Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/5/2007 6:13:45 PM EDT
My wife and I want to make a DVD of our 2 year old and send it to our families for Christmas.  I am looking for something where I can edit quicktime movies and JPEG's together with captions and a soundtrack.

I know there are probably a million products that do this but I wanted input from you guys as to ease of use and cost effectiveness.  
Link Posted: 12/5/2007 6:24:21 PM EDT
[#1]
Ulead = Video for Idiots (like me)

I have several other video editing software packages, including Avid and Adobe Premiere, but my kid can use Ulead if you don't mind losing a few special effects.
Link Posted: 12/5/2007 6:37:35 PM EDT
[#2]
Ulead's good entry-level stuff.  Most camcorders will come with stuff nowadays. Sony makes some great software as well.  I just bought a new Mac loaded up, so I don't use my PC stuff much anymore.  The Adobe stuff is too steep to purchase just for one use, but it's a great tool if you're going to use it for the years to come.
Link Posted: 12/5/2007 6:37:57 PM EDT
[#3]
You can probably get away with windows movie maker, which is built into windows (check out your start menu).

If that is lacking try adobe premier elements. I just bought a copy of that and have been having a lot of fun with it.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top