Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 12/5/2007 8:24:21 AM EDT
Did a search, didn't get anything back.
story

Wednesday, December 5, 2007
Girl, 7, shot 6 times saving mom
Norman Sinclair, Santiago Esparza and Jennifer Mrozowski / The Detroit News
DETROIT -- A 7-year-old-girl is being hailed as an "angel from heaven" and a hero for jumping in front of an enraged gunman, who pumped six bullets into the child as she used her body as a shield to save her mother's life.

Alexis Goggins, a first-grader at Campbell Elementary School, is in stable condition at Children's Hospital in Detroit recovering from gunshot wounds to the eye, left temple, chin, cheek, chest and right arm.

"She is an angel from heaven," said Aisha Ford, a family friend for 15 years who also was caught up in the evening of terror.

The girl's mother, Selietha Parker, 30, was shot in the left side of her head and her bicep by a former boyfriend, who police said was trying to kill Parker. The gunman was disarmed by police and arrested at the scene of the shooting, a Detroit gas station. Police identified him as Calvin Tillie, 29, a four-time convicted felon whom Parker had dated for six months.

Parker, who was treated and released at Detroit Receiving Hospital, is now at her daughter's bedside. She declined to comment Tuesday.

The drama began to unfold just before midnight Saturday, when Parker called Ford and asked if she and Alexis could spend the night at Ford's home.

"She said she had no heat and they were very cold, and I said , sure I'll come and get you," Ford said.

Ford said she drove her burgundy 1998 Ford Expedition to Parker's home on Dwyer. She said as Parker and Alexis walked up to her vehicle she saw a man on the porch, who she assumed was a furnace repairman. She said Alexis, who walks with a limp, slipped momentarily on the icy sidewalk and as she helped the girl up, she saw the man and recognized him as Tillie. He was holding a gun.

Tillie ordered them into the vehicle, cursed at the women and angrily told Ford to drive him to Six Mile Road, she said.

"He looked like he was enraged and didn't care what he did. I knew if we went to Six Mile, he would kill us," Ford said. Instead, she told him she needed gas and drove to the Fast Stop Gas station in the 5000 block of East Seven Mile Road, a station that requires customers to pay the attendant inside.

"I figured if he got out to pump the gas, I was going to take off," Ford said.

Instead, Tillie gave her $10 and told her put in $5 worth of gas.

Ford said she dialed 911 on her cell phone as she walked into the station.

"The first operator clicked off and I dialed again and told that operator a guy with a gun was holding me hostage with a mother and baby and threatening to kill us. I told her the name of the gas station and then she said they didn't have a unit to send."

Ford said she paid for $5 of gas and slowly returned to the vehicle, stalling for time as she handed Tillie the change. She said she kept stopping and starting the pump, hoping the police would show up.

"I told him I needed more gas and took money out of my purse and went back into the station," she said. The attendant, Mohammad Alghazali, 30, said he noticed Ford was crying and she told him what was happening. He called 911 as he heard shots coming from the vehicle.

"It was very scary. She (Ford) was scared and screaming when the guy was shooting. I was scared, too. I was on the phone talking to the police when he started shooting," he said

Parker told police that Tillie said Ford was taking too long

She said she pleaded with him but he pointed the gun at her and shot her in the side of the head. She told police she was shot in the arm as she lunged at Tillie.

Before Tillie could fire again, Alexis jumped over the seat between her mother and the gunman and begged him not to shoot her mother.

The police report said Tillie "without hesitation" pumped six shots into the child.

As police arrived, they saw Parker, covered in blood, running from the truck, screaming, "He just shot my baby."

The officers said Tillie came out to the vehicle holding a blue steel 9 mm semi automatic and dropped the weapon when ordered to do so. Officers said they found Alexis huddled on the floor under the steering wheel, covered in blood, surrounded by spent cartridge casings, a spent bullet on the floor and teeth on the seat. There were bullet holes in the windshield and blood inside.

Alghazali said a police car on a street nearby arrived in less than a minute after his call.

Marvin Bodley, a Detroit Public Schools attendance agent, spent two days at Alexis' hospital bedside and said it's miraculous that she's alive.

"What a courageous, courageous little girl," he said. "You see more bandages than child," he said. "It's a horrific sight."

Bodley said Alexis receives special education services at school, in part because of a weak left eye, which is the result of a massive stroke she suffered as an infant.

Ford said doctors at the time had predicted that when Alexis got older she would have trouble with tasks such as writing, but she is now able to write her name.

"She is a good little girl who is very protective of her mother," said Tonya Colbert, Parker's cousin.

Tillie is being held in the Wayne County Jail facing kidnapping, assault with intent to murder, child abuse, felony firearms and habitual criminal charges.

A preliminary examination is scheduled for Dec. 13.

Follow up---------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thursday, December 6, 2007
Fund set up for 7-year-old 'hero'
Community wants to help girl who suffered 6 gunshot wounds while protecting her mom.
Norman Sinclair / The Detroit News
DETROIT -- The outpouring of offers of help and support from around the country for 7-year-old Alexis Goggins, who was shot six times protecting her mother, has overwhelmed the family, a relative said Wednesday.

"It is just amazing how the community has embraced us as a family and how much love they have shown for Alexis," said a cousin, Tonya Tolbert. "We are just very thankful."

On Wednesday, a benefit fund through Comerica Bank for Alexis and her family was set up by the child's school, Campbell Elementary in Detroit.
"We have had calls offering help from as far away as Texas and Washington, D.C.," said Marvin Bodley, a Detroit Public Schools' attendance agent, who visited Alexis each day in the hospital. "We have had quite a few people who were themselves carjacked crying on the phone because they can relate to what they went through. We've had a couple of local businesses who called to help."

Alexis, her mother Selietha Parker, 30, and family friend Aisha Ford, 29, were forced at gunpoint into Ford's SUV around midnight on Saturday. Ford had driven to Parker's home on Dwyer on the city east side to pick up her friend and daughter after the furnace in Parker's house failed.

Police said Calvin Tillie, 29, Parker's former boyfriend, then forced his way into the vehicle and ordered Ford to drive him to an address on Six Mile. Ford told him she did not have enough gas and drove to a gas station to try to get help. While pumping gas, she called 9-1-1. The attendant at the gas station on Seven Mile also called police as shots rang out in the vehicle parked at the gas pump.

Police said Tillie shot Parker twice and fired six shots into Alexis when she jumped from the back seat to shield her mother from Tillie.

Tillie was arrested by Detroit officers as he got out of the vehicle with a 9 mm semiautomatic pistol in his hand. He is in the Wayne County Jail facing numerous charges of kidnapping, assault with intent to murder, child abuse and habitual criminal penalties as a four-time felon. Tillie will have a preliminary examination in 36th District Court on Dec. 17.

Alexis remains in stable but critical condition at Children's Hospital in Detroit with wounds to her eye, temple, chin, cheek, chest and right arm. Parker, who was shot in the head and arm, was treated and released.

"Alexis is responding to treatment and appears to be fighting well for her life," Bodley said.

She is still slipping in and out of consciousness, he said.

While she was being bathed on Wednesday, Alexis pushed away the nurse's hand, which onlookers considered to be a good sign, Bodley said.

"We're not out of the woods yet," he said. "But we're very hopeful she's going to survive this incident."

She faces surgery to her eye on Friday. Bodley said all indications are that Alexis will lose the eye.

Checks should be made out to the Alexis Goggins Hero Fund and sent to Campbell Elementary School in care of the Alexis Goggins Hero Fund, 2301 E Alexandrine St, Detroit, 48207. For information, call (313) 494-2052.

Link Posted: 12/5/2007 8:28:01 AM EDT
[#1]
The original thread has a shitty title.

ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=1&f=5&t=646943

Link Posted: 12/5/2007 8:30:02 AM EDT
[#2]
Put that guy under the prison
Link Posted: 12/5/2007 8:30:10 AM EDT
[#3]
911 is a fraud.
Link Posted: 12/5/2007 8:36:48 AM EDT
[#4]
That bastard deserves a slow, drawn out, painfull fucking death.
Link Posted: 12/5/2007 8:36:50 AM EDT
[#5]
That is a typical SE MI police response to 911... They don't always have units to send, even if they did it would be at least a few minutes before they arrive.
Link Posted: 12/5/2007 8:38:22 AM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 12/5/2007 8:41:05 AM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 12/5/2007 8:42:43 AM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 12/5/2007 8:43:21 AM EDT
[#9]
This is a dupe

Link
Link Posted: 12/5/2007 8:45:20 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

A preliminary examination is scheduled for Dec. 13.

DAMN IT!!!

I read that as "execution."

What a let down.
Link Posted: 12/5/2007 8:46:19 AM EDT
[#11]
I wish somebody would shoot that bastard six times.

With a Mk. 19.
Link Posted: 12/5/2007 8:46:24 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
911 is a fraud.

When SHTF, it's just you and the bad guy........
Link Posted: 12/5/2007 8:46:26 AM EDT
[#13]
What a pile of shit to shoot a 7yr old.

Fucker should be drawn and quartered.

Pisses me off that we are going to have to pay to keep this piece of human filth in prison, when we would all be better off with him being a pile of ashes.

Prayers for the little girl and the mother.
Link Posted: 12/5/2007 8:46:31 AM EDT
[#14]

Four Time Convicted Felon...................What the fuck is wrong with this picture????????

Why was this garbage out on the street???
Link Posted: 12/5/2007 8:46:33 AM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:
Thank you for posting the article rather than just a link.

I hope this thread will be more respectful than the other one.  

Thanks, I always try to post both the link and article. Saves everyone time if they don't like clicking through.
Link Posted: 12/5/2007 8:47:00 AM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:
[Sarkozy]The State will provide security[/sarkozy]

Every woman should and must be armed.

Umm... even ones that date four-time felons?

- BG
Link Posted: 12/5/2007 8:49:16 AM EDT
[#17]
He was disarmed? Why the fuck didn't they put him down like the rabid dog he was?

And dating a 4 time convicted felon for 6 months? Sounds like a real smart mom. She and her daughter are paying for her idiocy.

If the situation weren't so serious and deplorable, it'd be a funny example of the ladder theory. It harps on women going after "outlaw biker" types.
Link Posted: 12/5/2007 8:55:05 AM EDT
[#18]
In such cases where it is plian to see what happened, I wish you could put his sorry ass down on the spot
Link Posted: 12/5/2007 8:55:06 AM EDT
[#19]
This is why I hate tasers.  We captured the fucker?  Why couldn't he just be shot resisting arrest and save us the fucking drama.

Link Posted: 12/5/2007 8:55:18 AM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:
911 is a fraud.

Don't invite shitheads into your life.
Link Posted: 12/5/2007 8:55:37 AM EDT
[#21]
May God have mercy, because the other convicts won't....

May Karma be served.
Link Posted: 12/5/2007 8:56:16 AM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

Four Time Convicted Felon...................What the fuck is wrong with this picture????????

Are you serious? In prison they'd call him "a beginner".
Link Posted: 12/5/2007 9:05:53 AM EDT
[#23]
Agree with the bad choice on a boyfriend.

Also why I couldn't be a cop; no need to elaborate on that.

Though given the description of the circumstance to 911, being told that no response is available needs to be looked at.
Link Posted: 12/5/2007 9:10:00 AM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:

Should have been exterminated ( like a cockroach ) in prison.  Should be killed upon conviction for this latest offense.  Garbage belongs dead.  
Link Posted: 12/5/2007 9:13:34 AM EDT
[#25]
My prayers are with the girl and her family. Pray that she will recover soon.
Link Posted: 12/5/2007 9:13:57 AM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Detroit.
Link Posted: 12/5/2007 9:16:47 AM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Detroit.

Good point, in Detroit he's not even a rated amatuer with just 4.

I'm sorry, go to jails, prisons, probation, parole, or Courts, 4 felony convictions is the very low end of the scale.
Link Posted: 12/5/2007 9:19:21 AM EDT
[#28]
Who was the mother fucker on the phone that told that woman there was nobody to send when an officer arrived inside a minute AFTER a 7 year-old was shot 6 times?  

I have a feeling that this dude is not the exception when it comes to her choice in men... it rarely is, but that is a special kind of animal that just dumps a mag into a little girl.  A great deal of it right into her face.

Hope the girl pulls through.
Link Posted: 12/5/2007 9:23:05 AM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:
Who was the mother fucker on the phone that told that woman there was nobody to send when an officer arrived inside a minute AFTER a 7 year-old was shot 6 times?  

I have a feeling that this dude is not the exception when it comes to her choice in men... it rarely is, but that is a special kind of animal that just dumps a mag into a little girl.  A great deal of it right into her face.

Read and understand the first post in a thread before commenting on it.
Link Posted: 12/5/2007 9:28:48 AM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:
911 is a fraud.

Now I dialed 911 a long time ago
Link Posted: 12/5/2007 9:33:58 AM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:

Quoted:

What did I not understand?  

Was an officer in the area or not?  Was she told there was no officer present or not?  Was a seven year old girl shot six times before another 911 call brought an officer to the scene in a minute or two?   What exactly did I miss here?

ETA: I guess that's my answer then.
Link Posted: 12/5/2007 9:43:30 AM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Sounds like he nailed it exactly.
Link Posted: 12/5/2007 9:52:46 AM EDT
[#33]
Ford said she dialed 911 on her cell phone as she walked into the station.

"The first operator clicked off and I dialed again and told that operator a guy with a gun was holding me hostage with a mother and baby and threatening to kill us. I told her the name of the gas station and then she said they didn't have a unit to send."

This is the kind of shit that pisses me off beyond words.  

They've got plenty of time and manpower to give out tickets, but when someone actually NEEDS the police, good luck.

Fricking legislators and administration won't let police be officers of the peace any more.

Prayers for the girl.  
Link Posted: 12/5/2007 9:54:20 AM EDT
[#34]

Damn, according to CNN, this brave little girl took the shots to her eye, temple, chin, cheek, chest, and arm.  Good luck little girl.  

cnn video

Link Posted: 12/5/2007 9:56:43 AM EDT
[#35]
God bless that little girl.
Link Posted: 12/5/2007 10:03:39 AM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I read the original post again and I'm not seeing the misunderstanding, care to elaborate?
Link Posted: 12/5/2007 10:07:52 AM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:

I'm curious?  I've always though we had a 3 strikes rule for felonies?
Link Posted: 12/5/2007 10:13:22 AM EDT
[#38]

Quoted:
And dating a 4 time convicted felon for 6 months? Sounds like a real smart mom. She and her daughter are paying for her idiocy.

If the situation weren't so serious and deplorable, it'd be a funny example of the ladder theory. It harps on women going after "outlaw biker" types.

it seems crazy, but when it blows over, i'll bet she goes back to him.  what else do you expect from a society that likes it's assholes more than straight arrows?

eta for grammar
Link Posted: 12/5/2007 10:17:52 AM EDT
[#39]

Quoted:

But the gun rules will prevent felons from owning or posessing firearms.
Link Posted: 12/5/2007 10:18:27 AM EDT
[#40]

Quoted:

Damn, according to CNN, this brave little girl took the shots to her eye, temple, chin, cheek, chest, and arm.  Good luck little girl.  

cnn video

Link Posted: 12/5/2007 10:20:43 AM EDT
[#41]
Lots to learn from this.

-Can't rely on 911
-Little girl has balls
-Don't associate with felons.
-9mm loses

Think that about covers it. Hope the girl pulls through though
Link Posted: 12/5/2007 10:21:50 AM EDT
[#42]
I have a 6 year old daughter and even though I'd never put her in that situation in the first place, I still feel horrible for the little girl.
Link Posted: 12/5/2007 10:23:59 AM EDT
[#43]
I can't see CNN videos at work but I just found this one:

www.liveleak.com/view?i=7fa_1196879454

Link Posted: 12/5/2007 10:40:14 AM EDT
[#44]

Quoted:

Ford said she drove her burgundy 1998 Ford Expedition to Parker's home

This was a highly relevant detail?
Link Posted: 12/5/2007 10:57:00 AM EDT
[#45]
That f-er needs to fry in hell.
Link Posted: 12/5/2007 11:16:47 AM EDT
[#46]
That slut Parker shares a great deal of culpability in getting her daughter shot 6 times.  You don't date a four times convicted felon and just hope for the best.  A sad and infuriating story all around.  
Link Posted: 12/5/2007 6:18:21 PM EDT
[#47]
20' of rope and the closest tree.
Link Posted: 12/5/2007 6:26:52 PM EDT
[#48]
bet he will get hard time this time,sadly its not enough. should get death
Link Posted: 12/5/2007 6:37:47 PM EDT
[#49]

Quoted:
That f-er needs to fry in hell.

He needs to fry in the real world first (literally)

I usually wouldn't condone burning people at the stake, but this shit deserves it! (as well as child molesters and rapists)
Link Posted: 12/5/2007 6:45:27 PM EDT
[#50]
There are so many things that are just wrong that are noted in the story, it amazes me... I am not surprised, though.  
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top