Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 11/1/2001 5:02:37 PM EDT
Link Posted: 11/1/2001 5:12:31 PM EDT
[#1]
Years ago, I got a similar looking gunbag from a local gunshow. The zipper was on the bottom/handle on top. I got home and checked to see if my Pre-ban Bushy would fit. I zipped it in and lifted the bag...
THE ZIPPER BLEW OUT AND DROPPED MY $1000 RIFLE ON THE FLOOR !
I was pissed, went back and returned it.
Now I make sure the zipper is on top, same as the handles, when I buy gunbags.
Link Posted: 11/1/2001 6:43:43 PM EDT
[#2]
Exactly.  That's the only reason I haven't bought one yet.  I haven't convinced myself that a zipper on the bottom is a good thing.

Other than that, it looks like a REALLY nice bag.  I dig the embroidered logo as well.

God Bless Texas
Link Posted: 11/1/2001 6:52:03 PM EDT
[#3]
I have had no problems with the zippers from Galati.

But the real star of the show is their # MP30 mag pouch.  Holds 6, each in separate pockets (no rattle), velcro closing flap on each, D-ring on each corner, adjustable shoulder strap.

The handiest way to carry loaded mags I have seen.
Link Posted: 11/1/2001 7:45:48 PM EDT
[#4]
I carry a heavy SKS in a Galati case just like that sans the cool logo.  Absolutely the coolest Christmas gift I've been given lately.  With a lighter AR, the zipper definitely won't be an issue.

If you want one, go for it asap!
Link Posted: 11/1/2001 7:49:27 PM EDT
[#5]
Dude what a great case.
After I get my knife I need one of these.
Link Posted: 11/1/2001 8:21:40 PM EDT
[#6]
[b][blue]"The Zippers from Galati"[/blue][/b]

OK. That just looks and sounds funny to  [i]me[/i]. [rolleyes]
Link Posted: 11/1/2001 8:27:01 PM EDT
[#7]
I've had a case just like that since 1992, never once has the zipper failed on me. The mag pouches are a nice touch nice too. Mine doesn't have that cool logo though.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top