dem - which is the kind of lame equivalence that would make any DUer proud...

Honestly, we need a new rule around here: You aren't allowed to whine about how bad the candidate choices are, unless you ALSO propose a rational alternative - and electing a Dem (either through action or inaction) to "teach the Republicans a lesson" doesn't qualify as rational...
Link Posted: 1/23/2008 6:37:24 PM EDT
[#38]

Quoted:

Quoted:

You're implying that a Republican President would be just as bad as a Dem - which is the kind of lame equivalence that would make any DUer proud...

Honestly, we need a new rule around here: You aren't allowed to whine about how bad the candidate choices are, unless you ALSO propose a rational alternative - and electing a Dem (either through action or inaction) to "teach the Republicans a lesson" doesn't qualify as rational...

Voting for someone without a "D" or "R" infront of their name does not make it a protest vote. It means you are a true American who can think for them selfs and dose not fall for the lies you are preaching.  
Link Posted: 1/23/2008 6:40:31 PM EDT
[#39]

Quoted:
I've been considering posting this for a while, and at this point the stupidity has gotten too strong to not. So listen up. I'm going to tell you who to vote for.

who is this clown?
must be a noob around here.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top