Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/29/2001 11:25:11 AM EDT
Looking for MRE's, where is the best place to buy them and what are they running?

Thanks.
Link Posted: 10/29/2001 11:46:26 AM EDT
[#1]
Have you ever eaten an MRE?  If so, and you still want to buy them, check with Cheaper Than Dirt, as I think they carry them.  I'd rather just buy freeze dried hiking food.

God Bless Texas
Link Posted: 10/29/2001 11:46:29 AM EDT
[#2]
$49.50 from Meyers

Fast delivery, new production, deluxe meals

Don't forget the heaters.

[url]http://www.meyerscustomsupply.com/Merchant2/merchant.mv? [/url]

others:

[url]www.nitro-pak.com [/url[

[url]www.nitro-pak.com[/url]
Link Posted: 10/29/2001 11:56:38 AM EDT
[#3]
Why buy them? Join the Army and you'll get 'em for free!
Link Posted: 10/29/2001 12:21:33 PM EDT
[#4]
You can buy MRE's off of e-bay.  They are usually pretty reasonable
Link Posted: 10/29/2001 12:39:30 PM EDT
[#5]
Watch the Ebay stuff (and even some stores).

Alot of this was bought for Y2K, which means 98~99 production (hopefully) and unknown storage condition.  They *might* be trashed already.

On the other hand, the charts show new production stored at 70 degrees (my home temp year round) are good for 100 months!

see [url]http://www17.addr.com/~mcs-i/Merchant2/merchant.mv?Screen=CTGY&Store_Code=mcs1&Category_Code=MM[/url] for effects of storage temp on storage life.
Link Posted: 10/29/2001 12:42:09 PM EDT
[#6]
If you were a refugee in the Afghani desert, they'd be fallin from the sky all around you.

Courtesy of all us taxpayers, that is.
Link Posted: 10/29/2001 12:50:52 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Watch the Ebay stuff (and even some stores).

Alot of this was bought for Y2K, which means 98~99 production (hopefully) and unknown storage condition.  They *might* be trashed already.

On the other hand, the charts show new production stored at 70 degrees (my home temp year round) are good for 100 months!

see [url]http://www17.addr.com/~mcs-i/Merchant2/merchant.mv?Screen=CTGY&Store_Code=mcs1&Category_Code=MM[/url] for effects of storage temp on storage life.
View Quote

I just bought a couple of cases of MRE's from Ebay.  One for the RV and the other for the SHTF cabinet.

Both have inspection dates of 9/03 and are the new production tan bags with heaters.  I got one case each Menu A and Menu B.

Total with shipping to my doorstep was 53 bucks each.

DO NOT, I repeat, DO NOT try to eat the black bean burrito vegetarian meal.  This isn't suitable for consumption by any carbon based life life form.
Link Posted: 10/29/2001 12:58:45 PM EDT
[#8]
Just like desertRider said as long as it is in a Tan bag it should be good for as long as you need them.  I would not worry about old ones too much, when I was in the Military I was eating ones that were 15 years old and I guess I turned out ok
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top