Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 12/4/2007 3:38:20 PM EDT
used it on a steak at a decent restaurant?

My wife fussed at me for this
Link Posted: 12/4/2007 3:39:30 PM EDT
[#1]
Worse - a leatherman. All the frickin time.
Link Posted: 12/4/2007 3:44:01 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 12/4/2007 3:47:29 PM EDT
[#3]
I will only use it to the very very last resort (survival situation) after watching what I put my knives though everyday.
Link Posted: 12/4/2007 3:51:06 PM EDT
[#4]
NO, but last time we went to a nice seafood restaurant, I ordered all-you-can-eat crab legs. The waittress brought out a huge stack of crab legs and not one single pair of crab crakers. I asked and she said they were out, so I went to the truck and pulled a pair of pliers out of the toolbox, went to bathroom and washed them, then went to town on the crablegs with them. For some reason, the waittress got all pissy.
Link Posted: 12/4/2007 3:56:55 PM EDT
[#5]
On a date with a new girlfriend (who later became my wife) around Halloween, I brought her a small pumpkin.  She was all like "what are we gonna carve it with?" and I pulled out my knife, made quick work of the pumpkin.  Looked kinda like this:  
Link Posted: 12/4/2007 4:34:31 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
NO, but last time we went to a nice seafood restaurant, I ordered all-you-can-eat crab legs. The waittress brought out a huge stack of crab legs and not one single pair of crab crakers. I asked and she said they were out, so I went to the truck and pulled a pair of pliers out of the toolbox, went to bathroom and washed them, then went to town on the crablegs with them. For some reason, the waittress got all pissy.

Yeah, but you didn't get all pissy because they were out.  You just enjoyed dinner.  

Only 10% tip for her.
Link Posted: 12/4/2007 4:36:39 PM EDT
[#7]
...you might be a redneck

Link Posted: 12/4/2007 4:38:35 PM EDT
[#8]
Extra points for picking your teeth with it when the meal is over.
Link Posted: 12/4/2007 4:39:51 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Yeah, but you didn't get all pissy because they were out.  You just enjoyed dinner.  

Only 10% tip for her.

Nahh with that kind of bullshit you take some quarters and drop them into your ice glass.
Link Posted: 12/4/2007 4:40:00 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Only 0% tip for her.

fixed.
Link Posted: 12/4/2007 4:42:07 PM EDT
[#11]
I was in a convenience store while working out on the road last week, needed a pocket knife and opened my CRTK "My Tighe" assisted opening folder. The old coot behind the counter sniffed, "them switchblades is illegal, you don't wanna git caught wif dat..."

'tard
Link Posted: 12/4/2007 4:42:21 PM EDT
[#12]
I was at a BBQ when the grill-guy needed a knife to open a pack of hotdogs. Not one person out of the 20+ there had a knife on them.

I handed him my spyderco byrd, and all I heard in reply was "Well, some psycho is carrying this around...What do you need this for?"

Fucking whiny asshole sheep motherfuckers.
Link Posted: 12/4/2007 4:45:56 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Only 10% tip for her.

Nahh with that kind of bullshit you take some quarters and drop them into your ice glass.

uuuh its 2 pennies in a glass not quarters

it mean the waiter/waitress aint got 2 cents about there selves
Link Posted: 12/4/2007 4:46:17 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
I was at a BBQ when the grill-guy needed a knife to open a pack of hotdogs. Not one person out of the 20+ there had a knife on them.

I handed him my spyderco byrd, and all I heard in reply was "Well, some psycho is carrying this around...What do you need this for?"

I think i would have taken the knife back.  
Link Posted: 12/4/2007 4:47:19 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

What kind of folder?

I've done this with my large Sebenza. It doesn't look all that tactical, but it works much better than those crappy restaurant steak knives.

Link Posted: 12/4/2007 4:48:01 PM EDT
[#16]
It's better if the knife has dried blood on it.
Link Posted: 12/4/2007 4:48:29 PM EDT
[#17]
I eat at quite a few authentic Cuban/Latin cafes and a lot of them serve the food on throw away plates with plastic utensils. I'll use my knife to cut my steak if it needs it. No one ever looks twice.
Link Posted: 12/4/2007 4:50:57 PM EDT
[#18]
Whenever I do that I get some serious WTF looks.
Link Posted: 12/4/2007 4:52:30 PM EDT
[#19]
No, after what I've used my EDC knife for, I don't intend to use it on food except in some sort of emergency.
Link Posted: 12/4/2007 4:54:51 PM EDT
[#20]
I made the mistake of using my folder in the teacher lunch room.

Ever had 8 people go at you?

- BG
Link Posted: 12/4/2007 4:57:56 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

My answer is "I carry it because pussies like YOU don't carry knives.  And yet you need one.

THAT's why I carry it."

Freaks people out at first, then within a day they are borrowingit for everything.  
Link Posted: 12/4/2007 4:59:58 PM EDT
[#22]
Heck, before 9-11 I used to pull it out on flights to cut up food.
Link Posted: 12/4/2007 5:01:54 PM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

Quoted:

My answer is "I carry it because pussies like YOU don't carry knives.  And yet you need one.

THAT's why I carry it."

Freaks people out at first, then within a day they are borrowingit for everything.  

Yeah, they borrow my knife ALL the time, because I am the only guy who carries one.

Then I have to listen to the ignorant comments about blade length, "Oh, it's longer than my palm is wide, that means it's illegal."

Then I have to explain to them that that law DOESN'T EXIST. They can't figure out that it doesn't make sense for a guy with small hands to not be allowed the same knife as a man with larger hands. Fucking IDIOTS.
Link Posted: 12/4/2007 5:03:50 PM EDT
[#24]
Yeah, whipped it out to cut a muffin in half to share w/ my girlfriend.. she gave me a "WTF" look, then smiled and said "Boys..." and took her half... She understands now...
Link Posted: 12/4/2007 5:05:37 PM EDT
[#25]
I pulled a BuckLite out of my coat pocket in a bar in Canada once.

To cut a loose thread on my friend's coat. She freaked, as did every other Canadian at our table.

Pussies
Link Posted: 12/4/2007 5:10:53 PM EDT
[#26]
I was on a date once and she couldnt open up a package so I gave her my knife.  I got the biggest look from her.  She called me a gang banger for carrying such a sharp knife (CRKT BULL).  I walked out.
Link Posted: 12/4/2007 5:11:57 PM EDT
[#27]
... Use my Benchmade 9100 Auto Stryker with tanto blade all the time in restaurants

Link Posted: 12/4/2007 5:12:05 PM EDT
[#28]
Oddly enough, I used my brand new Ken Onion (bought myself as one of my birthday presents) on my lunch birthday blue steak today
Link Posted: 12/4/2007 5:12:06 PM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:

Quoted:

What kind of folder?

I've done this with my large Sebenza. It doesn't look all that tactical, but it works much better than those crappy restaurant steak knives.

Buck Strider...

I typically use it for that kind of thing at home, beats steak knives (any kitchen utility knife) all hollow.  Except for maybe a thin serrated blade in certain applications, like slicing bread.
Link Posted: 12/4/2007 5:12:55 PM EDT
[#30]
dt
Link Posted: 12/4/2007 5:38:28 PM EDT
[#31]
triple tap a half hour later.  Odd.
Link Posted: 12/4/2007 5:50:51 PM EDT
[#32]
Amateurs. I use a four inch fixed blade for that stuff.
Link Posted: 12/4/2007 5:55:01 PM EDT
[#33]
I use mine everytime I order carne asada. The exican resturaunt in my town provided useless steak knives that saw the meat instead of cutting it.
Link Posted: 12/4/2007 5:56:26 PM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:
I will only use it to the very very last resort (survival situation) after watching what I put my knives though everyday.

Yup. My knife might as well be coated in AIDS and Monkey-pox.

I would never let that thing touch human food.
Link Posted: 12/4/2007 7:02:33 PM EDT
[#35]
I caught some major from the coworkers and staff when I pulled out my Tanto folder to cut some deep dish pizza squares for the buffet table (there was not another knife).

I have been reminded by my boss about the company's "No Guns" policy, so we gave me the super when I whipped it out and sliced and diced!  hey if I can't carry a gun, then a sharp blade is the next best thing right?

BIGGER_HAMMER
Link Posted: 12/4/2007 7:05:58 PM EDT
[#36]
Sure.

What doesn't kill you makes you stronger.

Joe
Link Posted: 12/4/2007 7:09:27 PM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:
I was in a convenience store while working out on the road last week, needed a pocket knife and opened my CRTK "My Tighe" assisted opening folder. The old coot behind the counter sniffed, "them switchblades is illegal, you don't wanna git caught wif dat..."

'tard

My daily carry knife.  REALLY easy to get a sheeple reaction with that baby.  I used it to cut a ribbon for our secretary the other day and she asked why I would need to carry something like that.  I told her she was the fourth person that day that had needed my knife for something...

Link Posted: 12/4/2007 7:14:22 PM EDT
[#38]
Nah.  I just use the knives provided.  I've cut some mangled up people out of cars before with my Spyderco.  I know its been sanitized, but its just nasty.  If I had no choice, I'd slice and dice my food with it in a heartbeat but when there's an option? Nah.
Link Posted: 12/4/2007 7:18:34 PM EDT
[#39]
Some of you fellas need to invest in another knife. You know it is ok to own more than one.

-work knife
-weekend knife
-BBQ knife
-casual knife
-dress knife
-defense knife
-etc...
Link Posted: 12/4/2007 7:20:33 PM EDT
[#40]
I use mine occasionally in the campus dining hall (3" blade). All they have are ghey blunt "serrated" butter knives.
Link Posted: 12/4/2007 7:23:00 PM EDT
[#41]
I use my Kershaw on steaks and whatnot at home all the time. Never used it in a restaurant.
Link Posted: 12/4/2007 7:27:21 PM EDT
[#42]
Heh, just remembered a pulled out a pocket knife to open an envelope while talking to an academic dean while I was studying in England.

"You know that's illegal here, right?"

- BG
Link Posted: 12/4/2007 7:27:57 PM EDT
[#43]
I've whipped out the buck folder and leatherman at restaurants before. The buck has gutted and skinned many deer and a couple of bear.
Link Posted: 12/4/2007 7:30:21 PM EDT
[#44]
What are some decent quality large tactical folders? My benchmade's sissy 3.5 blade is too small.
Link Posted: 12/4/2007 7:34:49 PM EDT
[#45]
I was walking out of the local bar a bunch of us go to. I was in an arguement with two folks about iraq and whats going on in the middle east.  We didn't see eye to eye. They got VERY beligerant and started getting in my face and being very retarded. The bouncers almost got involved but I simply walked away from the situation and decided to have a beer instead of getting into some stupid confrontation over nothing.

It was 4 am(closing time), and the two fuckheads followed me to my car. I turned around and saw them approach me in a very threatening way. I instantly whipped out my spyder co. military seraded folder and prepared to defend my self. The two SOBs ran VERY quickly in the opposite direction.

I love my spyder co.

Link Posted: 12/4/2007 7:36:29 PM EDT
[#46]
When the waiter confirmed that the restaurant only had "wrist-safe" knives, I pulled out my CRKT M16 to work my steak once.

You should have seen his face when I asked... the words "wrist-safe" were accompanied with enthusiastic sawing at the inside of my wrist with their knife. Not a mark. Crappy excuse for a knife.
Link Posted: 12/4/2007 7:36:39 PM EDT
[#47]

Quoted:
What are some decent quality large tactical folders? My benchmade's sissy 3.5 blade is too small.

Zero Tolerance 0200

Link Posted: 12/4/2007 7:39:11 PM EDT
[#48]
I have a CRKT M-16. I can flick it open with one finger and it comes in handy.
Link Posted: 12/4/2007 7:45:44 PM EDT
[#49]

Quoted:

You, sir, are nothing but 100% homogenized class.
Link Posted: 12/4/2007 7:51:28 PM EDT
[#50]

Quoted:
I pulled a BuckLite out of my coat pocket in a bar in Canada once.

To cut a loose thread on my friend's coat. She freaked, as did every other Canadian at our table.

Pussies

I was in paris and took out my spyderco manix to butter a croissant....the entire country promptly surrendered
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top