Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/27/2001 9:55:13 PM EDT
Such a dilemma.  Ok, some college kids next door are having a halloween party.  It was loud as hell (sounds like everyone was having a GREAT time).  Anyway, I decided to head out to the garage and grab a six pack of beer and transfer them to the house fridge.  One of the neighbors peeks his head over the fence and says... "Happy Halloween dude!".  I said happy Halloween back and "If you get loud enough to wake up my 2 year old I'm calling the cops".  I was joking.  An hour later (about 11:45), the cops showed up and told them to keep it down.  Now they think I'm the one who called the cops on them.

My question is... Do I still fire up the chipper shredder at 8:00am as retribution or not????
Link Posted: 10/27/2001 9:57:24 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 10/27/2001 10:08:33 PM EDT
[#2]
Hmmmmmmm, I just don't get up that early on Sunday.  But if were a weekday.... [:D]
Link Posted: 10/27/2001 10:11:46 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 10/27/2001 10:13:50 PM EDT
[#4]
No just go out and crank off 30 rounds of blanks at 4 am
Link Posted: 10/27/2001 10:14:50 PM EDT
[#5]
DUUUDE!!!!!  fire up IM fat my man!

Link Posted: 10/27/2001 10:16:22 PM EDT
[#6]
My wife & I live in a big open downtown loft. My new upstairs neighbors are about as ignorant stomping around on the floor playing jungle nerf hoops or something at 3am on a tuesday night. The guys that lived there before were really cool and even had a drumset but they were very respectful and we had a good rapport. I suffered through the guy's lessons as a new drummer for over a year, but I was really behind him because it takes some gumpshun' for a 36 year old to decide he wants to learn a new musical instrument. These new punks were in the unit for 2 days and I get a phone call at the office from my wife who just got home and was changing clothes. She heard some noise by our skylights and lo-and-behold... the dickheads were on the roof looking into our apartment. She pulled her Ruger P-90 and aimed it at them with the red dot laser through the glass. They scrambled off there real quick. She was PISSED because she was half dressed.

I had a little talk with them when I got home. The stupid punks tried to deny it and called my wife a liar to her face. They promptly backed down when I stomped into their apartment and over to the roof overhang and pointed at the doodles they made in the dust on the glass.

I hope this doesn't end up a 187 because I really did enjoy non-prison life.

Link Posted: 10/27/2001 11:24:47 PM EDT
[#7]
hope it all turns out ok for you and the Mrs Ben! These young 'uns got no repect for ethics it seems.

Link Posted: 10/28/2001 12:48:19 AM EDT
[#8]
Crank up the hometheater system, playing the bank scene in Heat...

Did the same last week, playing TopGun(for old times sake) on DVD. My next door neighbour came around to ask if I saw those jetfighters flying lowlevel [:D]

Kuiper
Link Posted: 10/28/2001 1:08:56 AM EDT
[#9]
My advice is go out big game hunting (or if you don't hunt get what you need from some one who does) and take the guts, and put them in a trash can that you then place as close to their house as you can. Let them sit there for a month or so, and see if your neighbors still feel like messing with you.

Kyle
Link Posted: 10/28/2001 1:11:48 AM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 10/28/2001 2:44:51 AM EDT
[#11]
Tell them face to face you didnt call the cops. But please after say 9pm. cool it alittle so my kid can sleep. Party all night after that but try to keep it down a little. If you get an attitide then 911 them to death every time someone stops buy . video the next party , etc. but i find the former usually always works and make good allies in the neighborhood. you be suprised who might just dial 911 for you when your not home and a stranger is lurking around. my first choice to to build 10 foot brick walls around property but i dont have the time or money
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top