Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/31/2001 12:36:33 PM EDT
Interesting note, I just found out that 2/11 Infantry Rgt. at Fort Benning (an infantry unit) also uses the motto Semper Fidelis.
Link Posted: 10/31/2001 2:44:40 PM EDT
[#1]
More Damn Wannabee's!![}:D]

Oh Well, Welcome aboard!![:D]

Semper Fi

Dave
Link Posted: 10/31/2001 9:48:42 PM EDT
[#2]
In the Army young and old they all want to wear my red an gold!   Often imitated, never duplicated.....U.S.M.C.!

SEMPER FI!        [marines]    
Link Posted: 10/31/2001 9:51:31 PM EDT
[#3]
When the army and the navy look on heavens scene they will find the gates are guarded by the United States Marines!
Link Posted: 11/1/2001 2:08:57 AM EDT
[#4]
OUTSATANDING. oo-friggin-rah!  Nov 10 is coming up i trust you all will celebrate accordingly. some other former hardchargers in my office get a cake, cut it with a mameluke on company time then go have beers after work. so the Army has hijacked the motto of my Beloved Corps...im not suprised. we all know what Army stands for

Arent
Really
Marines
Yet
Link Posted: 11/1/2001 6:29:31 AM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 11/1/2001 7:00:31 AM EDT
[#6]
[img]http://users.aol.com/k412rvn1/k412/flagwavr.gif[/img]God bless the United States of America, and success to the Corps![img]http://users.aol.com/k412rvn1/k412/flagwavr.gif[/img]
Link Posted: 11/1/2001 8:13:57 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Interesting note, I just found out that 2/11 Infantry Rgt. at Fort Benning (an infantry unit) also uses the motto Semper Fidelis.
View Quote

How long have they been using our motto?
Link Posted: 11/1/2001 9:09:52 AM EDT
[#8]
marines are really a bunch of squids trying to be Army.

THATS BLASPHEMY!!!We'll have to tear off your fingernails now...
Link Posted: 11/1/2001 9:44:37 AM EDT
[#9]
The 11th Infantry Regiment was established on 20 August 1863 and the motto "Semper Fidelis" was bestowed upon them by Abraham Lincoln himself.
Link Posted: 11/1/2001 9:47:18 AM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 11/1/2001 10:55:06 AM EDT
[#11]
[b]Check fire! Check fire, Charlie One Alpha.[/b]
I have fast movers inbound with snake and nape to {insert CPL_Punishment's current AO}. Echo Six Sierra standing by to provide bomb damage assessment, over.

[-=(_)=-]
Link Posted: 11/1/2001 11:00:55 AM EDT
[#12]
If it wasn't for the Navy, most of you would have no secure base in which to strike from, over.

Go Navy!
Link Posted: 11/1/2001 12:09:02 PM EDT
[#13]
10 November I will be in the bush for opening day here in Missouri.  Also up to my eyeballs in non-hackers.  1 squid, one former army, two semi-liberals, and a solid catholic friend who couldn't go green due to flat feet (!?!)  Oh well, HAPPY BIRTHDAY BROTHER DEVIL-DOGS!!!  p.s.  Just heard on the radio that some grunts from my old boat, the Peliliue (spelling? been a while) just deployed to an unknown location.  Raghead lunch anyone.  HOO-RAH!!!
Link Posted: 11/1/2001 10:10:13 PM EDT
[#14]
we dont copy much from the the Army. Definitely not FMs.(compare the army m16 FM to the marine corps FM) and as for equipment...we like to think we let the army absorb R&D costs and field test it. then we take over their throughly tested and broken in eqp! we dont tight roll out trousers and tuck them in, we blouse over the boot, we dont wear our cammies to the mall, we dont have to wear gloves with the field jacket, and EVERY MARINE A RIFLEMAN!!!!

happy 226th
Link Posted: 11/1/2001 10:16:33 PM EDT
[#15]
I wanted to be a marine, but they found out my mom and dad were married. Go Army![:D]
Link Posted: 11/2/2001 4:48:50 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
The 11th Infantry Regiment was established on 20 August 1863 and the motto "Semper Fidelis" was bestowed upon them by Abraham Lincoln himself.
View Quote

Not nearly old enough. The Marine Corps was founded in 1775. Old age wins & all that.
Link Posted: 11/2/2001 5:17:04 PM EDT
[#17]
Marines don't have to go through army basic, so if he was in basic he wasn't a former Marine, so it is a case of him lying.

The only FM that the Marine Corps uses that are from the army are the ones that the Army is the proponent agency on.  However in most cases, there are a lot of Marines at the Army doctrinal centers that end up doing a lot of the work, I know I was one of them.

Link Posted: 11/3/2001 1:21:23 AM EDT
[#18]
Engineers are not Scout-Snipers; they all come from the infantry ranks.  In experimentation done by the Corps in regard to marksmanship standards, it was found that taken two groups of experts from both services, those from the army had difficulty qualify on the Marine KD course of fire, those from the Marine Corps although they may not have fired expert on the army course did all qualify.
Link Posted: 11/3/2001 3:06:48 AM EDT
[#19]
CPl
I was an OBC instructor, LTs come to OBC qualified from either OCS, advanced camp or USMA they didn't qualify with weapons at OBC.

Although many claim to be Scout-Snipers, most of those claim are false.  The facts are that around 50 percent of those that are sent to either divisions schools or the school in Quantico fail.  In the past you could have be in a Scout Sniper Plt or in the old term STA, without being a Scout-Sniper, those that have not gone to the MOS school were there to get training prior to going to school.
Link Posted: 11/4/2001 3:15:55 AM EDT
[#20]
Yes the title "advance course" has been changed to Capt Career Course. The army thought if they changed the name, than more Capt would want to make a career of it.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top