Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/26/2001 6:48:42 PM EDT
[url]http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/fr/557523/posts[/url]
Link Posted: 10/26/2001 7:55:16 PM EDT
[#1]
Take your foil hat off and quit accepting your news from the link cited. I saw the actual NBC report and no one was "accused" of anything. It was reported that certain domestic leads such as the foil hat groups (Tim McVeigh types) were being looked at along with international groups.
Link Posted: 10/26/2001 8:50:58 PM EDT
[#2]
The more I hear about the type of Anthrax used, the more I suspect the Iraquis or possibly stolen Russian bioweapons. All of our Anthrax stockpiles were destroyed more than 20 years ago, there was nothing to steal unless you are in the CDC/Government. It takes serious $$$$ and bio-weapons expertice to make the weaponized Anthrax found in a few of the letters. Not a job for the corner hobbyist.

It was ground, dryed and purified to such a state that only the best of the best weaponizing labs could have done it. And not to mention the extra chemical additive used to help de-ionize the spores to make them float almost forever. This highly weaponized form of Anthrax did not come from a couple white supremecists in a backwoods shack.

Unless you want to add the US government to the list of suspects, Iraq is the only real suspect left. If they could hide two bombs worth of uranium from weapon inspectors, a few pounds of Anthrax would be childs play.
Link Posted: 10/26/2001 8:57:15 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted: Take your foil hat off and quit accepting your news from the link cited. I saw the actual NBC report and no one was "accused" of anything. It was reported that certain domestic leads such as the foil hat groups (Tim McVeigh types) were being looked at along with international groups.
View Quote

Of course with that new "Patriot Act" it should be really easy to investigate those 'tin foil hat' groups... shouldn't it...
Link Posted: 10/26/2001 9:58:40 PM EDT
[#4]
I heard on the Bozo Trucker Radio show AM 700 Cincinnati, I believe it was Monday or Tuesday morning of this week, that the anthrax could have only came from the US. Our scientists have isolated the strain, now they have identified the engineering behind the enhanced air transmission of the bacteria. Only three countries have the technology to improve air transmission of the bacteria the report stated, America, Russia, and Iraq. Russia and Iraq have been ruled out because of their engineering processes. I am unable too recall exactly the terms used in the report, I am paraphrasing, but you get the idea.
Link Posted: 10/26/2001 10:18:12 PM EDT
[#5]
I remember reading an article, about a year ago, where a supposed white supremist was caught after he had ordered and received research samples of anthrax and bubonic plague.  He had ordered them through the mail, claiming he was at a university doing research.  If I remember correctly, the report said the anthrax could have been used to infect someone but not the plague.
Link Posted: 10/26/2001 11:30:48 PM EDT
[#6]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top