Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/5/2007 10:34:33 AM EDT
http://www.sportsmansguide.com/net/cb/cb.aspx?a=383702

Its a Glock buttstock with no NFA warning in the description. Some newbie is going to get themselves into trouble
Link Posted: 12/5/2007 10:37:07 AM EDT
[#1]
"Please check your State, County and City laws for restrictions before ordering"

While I still think SG sucks bunghole, that statement is likely enough to get them off the hook.
Link Posted: 12/5/2007 10:38:00 AM EDT
[#2]
There are 2 warnings there, not NFA, but they are covered. IMHO
Link Posted: 12/5/2007 10:57:43 AM EDT
[#3]
Oh, I have no doubt they are legally covered but that is the same generic warning you see when you buy a 10+ mag.

I just see some new shooter with his new Glock ordering this and taking it to range not knowing what kind of shitstorm he may get into, thats all.
Link Posted: 12/5/2007 11:04:20 AM EDT
[#4]
ive asked.. and have been answered before..   but its been awhile..  so i forgot..

how is this legal ?

stock on a pistol
Link Posted: 12/5/2007 11:08:05 AM EDT
[#5]
Not entirely sure, but if it's 26" OAL and 16" Barrel Length... it should be good to go... [the conversion]
Link Posted: 12/5/2007 11:09:41 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
ive asked.. and have been answered before..   but its been awhile..  so i forgot..

how is this legal ?

stock on a pistol
www.mechtechsys.com/images/CCU%20M16%20stock%204%20(small).jpg

Because once you put a 16" or longer barrel and a buttstock on it, it is no longer a pistol. It is now a rifle.
Link Posted: 12/5/2007 11:15:58 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
how is this legal ?

stock on a pistol

The MechTech CCU requires you to put a 16" barrel on at the same time you add the stock.  You can convert a pistol to a rifle and back, but it has to start as a pistol.  A pistol can have a 16+" barrel, and if it does, a stock can be added.  Same rules apply to AR pistols.  We can thank Thompson/Center with their pistol/rifle kits for pushing this through the legal system so that the law on the issue is clear.

The problem with the hardware in the original post is that it doesn't increase the barrel length and therefore creates a short barreled rifle, which would need to be registered to be legal.
Link Posted: 12/5/2007 11:17:06 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Quoted:

how is this legal ?

stock on a pistol

Because once you put a 16" or longer barrel and a buttstock on it, it is no longer a pistol. It is now a rifle.

Correct, and its possible to go from a pistol to a rifle back to a pistol. Its not possible for a rifle to go to a pistol.
Think AR lowers: if it is a virgin lower (never had any upper on it; hard to prove, but its the way it is) it can be made into an AR pistol (barrel shorter than 16") as long as their is no buttstock (just the buffer tube). Most folks try and get their virgin lower "papered" as being never assembled to an upper that is with a rifle length barrel/buttstock attached.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top