[#1]
Nothin?

Sheesh...
Link Posted: 1/7/2008 1:27:11 PM EDT
[#2]
It needs a Door Gunner.
Link Posted: 1/7/2008 1:30:03 PM EDT
[#3]

I have to admit that I think they look really fun...my son loves helicopters but is too small for one...I'm thinking that I might have to get one to entertain him with.
Is that the $60 RF air hog one?
Link Posted: 1/7/2008 1:41:06 PM EDT
[#4]
Wht is that yellow stuff dripping down the corner of the room?

Never mind I really don't want to know...Nice Choppa!
Link Posted: 1/7/2008 1:49:20 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
I have to admit that I think they look really fun...my son loves helicopters but is too small for one...I'm thinking that I might have to get one to entertain him with.

No--it's a 200 dollar E-Flite Blade CX2... Bit more controllable than the Airhog choppers.
Link Posted: 1/7/2008 1:50:10 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
Wht is that yellow stuff dripping down the corner of the room?

Never mind I really don't want to know...Nice Choppa!

Cobwebs. Sorry-haven't been up on all the cleaning what with the 3 back surgeries this past year...
Link Posted: 1/7/2008 1:51:59 PM EDT
[#7]
I'll upload some pics later if the OP doesn't mind
Link Posted: 1/7/2008 1:52:52 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
I'll upload some pics later if the OP doesn't mind

Be my guest-I love flying things!
Link Posted: 1/7/2008 1:53:11 PM EDT
[#9]
I cut my hair with a helicopter.

(Well, the wife says it looks that way, anyhow.)
Link Posted: 1/7/2008 1:53:19 PM EDT
[#10]
how hard is that thing to fly?  I want one!
Link Posted: 1/7/2008 1:56:37 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
how hard is that thing to  fly    HIT?  I want one!
Link Posted: 1/7/2008 1:59:23 PM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 1/7/2008 2:00:53 PM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 1/7/2008 2:02:23 PM EDT
[#14]
Dammit.... I told myself last month" you don't need an electric heli" now ya went and made me want one all over again. I've really been tossing the idea around of picking one up to play with in the house and back yard... I just can't see the wife going along with me flying my raptor in the living room of course after I chase her around the house with an electric heli she may not like it either
Link Posted: 1/7/2008 2:04:14 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:
Dammit.... I told myself last month" you don't need an electric heli" now ya went and made me want one all over again. I've really been tossing the idea around of picking one up to play with in the house and back yard... I just can't see the wife going along with me flying my raptor in the living room of course after I chase her around the house with an electric heli she may not like it either

I have almost bought an E-Sky Belt-CP RTF almost a dozen times this month.  I keep trying to hold out for my tax refund.  Dammit.

ETA -  There is a video on the internet of some idiot flying his Raptor in the living room.  Not very big and about 5 people in there at the same time.  Stupid with two O's.

SBG  
Link Posted: 1/7/2008 2:04:53 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:
If you could rig that thing to shoot rockets at cats...I would be all over it.

Hmm well, it is electrically controlled, so if you could get a electric igniter of some kind...
Link Posted: 1/7/2008 2:08:16 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

Quoted:
how hard is that thing to  fly    HIT?  I want one!

If the aerial targets I fly for the Big Sandy shoot are any indication, this thing would be about impossible if it was further than 100 feet out...
Link Posted: 1/7/2008 2:10:05 PM EDT
[#18]
Hope you don't end up with lots of gouges in your drywall and an expenive list of replacement parts like I did with my Shogun clone in the living room.
Link Posted: 1/7/2008 2:12:19 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:
how hard is that thing to fly?  I want one!

At first, they're hard. Especially if you've been flying RC fixed wing and base everything off forward movement, but then one day it just *clicks* in your head. Then you get overconfident and crash...
Link Posted: 1/7/2008 2:13:44 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:
Hope you don't end up with lots of gouges in your drywall and an expenive list of replacement parts like I did with my Shogun clone in the living room.

Replacement blades are cheap and I upgraded to the aluminum rotorhead parts. Also, I don't crash into walls...
Link Posted: 1/7/2008 2:17:20 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

Look into the IRCWCC. They take R/C battleships, stick BB guns on them, then go out on a pond and try to sink each other. Looks fun as shit.

Anyways, you could probably easily adapt that BB gun onto a heli....

http://www.ircwcc.org/
Link Posted: 1/7/2008 2:18:22 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

I'm pretty sure it wouldnt be too hard to rig a mosquito model rocket under it on a launch rod with a remote operated ignitor.
Link Posted: 1/7/2008 2:20:05 PM EDT
[#23]
A friend of mine's first RC heli.

After some months he wanted the real deal (electric) so he got this.

First time flying it indoors...

... not such a good idea

Link Posted: 1/7/2008 2:21:02 PM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I'm pretty sure it wouldnt be too hard to rig a mosquito model rocket under it on a launch rod with a remote operated ignitor.

Except there are no extra channels on the transmitter, and launching a rocket in the house is a no-no. My wife's pretty tolerant of my antics, but the last time I did something that generated fireballs in the house, she was less than amused.
Link Posted: 1/7/2008 2:25:35 PM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Replacement blades are cheap and I upgraded to the aluminum rotorhead parts. Also, I don't crash into walls...

i bent my main rotor shaft

Yah helps if you can stay clear of obstacles.

But then again, counter-rotating is much easier to maneuver...
Link Posted: 1/7/2008 3:16:14 PM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:

Quoted:

In that vein, I present THIS VIDEO:

Enjoy!
Link Posted: 1/7/2008 3:40:09 PM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

i bent my main rotor shaft

Yah helps if you can stay clear of obstacles.

But then again, counter-rotating is much easier to maneuver...[;D]

Yep. Had a first gen Blade CP-that thing was TWITCHY.

I console myself about my easy helicopter choice by flying aerial targets at the largest machine gun shoot in the US, in 40-50 mph winds, day and night....

Big Sandy Shoot

200+ people shooting at your plane and being pelted with hot brass while trying to trim a plane that's doing its maiden flight (occasionaly loaded with binary explosives) generally ups the difficulty level....
Link Posted: 1/7/2008 3:40:55 PM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:

Quoted:

No--it's a 200 dollar E-Flite Blade CX2... Bit more controllable than the Airhog choppers.

No kididng.  I have a CX sitting in my closet ever since the battery quit on me.  They are 200x more fun than airhogs.
Link Posted: 1/23/2008 4:17:26 AM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

No kididng.  I have a CX sitting in my closet ever since the battery quit on me.  They are 200x more fun than airhogs.

Go get another pack-they're only 25 bucks...
Link Posted: 1/23/2008 4:23:26 AM EDT
[#30]
My nephew got one of the tiny Air Hog jobbies for Christmas. That thing was a blast!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top