BCM
User Panel

Posted: 11/1/2001 7:38:09 AM EDT
Daley seeks more gun control
This is a different time, mayor says
By Liam Ford
Tribune staff reporter
Published November 1, 2001

Mayor Richard M. Daley on Wednesday used the Sept. 11 terrorist attacks as justification to press for more restrictive Illinois gun laws and a state crackdown on people who make unfounded terrorist threats.

Daley announced the proposals after a City Council meeting in which he introduced the first proposed land acquisition for O'Hare International Airport expansion. At the meeting, aldermen unanimously approved a crackdown on city dog owners and new evacuation-plan requirements for Chicago's high-rise buildings.

Daley, an ardent gun-control advocate, said that even though guns were not used in the Sept. 11 attack, new gun regulations need to be passed. City attorneys are drafting legislation to require background checks on those who buy weapons at gun shows and to prohibit the sale of several types of semiautomatic military-style weapons to ordinary citizens. The legislation also would require that some types of military-style guns be registered with the state.

"This is different times. Sept. 11 is a different time," Daley said. "The Police Department thinks it's very important."
http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/local/chi-0111010158nov01.story?coll=chi%2Dnews%2Dhed
Link Posted: 11/1/2001 7:39:06 AM EDT
[#1]
Heads up Illinois, we live in some interesting times, and way things are, we are going to become crimials really soon.
c-rock
Link Posted: 11/1/2001 8:17:23 AM EDT
[#2]
Hey everybody in IL can move to a free state right!

Stand and fight or lose for sure.
Link Posted: 11/1/2001 8:24:26 AM EDT
[#3]
What a bastard, I guess 'HE' is going to try to disarm us.  Damn It!
Link Posted: 11/1/2001 8:29:06 AM EDT
[#4]
I could never have guessed that the mayor from a corrupt Chicago family, in bed with a corrupt political party, from one of the nation's most corrupt cities would ever show his true colors as a fascist. Heh.
< /sarcasm>
Link Posted: 11/1/2001 8:33:48 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

City attorneys are drafting legislation to require background checks on those who buy weapons at gun shows and to prohibit the sale of several types of semiautomatic military-style weapons to ordinary citizens. The legislation also would require that some types of military-style guns be registered with the state.]/

When is the last time they have had a Gun Show )a legal one) on Chicago?  

I wish this bastard would concentrate on being [b]Mayor[/b] of Chicago instead of King of Illinois - the Fascist Prick!
Link Posted: 11/1/2001 11:45:10 AM EDT
[#6]
F**king liberals never cease to amaze me.  This guy is a prime candidate to be hog food.  He is no better than the towel heads who have attacked our sovereignty.
Link Posted: 11/1/2001 11:55:42 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

Daley, an ardent gun-control advocate, said that even though guns were not used in the Sept. 11 attack, new gun regulations need to be passed.
View Quote

I'm SO proud of Richard daley!!!!!!! Way to go man!!!!!!! A definite breakthru!!!!!! A therapeutic step!!!!!!

FINALLY he has admitted and demonstrated that the typical Marxists legislative agenda has NOTHING to do with reality. "Even tho guns were NOT used, we need more gun laws."

Similar admissions we can hope to hear from him -

"Even tho there are MASSIVE abuses of welfare, we need to increase welfare spending."

"Even tho the environmentalists beleifs are pure crap, we need to fund them more."

"Even tho I'm a coke head idiot, you need to re-elect me."

I can't figger out who is stupider - him, or the whole of Chicago.

Link Posted: 11/1/2001 12:09:37 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

I can't figger out who is stupider - him, or the whole of Chicago.

View Quote

"I had been there before, and I remembered it well.  Chicago -- this vicious, stinking zoo, this mean-grinning, Mace-smelling boneyard of  a city; an elegant rockpile monument to everything cruel and stupid and corrupt in the human spirit." -- Hunter S. Thompson
Link Posted: 11/1/2001 12:10:09 PM EDT
[#9]
grandman, would you elaborate please, I've never heard this one before?

"Even tho I'm a coke head idiot, you need to re-elect me."

Link Posted: 11/1/2001 12:17:35 PM EDT
[#10]
In other counties with terrorist attacks, bombs seem to be the most common delivery system.

Either Daly has his head up his @-hole, or he's been smoking crack.
Link Posted: 11/1/2001 1:46:13 PM EDT
[#11]
Wow.  And I always thought Hunter Thompson was an overrated schmuck.  Time to re-evaluate.
Link Posted: 11/1/2001 3:35:42 PM EDT
[#12]
btt cause I do not want Illinois to become like Cali.
c-rock
Link Posted: 11/1/2001 3:40:00 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
What a bastard, I guess 'HE' is going to try to disarm us.  Damn It!
View Quote

Let 'em bring it the fuck on. We're the ones with the guns.
Link Posted: 11/1/2001 4:32:05 PM EDT
[#14]
Like Father, Like Son. All you have to do is grease his palms, like they did his old man, and he'll slack off.
Link Posted: 11/1/2001 4:57:55 PM EDT
[#15]
Chairborne...you must have missed HST's writings from 1967 thru 1985 or so.  Hunter Thompson used to have a large Jones for firearms.

When not coked up into a liberal fascist screed he's pretty funny about guns.  There are pics of him in his backyard shooting barrels filled with dynamite.

His best pro-gun rhetoric usually involves ranting against real estate developers best known as greedheads.

Anyway enjoy a few of his writings and see if you don't laugh a lot.

BTW my son is sorta' named after HST.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top