BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/3/2001 3:09:38 PM EDT
How do i post a pic?
Link Posted: 3/3/2001 11:10:48 PM EDT
[#1]
It's easier than you think.

1.) The picture you want to post has to be online already, as you are going to use an URL to point to it.  I think most people use [url]www.photopoint.com[/url].  It lets you upload pictures, and then gives you a link that you will be using here on ar15.com

2.) Once your picture is uploaded, and you have copied the address of where it "lives" in photopoint, you can paste it within the body of a message.  

3.) Just pasting it isn't enough, as it will just show up as text.  You need to put some code in around it to let the message board know to go and retrieve the picture.  Use: ['img]www.photopoint.com/whateverthelinkis['/img]  

I had to put in the ' so that it would display, but you will be entering the bracket-img-bracket without '.  

You can refer to the proper sytax on the link "Board Code" when you are typing your message... a little window pops up with an example.

Bet ya' didn't know this computer stuff would be sooooo much fun?
Link Posted: 3/3/2001 11:31:13 PM EDT
[#2]
Good explanation, ZOL! (A HELL of a lot better than mine woulda been)
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top