Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/28/2001 4:03:55 AM EDT
Hello,

I am considering picking these up and wanted to get some of your thoughts on the highest price you would spend on them.

(3) bandoleers of U.S. Military issue M193 55 Gr. Ball (FMJ) ammunition in 5.56mm caliber. Each bandoleer contains 120 rounds for a total of 360 rounds. Lake City manufactured this ammo in 1992.

Each bandoleer contains (4) boxes of ammunition and a speed loader for M16/AR15 magazines. Each box contains (3) stripper clips of 10 rounds each (30 rounds per box).

Also taking any thoughts on better deals or better m193 ammo and where to get it.

As always thanks for the input.

Take care.

Steve.
Link Posted: 10/28/2001 4:25:31 AM EDT
[#1]
Where are these for sale...
Link Posted: 10/28/2001 5:35:20 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
Where are these for sale...
View Quote

One of my local friends told me about them and knows the guy selling them so he told me if I am interested to let him know.

I will not buy them if I am not able to view them first but would like to have a very good idea so I don't make a mistake and cost myself too much cash if I choose to make him an offer   :)

Thanks.

Steve.
Link Posted: 10/28/2001 12:12:15 PM EDT
[#3]
^ :) ^
Link Posted: 10/28/2001 12:53:48 PM EDT
[#4]
$72.

Lake City is good stuff, but that's old ammo and you don't know how it was stored.  I wouldn't pay any more for the ammo in bandoleers than I could buy new M193 for.

You can buy Winchester Q3131A for $4 per box (20) or less.

So, $4 per 20 rounds, including the strippers, bandoleers, sounds about right to me.

[url]www.ammoman.com[/url] sells the Q3131A

FYI - this should be under the AMMUNITION forum
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top