Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/30/2001 5:07:19 PM EDT
Hey, Im going to spain over thanksgiving to see my sister, who is currently involved in a study abroad program with U of I, and I decided I want to get a tattoo.

I want to get something that represents freedom.  I was thinking of just getting "freedom" on my right shoulder, with a design behind it.

I know I will never regret getting a tattoo that involves freedom, because the day I regret having freedom or the day I no longer stand for it, well, the tattoo will be the least of my problems.

What I need is your advice on a good representation of freedom, be it a symbol, or a design to place "behind" the word freedom.

Location wise, I am thinking right shoulder.  Any other ideas?
Link Posted: 10/30/2001 5:13:01 PM EDT
[#1]
Eagle
Link Posted: 10/30/2001 5:14:31 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 10/30/2001 5:23:22 PM EDT
[#3]
Check out Rockabillydating.com. They're selling a t-shirt on there, with the proceeds going to one of the 9-11 charities.

It's a pretty cool design, definetely tattoo worthy. Just depends on what your into though (of course). It's a kind of an old school, 1950ish kind of design, with an American flag. And you could always embelish it with the word "Freedom" somewhere. Check it out and see what you think. At least it would be something that is different than what everyone and their brother has.

Either way, good luck, and make sure to have somebody good do the work. It's worth it to pay the extra bucks. Take it from me, I've learned the hard way.
Link Posted: 10/30/2001 5:26:50 PM EDT
[#4]
Do you guys have any ideas of websites to look at to get pictures of an Eagle?  I love the idea of the Eagle, I was thinking maybe with a banner coming from his mouth, with a nice phrase involving freedom.  I was thinking "Freedom shall never die", any thoughts?  I have given it alot of thought, and have decided as long as it involves freedom, I would love to make it a part of me.

I just hope the guy doesnt screw up the english words...
Link Posted: 10/30/2001 5:34:25 PM EDT
[#5]
Use the tattoo as a money making; or other types of winnings, opportunity. Get YOUR NAME tattooed on your ass. Bet people; especially chicks, "hey, I'll bet you that I have your name tattooed on my ass". You decide on the stakes.
Link Posted: 10/30/2001 6:31:26 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 10/30/2001 6:35:28 PM EDT
[#7]
May be typical of me, since I ride one, but Harley-Davidson has been a symbol of freedom for nearly 100 years.  It is recognized the world over for what it stands for.  I myself have the bar-and-shield design with the eagle wings, and I do not regret it one bit.
Link Posted: 10/30/2001 6:53:03 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 10/30/2001 7:58:10 PM EDT
[#9]
I'm seriously think of getting this one done.

[img]pstr-m02.ygpweb.aol.com/data/00F/1F/7F/54/1F/ZE50wrYrjQH1q61-+yfbO3gMzMnaL-uU0180.jpg[/img]
Link Posted: 10/30/2001 8:41:27 PM EDT
[#10]
If you like the EAGLE idea, then this is the coolest picture of an eagle I've ever seen...maybe with an AMERICAN FLAG behind it, and/or 9 11 2001, or something like that...
[img]www.ar15.com/members/albums/BusMaster007%2FEAGLE%2520TOWERS%2520LARGE%2520IMAGE%2Ejpg[/img]
Link Posted: 10/30/2001 8:53:14 PM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 10/30/2001 9:34:17 PM EDT
[#12]
Just remember the questions the cops will ask.

" Maam did he have any tatoos or identifying marks? "
Link Posted: 10/30/2001 9:39:53 PM EDT
[#13]
you might wanna get it done stateside as euros are none too hip on americans.we are way too politically uncorrect. dont be in a hurry as itll be there for life. pick something traditional and beautiful,as the years go by,youll hardly notice it but others will.
Link Posted: 10/31/2001 12:09:00 AM EDT
[#14]
Tattoo,

You have mail
Link Posted: 10/31/2001 3:18:41 AM EDT
[#15]
Take your time picking something out. Just when you think you know what you want, sit on it a few days. Though you can get tattoos lasered off now with no scars, its expensive and extremely painful I am told. Also most important is take your time picking an artist. Ask to see his/her pictures of previous work. Pay attention to the lines of detail. There are alot of sloppy artists out there but as a first timer you might not realise it. With that said, I have been kicking around my next tatt being a wavy American Flag with the NYC Skyline shaded in behind it with God Bless America. I liked the God Bless America text because right now it is a saying that is controversial only to those people I would not want to be involved with. So I figured if asked when I show the tattoo and someone comments on it their comments will show what type of person they are, and whether they deserve a punch in a face lol! [:D]
Link Posted: 10/31/2001 4:03:21 AM EDT
[#16]
I'd like to second what Drock said.  Speaking as one who has a fair amount of ink, there's a lot that can go wrong.  You need to have a better relationship with your tattooist than with your doctor or lawyer....it's not a thing to be done by someone you just met yesterday, in a foreign land.  Think about it: if something goes to hell with the job you are gonna do what?  Go back to Spain and .....?  Stay local..stay with someone who has a vested interest in your being happy with the work.
Link Posted: 10/31/2001 4:41:20 AM EDT
[#17]
You can't go wrong with an eagle and flag.
Add a ribbon with a motto, clutched in his claws.
Don't get it on your shoulder, be a man.
Get it on your bicep.
Link Posted: 10/31/2001 8:57:44 AM EDT
[#18]
eagle with DONT FUCK WITH THE USA
Link Posted: 10/31/2001 2:41:16 PM EDT
[#19]
Don't do it. Want to do something patriotic? Buy a t-shirt or bumper sticker. I got a beautiful Eagle tattoo when I was 19. Even though it is some of the best work I've seen (Adam Kaplan, Mt. Vernon, NY, voted among the ten best in the world), I recommend you don't get one.
My 21 month old son is fascinated with my tat, and I, quite frankly, am ashamed to have disfigured my body.
Yeah chicks thought it was cool, my buds thought it was cool, I thought it was cool....
All that "coolness" wears off, I really wish I'd have just bought a damn t-shirt.
Use the money you save on more ammo or mags for your AR.
Just my $.02
Robert
Link Posted: 10/31/2001 3:13:27 PM EDT
[#20]
I got my one and only tattoo when I was 41 and have never regretted it. It is a coiled rattlesnake over the words "Liberty or Death". I did a rough design and then the artist took over and made the custom stencil. Think I may get another one on my left arm some day.
Link Posted: 10/31/2001 3:20:10 PM EDT
[#21]
I like this
[img]http://www.interesting.com/stories/gadsden/images/gadsden-flap.gif[/img]

Ybbeat
Link Posted: 10/31/2001 3:20:25 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
I got my one and only tattoo when I was 41 and have never regretted it. It is a coiled rattlesnake over the words "Liberty or Death". I did a rough design and then the artist took over and made the custom stencil. Think I may get another one on my left arm some day.
View Quote

Uhoh be careful dont get the tattoo bug! They can become addicting. Hmm that arm looks funny without a tattoo... think I'll add something... I have 5 tattoos and have no regrets. The funny thing is right now today you can have laser treatment and it will remove the entire tattoo with no scaring or surgery. Just imagine when im old and wrinkly what might be available should I ever (doubt it) change my mind about them.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top