Link Posted: 10/27/2001 9:16:53 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 10/27/2001 9:19:52 AM EDT
[#2]
Yep!

I hope they bes easy with me[8)]
Link Posted: 10/27/2001 9:29:38 AM EDT
[#3]
you might be,,but then again Grunts have the backbone to fight in close, hard and dirty. We need all types to make the team work, but don't laugh at the guys that work the hardest.
Link Posted: 10/27/2001 9:31:42 AM EDT
[#4]
Come man it was joke,your my brother.
God bless America and you to.
Link Posted: 10/27/2001 9:47:09 AM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 10/27/2001 9:54:48 AM EDT
[#6]
Hey, a2carbine!  Nice picture of an F14!  That's a Navy jet.  Come on, have some pride!

I'm Army and I knew that.  And while you're up there laughing at us, please try not to hit us with the bombs.

[beer]... when you come back down!
Link Posted: 10/27/2001 9:58:28 AM EDT
[#7]
HA HA HA man.......F-14 is all they had[:)]
Link Posted: 10/27/2001 10:14:44 AM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 10/27/2001 10:25:53 AM EDT
[#9]
Interservice rivalry is fun, when everybody is a brother.
View Quote

Army-Be all you can be. (I hate that "one" thing)

Navy-It's an adventure.

Marines-Looking for a few good men.

Air Force-Only the smartest need apply.

When I was stationed on Okinawa a Marine friend was assigned to Camp Schawb.  After he was settled in I drove up one weekend and picked him up.  As we were passing the golf course on Kadena, he mentioned that Marines considered the Air Force like life on a golf course.  I said that ours jobs were more technically oriented while Marines are more physically challenged.  I then mentioned that we viewed most Marines as not smart enough to get into the Air Force.  We called a truce after that.  Having worked a bit with the Army, Navy Seals and seen a bit of the Marines training, I have nothing but respect for all you guys.  I also have respect for the 14 Air Force guys from my unit who died in Kuwait providing CAS for a Marine outfit in '91.  

United We Stand.

Eddie
Link Posted: 10/27/2001 10:26:53 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Maybe it should be more approiately address as the chairforce. Hey a2, you got a pen i can borrow?
View Quote

Man you suck,thats not funny1

Black or blue?[:)]
Link Posted: 10/27/2001 10:29:23 AM EDT
[#11]
Good luck. My brother in-law just got out a few years ago he said the only bad thing about boot camp there is that in the fist 5 weeks they can send I think he said 1 guy a week (That they don't feel should go on.) Back to week one. I don't know if thats true or not I'd ask around.

He told me they had a guy that was in boot camp for about 4 months because they keep sending him back to week one.
Link Posted: 10/27/2001 12:49:52 PM EDT
[#12]
a2carbine, see if Lackland still used Form 341 as a diciplinary means.
When you screw up they yell "Give me a 341!!" and you are [i]"like OUCH! tht hurt so much"[/i]
Its alot better than push-ups
AF basic training was so "hard", the hardest part was having to RUN very slowly so the fat stupid one could keep up with the group.

We were once told to slow down because it was ruining the base average.

If you can handle running for 20min a day and being yelled at, then you are all set, because there isn't ANYTHING realy physical.
Mabey the hardest part was having to run in place when it rains(you don't get to run in the rain)

BISHOP
Link Posted: 10/27/2001 1:46:19 PM EDT
[#13]
A2Carbine,

I went to Lackland Air Force Base for my Senior trip way back in '89.  It was a rude awakening in that June heat in San Antonio!  I did just short of four years, then got out and joined the Coast Guard.  I have never regretted it, and am still in.  If you have not picked a career field yet, be careful.  Some jobs in the AF promote painfully slowly and may not turn out to be what you expect.  
BTW - The really smart ones join the CG - all the benefits, 1/3 the bullshit!!!

ET1
Link Posted: 10/27/2001 1:56:23 PM EDT
[#14]
In ref. to inter service rivalry, keep in mind it's all in jest. By the way, I'm Navy, BU2.
How do you tell when you are in the rear?       There's ships.
Why do marines stay on Navy ships?
Sheep would be too obvious.
The Air Force, it's kind of an armed service, right?

On a serious note congratulations.
Link Posted: 10/27/2001 3:20:23 PM EDT
[#15]
I hope you made damn sure to get a gaurenteed job and not an open catagory !
Lackland is a cakewalk. I went through there in '87. Hell, we even had womenz on the lower level of our squadron building (3703)!Got to pc with them too.
Link Posted: 10/27/2001 3:23:58 PM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 10/27/2001 3:44:52 PM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 10/27/2001 4:10:13 PM EDT
[#18]
Lackland is like a glorified Boy Scout camp.  When I was there it rained the night before we were to go on the obstacle course.  The next morning we packed a change of clothes, marched to the course and when we got there we were told the course was "too wet" to go on.  If you can stand being yelled at it's a piece of cake.
Link Posted: 10/27/2001 7:46:03 PM EDT
[#19]
You know,
I never thought that AF BMT was easy, but I wouldn't have called it scout camp either.  I do recall during the first week (day 3?) you were allowed to call home and say you were alive.  There were guys actually bawling like little girls on the phone!  I was only seventeen at the time and I was thoroughly disgusted by it.  Jeez, let the other nut drop.
My Dad asked me what I thought and I told him that he had ridden me harder than the TIs were doing.  He was a Vietnam era FMF Corpsman, and I think he brought a little MCRD into his child rearing techniques!
They even had a loony bin where they stashed all the pansies that tried to kill themselves in order to get out.  Those jokers spent a hell of a lot more time at Lackland than the people who stuck it out.

gastrap - I think we used to say, "squat to pee, go to the '03!"  I did not have any chicks anywhere near my RH&T 3711.
Link Posted: 10/27/2001 8:04:38 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Hey A2, now you can drive over and attend the Houston Shoots!  It's not too far away... [;)]
View Quote

I know that drive man,500+ mils.!!!!!! you can have it.

I did not go in to the Air Force to drive[:D}
Link Posted: 10/27/2001 8:35:49 PM EDT
[#21]
I qualified for every MOS in every branch,,I went in the Marines,,and there is no such thing as friendly interservice rivalry,as there is no such thing as a "Fruedian slip",,,"oh I was only joking" bullshit on some level it is what you believe,,I don't disrespect anyone,,unless disrespected by another, and then I feel like a fool for falling prey to my emotions. My hats off to all that serve or served, I just hate it when others, joke and claim it is only innocent fun,,bullshit,,it doesn't have to be like that would it not be better if this sort of "kidding" did not go on?
Link Posted: 10/27/2001 8:38:30 PM EDT
[#22]
So what  AFSC " career field " did you choose a2 ??? 10  was the max people the TI could recycle when I went through .
Link Posted: 10/28/2001 12:58:16 AM EDT
[#23]
when it all comes down to it all branches make fun of us (air force) but when they have been good there Sgt.'s let them eat at our chow halls

john
Link Posted: 10/28/2001 1:30:10 AM EDT
[#24]
Link Posted: 10/28/2001 2:56:20 AM EDT
[#25]
Wilford hall is interesting. They get to service lots of civilian EMT calls... gangland style. If you went med, you will definately get hands on exp. with ballistics wounds.
Link Posted: 10/28/2001 4:14:03 AM EDT
[#26]
Link Posted: 10/28/2001 5:38:26 AM EDT
[#27]
Hey, not all Marines are dumb. Some went to Weather school with me at Chanute AFB. They (Marines) called us the "civilians" of the military. I forget, is that an insult?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top