Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/30/2001 12:26:07 PM EDT
After a 3 year relationship and a 2 yr old son,I'm getting the boot.I'm still not very clear on her reasons,but I believe its hormonal.The good part is that my son is going with me.Until I can spring for a computer,my internet access will be limited,so,my visits will be short and alot less frequent,take care everyone and I'll be back when I can.[BD] bruised but not beaten!
Link Posted: 10/30/2001 12:28:48 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 10/30/2001 12:31:10 PM EDT
[#2]
You're lucky he's going with you, but it's too bad she won't be around much for him.  I hope everything works out for you.  Chin up!!
Link Posted: 10/30/2001 12:36:32 PM EDT
[#3]
The best of luck to you, I know how it feels. Got the same message two weeks ago after living together for 7 years. There are no children involved for which I am thankfull in hindsight.

Someone on this board here said it best when he told me a heart won't break, it will bruise and scar. But it will heal.

Take it easy and come back here if you have the chance.

Kuiper
Link Posted: 10/30/2001 12:39:54 PM EDT
[#4]
Thanks guys,She works long hours but I think she will make an effort to see him some everyday.She's a good mom,but I'm a better one.Until he came along,I was never around kids but since he came into the world I spend all of my time with him[when I'm not working].I also kept my old house and after a quick renovation he and I will be moving in.
Link Posted: 10/30/2001 1:19:07 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 10/30/2001 3:23:05 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 10/30/2001 3:32:30 PM EDT
[#7]
I'm sorry to hear of your problem.  You have will have a harder problem when your son gets older, right now it probably "kind of" easy.  Try your local library to see if you can get free internet access.
Link Posted: 10/30/2001 3:37:53 PM EDT
[#8]
Good luck.
Link Posted: 10/30/2001 3:39:06 PM EDT
[#9]
... we won't give up your spot here!
Link Posted: 10/30/2001 7:15:30 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
After a 3 year relationship and a 2 yr old son,I'm getting the boot.I'm still not very clear on her reasons,but I believe its hormonal.The good part is that my son is going with me.Until I can spring for a computer,my internet access will be limited,so,my visits will be short and alot less frequent,take care everyone and I'll be back when I can.[BD] bruised but not beaten!
View Quote

Hey If you can come up with a monitor,keyboard, and mouse I will build you a computer out of junk I have laying around. It wont play Quake III but it will give you internet access.
Link Posted: 10/30/2001 7:20:26 PM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 10/30/2001 7:20:45 PM EDT
[#12]
Take the computer, and her credit cards, too.

If she dont wanna be with you, tell her to get the fuck out.
Link Posted: 10/30/2001 7:25:10 PM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 10/30/2001 7:34:18 PM EDT
[#14]
Good luck JOHNO.

I had the same happen to me once....no kids..........which is good I suppose but you will survive and you know you are always welcome here on the forum.

I would like to address your usage of the word "hormonal".  While I am certainly not a party to your individual situation and therefore not privvy to all the goings on between you and your wife I seem to recall using the same term when my ex....um......how shall I put it?.........went plumb ape-shit crazy!!

Depression, bi-polar, anxiety, stress, hormonal, chemical imbalance and other various and sundry terms may very well be applicable in many many cases such as this but in my own particular case, and others as well I have found (many others to be exact) behavior that causes us to come up with such excuses is quite often well within the control of the other party.  My wife was cheating on me and had been for 2 years......some "imbalance huh".......mattress dancing imbalance more like!!!

Perhaps there is more here than meets the eye.

Sounds like your head is in the right place (your son) so I would suggest a quite exit.

Come back when you get the chance.
Link Posted: 10/30/2001 8:17:20 PM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 10/30/2001 8:26:45 PM EDT
[#16]
Sorry to hear about your troubles. In my third marriage myself. Lost one to mood swings.Hope you can work it out.
Link Posted: 10/31/2001 12:53:43 PM EDT
[#17]
tc6969,Beer_slayer thanks for the offers but I've still got limited access.Thanks everyone else for your words of encouragement and support.The closer I come to having the old house ready,it seems,the nicer she is becomming.Hell,I even got a GREAT HUMMER last night!Its enough to confuse a man.
Link Posted: 10/31/2001 1:03:11 PM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 11/1/2001 8:17:14 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Hell,I even got a GREAT HUMMER last night!
View Quote

You should break up more often, and for God's sake [b]DON'T[/B] get married.  LOL  [:D]
View Quote
...you got a Great Hummer? WHAT SHE UP TO ? [;)] DO NOT GET MARRIED,you'll never get another.
Link Posted: 11/2/2001 1:53:24 AM EDT
[#20]
We moved out yesterday,I guess I caught her in a weak moment the other night.Says she needs some time to get herself sorted out.Life goes on.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top